Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [47.05] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp  (Read 54838 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2018, 02:24:36 pm »

That certainly explains why post-battle cleanup would drive forts to near insanity in 44.10.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2018, 02:30:44 pm »

@Splint - I think you meant dizziness - that's what the ichor causes in this case. I left drowsiness-inducing stuff to the spore clouds which are more like the creeping clouds of gas you occasionally see - they don't cause coverings but if a dwarf wanders in they'll get affected by the stuff. Think those are easiers to avoid, and they don't leave behind spatters or any other covering.

@Teneb - do you know which positive emotions are of a similar strength? Ones that'd make sense, anyway - I know rapture is equally strong but I wouldn't think it makes sense for a mysterious light-blue fluid raining from the sky that makes you numb and dizzy.

Sumguy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 03:33:44 pm »

When the horror was causing the cancellation, DT was saying (-100) for it, but also (+100) for the joyful ichor's effect, so it seems to be related to currently having the thought of horror rather than a cumulative stress effect.

edit: Despair did it too. I used dfhack to make remove stress beforehand, it started raining ichor again, and my farmer went out for a drink. The drink was cancelled because of the active thought of despair, and definitely not because of stress, since her stress is -96.6k.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:44:52 pm by Sumguy »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2018, 04:23:58 pm »

There's a list

Adoration is -1, for instance. But appropriate ones might be Bliss, Delight, Joy, Jubilation. I left out a few -1 emotions like Lust and Love for obvious reasons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sumguy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2018, 10:10:09 pm »

There's a list

Adoration is -1, for instance. But appropriate ones might be Bliss, Delight, Joy, Jubilation. I left out a few -1 emotions like Lust and Love for obvious reasons.

Read the template at the top of the page. It's outdated.

Anyway, is there a way to decrease the frequency of freakish weather? It's pretty much nonstop.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 04:20:49 am »

I could change the frequency of it from weekly to monthly - went with the first since it was the "standard" for vanilla weather types, going by the example raws.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2018, 05:18:22 am »

Freakish weather can make otherwise nonthreatening places unlivable now thanks to the stress rework.

It's one of the few things that makes me long for the good old days of 34.11... Then I remember I like not needing to clearcut forests to build one small house.

Sumguy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2018, 10:17:57 pm »

Freakish weather can make otherwise nonthreatening places unlivable now thanks to the stress rework.

It's one of the few things that makes me long for the good old days of 34.11... Then I remember I like not needing to clearcut forests to build one small house.

This seems like something only the Toady One can solve. Something has to be done about freakish weather itself in how horrifying it is, or clean self has to be not cancelled by being freaked out because of being covered in goo, although that really wouldn't help in my situation, as I didn't have any covered bathing areas. They were using the brook, and promptly getting recontaminated after they got out.

Does MONTHLY really work as a value for the frequency tag? The wiki only lists WEEKLY as a valid value.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 04:41:48 am »

It lists both - there's apparently YEARLY and DAILY too.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2018, 05:39:44 am »

Uploaded a small update - added more emotions to the joyous ichor as said, and changed the time for it and the evil biome rains from weekly to monthly. I've also altered some of the creature classes for some of the creatures - some of it is additional classes for resistances against magical attacks (most good glacier creatures now have the water/ice elemental creature class), others are for compatibility for some races I'm working on.

I'm taking a bit of a break from modding for now (aside from minor fix updates like this) - once I'm done I'll probably work on an Ars Goetia pack and an update to my main pack (maybe I'll start working on a non-lewd monster girl mod too since some people were talking to me about it). Hopefully in that time I'll be able to finalize designs for the civilized races, predatory creatures and megabeasts that are supposed to go with the setting of this pack and my cave revamp. I'll also start working on the albums for this one to both finish up the lore and to showcase what the creatures can actually do.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:00:51 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2018, 04:39:21 am »

Minor bugfix update - heavenly steeds should properly fly now, also Barbusians had their front legs improperly attached to their upper body rather than to their lower body.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2018, 04:40:44 pm »

Minor update - I altered the wood templates to make them more in line with the ones from my other packs. I also added pet classes to some of the creatures to make them compatible with some of the new races I've made for my main pack.
Vast majority of bird creatures also now have a "peck" attack if they didn't have one before or if they had the "beak jab" attack - the peck does piercing damage. The only exception is the Silverbeak from the good marshes, which keeps its blunt properties - it is still renamed to "peck", however.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:58:10 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2018, 11:45:30 am »

