Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [47.05] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp  (Read 56576 times)

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2019, 06:43:54 am »

Note/friendly reminder: You do realize its probably going to be a pain to refactor this once the magic update rolls around? Thanks for putting it together, anyway.  :)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2019, 08:05:34 am »

Eh, would just have to deal with it. Wouldn't neccesarily be worse than remaking stuff for my other packs, it'd just take longer.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2019, 01:53:05 pm »

Small update to the race addon - I noticed Exiles didnt have joints so I fixed that, also added the new weapons and armor I introduced to my main pack to the entities from this addon - pauldrons, wrappings, etc.
The exiles also got a new material that they'll make weapons and armor out of - shifting flesh, which has 8100 density, its shear yield is 419% of iron whereas its shear fracture is 306% of iron, though its impact yield is 44% of iron and impact fracture 55% of iron - it can also achieve a maximum edge that is 250% of iron. Supposed to convey "living weapon" type of imagery.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2019, 01:52:33 am »

Should I install this mod OVER your main mod or vice versa if I want to use them together with cave mod?

Updating them now. realized i had old releases of everything heh. I dont remember how I did this last time.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2019, 04:32:09 am »

I'd say over, this uses a different set of material, tissue and body detail plan templates unlike the cave revamp so there shouldn't be conflicts. Weapon file should be the same for the race addon, so you wouldn't have to replace it if you're using the most current version of my main pack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2020, 12:09:55 pm »

Update for 47 - only the raws-only and the race addon links are actually updated, due to worldgen crashes.

Main changes:
-Frost/wind/gem bolt attacks are edged.
-Healing spells and materials use the new syndromes for proper healing.
-Zealous Diabolists, Frostweavers, Timeless Corruptors, Loving Parents and Glassweavers now have summons.
-Slashing/stabbing attack values are rebalanced.
-Pet values for buying/selling are lower.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2020, 01:51:04 am »

Small emergency update - only the raws-only and race addon links are updated once again - I've removed the no_eat/no_drink tokens from the creatures as that's partially responsible for the current worldgen crashes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2020, 07:55:15 am »

Updated the race addon's weapon files and entities for compatibility with my other mods - also some fixes for the creatures in the main body of the pack. I removed the album links for now, will replace them with more standard help files like in my other packs, though it's gonna take a long time to write them.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2020, 12:20:58 pm »

this is such an underrated mod. i literally cant play anymore without this installed. just came by to say this. iv talked to you before but i just want you to know i still play with this and the caves mod on every install. the stuff in this mod should be in the vanilla game. i dont use your main mod just because im not 100% into the multitudes of other races even tho its well done.  these are my bread and butter tho
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 12:23:56 pm by flyteofheart »
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2021, 03:56:20 pm »

I have to fully agree with the previous post. Another advantage of these mods is that they do not affect the entire world, you can decide yourselves if your fortress is willing to take the risk to confront danger or not. (In the case of lands of duality by settling in a good or evil area, or in case of the caverns mod by breeching the caverns.) It's nice to have large parts of the world that are still "vanilla DF"

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2021, 05:41:57 pm »

I've started browsing for a modern alternative to the old Fortress Defense mod, and this looks like a solid candidate.  I did have to remove the advanced races from Fortress Defense b/c they were just so OP (anyone remember Fiend Spiders?).  On that note, can anyone give me a break down of exactly how difficult the assorted hostile races are if my civ is at war with them?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2021, 06:25:44 pm »

Speaking from the position of an end user and having only encountered a handful at any given time...

Not all of them are hostile for starters (usually you can at least depend on the Friori and Leorians to be your friends,) but the main thing to look out for is disease resistance for your own guys (which can be buffed by providing ample amounts of magebane or venombane drinks,) and anything with large size noted in its description. If nothing else, big boys need edged weaponry to deal with, forcing you to field more weapon-diverse forces (as bigger enemies are simply too beefy for mace or hammerdwarves to bludgeon to death efficiently.)

They're otherwise much more forgiving, at least of the ones I've fought or had serving in my militia as sellswords, lacking crap like metal-grade tissues barring specific areas of the body on some races that explicitly artificial augmentations. Course some of them have multiple arms, don't feel pain, inflict pretty serious status effects or have hard-hitting projectile attacks if memory serves, among other things. They also have a very wide array of weaponry that might make them more or less dangerous; having had no use for thier inferior quality weapons I can't speak of performance.

Overall, standard tactics will usually still carry the day for you, and if any show up wanting to soldier it couldn't hurt, particularly the casters who will be just as dangerous to your enemies as they are your own people.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2021, 06:39:20 pm »

Speaking from the position of an end user and having only encountered a handful at any given time...

Not all of them are hostile for starters (usually you can at least depend on the Friori and Leorians to be your friends,) but the main thing to look out for is disease resistance for your own guys (which can be buffed by providing ample amounts of magebane or venombane drinks,) and anything with large size noted in its description. If nothing else, big boys need edged weaponry to deal with, forcing you to field more weapon-diverse forces (as bigger enemies are simply too beefy for mace or hammerdwarves to bludgeon to death efficiently.)

They're otherwise much more forgiving, at least of the ones I've fought or had serving in my militia as sellswords, lacking crap like metal-grade tissues barring specific areas of the body on some races that explicitly artificial augmentations. Course some of them have multiple arms, don't feel pain, inflict pretty serious status effects or have hard-hitting projectile attacks if memory serves, among other things. They also have a very wide array of weaponry that might make them more or less dangerous; having had no use for thier inferior quality weapons I can't speak of performance.

Overall, standard tactics will usually still carry the day for you, and if any show up wanting to soldier it couldn't hurt, particularly the casters who will be just as dangerous to your enemies as they are your own people.
Solid, thanks for the info!  (Btw, new Succubus race coming when? :P)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2021, 07:25:44 am »

this is such an underrated mod. i literally cant play anymore without this installed. just came by to say this. iv talked to you before but i just want you to know i still play with this and the caves mod on every install. the stuff in this mod should be in the vanilla game. i dont use your main mod just because im not 100% into the multitudes of other races even tho its well done.  these are my bread and butter tho
I have to fully agree with the previous post. Another advantage of these mods is that they do not affect the entire world, you can decide yourselves if your fortress is willing to take the risk to confront danger or not. (In the case of lands of duality by settling in a good or evil area, or in case of the caverns mod by breeching the caverns.) It's nice to have large parts of the world that are still "vanilla DF"

Thank you both, sorry it took me a while to