Quick hotfix - added profession names to some creatures that were missing them - also altered the existing ones for Hell Temptresses and Swarm Maidens to make them more in line with other female-only creatures.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2018, 07:19:55 am »

Minor update - changed some of the identity names (prophets, pilgrims, criminals, etc. - also instead of "peasants" there'll be other terms) for the intelligent, playable creatures to be more fitting. Fixed up some minor oversights as well, and I also did a slight design alteration to the Anguished Sorrow and Desperate Fury creatures from the evil badlands. I also added some creature classes for compatibility with races I'll be doing in the future.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:25:16 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2019, 11:04:16 am »

Larger update - I added sounds to most creatures, plus I also rewrote a few creature descriptions to hopefully make them less vague and more distinct.

More importantly, I released an addon for this that adds some civilized races, all of which will use creatures from this pack as pets (some will also use the creatures from the cave revamp if you have it installed as well) - they also have their own unique pets as well.

Neutral races:
-Leorians -lion-like people who colonize both good and evil areas, and have some innate pets from both - will sell plants and wood from both good/evil biomes.
-Friori - elf-like race from the arctic regions. Have innate pets from arctic areas, and can also make weapons from Cryosteel, a very sharp metal.
-Banished - outcast demons who wanted nothing to do with the goals of the Pestilents and Burners. Have multiple castes, some of which wield elemental magic. Have unaligned demons from evil biomes as pets, will sell evil plants and wood.
-Exiles - race of eldritch beings that are considered heretics by the others. Have some eldritch creatures from the evil biomes as pets, and will sell evil plants and woods. Have a large variety of castes with different elements.

Hostile races:
-Hederi - long-necked humanoids of wood and bone, aligned with the forces of nature. They have three castes and will utilize the plant-like beings from the good biomes as pets - their weapons are made from enchanted wood and solidified fungus.
-Veridi - vaguely elf-like humanoids with antlers and vine whips, aligned with the forces of nature. They use the more beastly creatures from good biomes. Their weapons are made of solidified fungus and enchanted wood.
-Astralians - otherworldly humanoids with plated, chitinous skin - allied with the Seraphim and Hallowed. Have good hill biome creatures as innate pets, and two castes.
-Hallowed - light elemental-aligned eldritch race, brethren to the Seraphim. Have various other light-aligned creatures from good biomes as pets, along with good hill biome creatures. Have several castes.
-Glacial Ones - an arctic eldritch race, aligned with the element of frost. Have various creatures from evil taigas, tundras and glaciers as pets - have three castes.
-Distorted - mutated inhabitants of evil badlands - somewhat more sane than other badland inhabitants, but just as deformed - utilize various creatures from the evil badlands as pets. Have a variety of castes.
-Cortinari - a fungal, eldritch-allied race. Can make weapons out of solidified fungus, but also have access to metal. Have two castes, and utilize pets from the evil marshes/swamps.
-Vengeful - an undead, arctic race - utilize undead creatures from the evil tundras, as well as underground undead. Have several castes.
-Burners - technologically-proficient demons of fire - utilize demonic beings from the evil rocky wastelands, mountains and temperate forests. Have a variety of castes.
-Pestilents - plague demons, more proficient with magic - utilize demons from evil jungles, sandy deserts and temperate forests. Have a variety of castes.
-Corrupted Dwarves - demon-worshipping dwarves, with progressively more mutated castes. Utilize a variety of demonic creatures, preferring fire-elemental ones.
-Kabrazi - intelligent, beetle-like insectoids - utilize the insectoid beings from evil savannas and from the underground. Have a variety of castes.
-Outlaws - united groups of bandits as well as exiled casters, scientists and other amoral individuals, more motivated by revenge than profit. Utilize a variety of pets from both biomes, also have several castes (dwarves/elves/humans, but also deformed, mutated magi, demented scientists named fleshsculptors, and machinists with metallic implants)

A Prime Hederi - illustration by u/BradleytheRadley from the DF subreddit - thanks again for the art!
Also, shout out to turb0gum for this piece depicting a Corpsebound from this pack - really awesome!

I'll eventually be doing a few more addons for this, most notably a megabeast pack, so stay tuned for that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:50:28 am by ZM5 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8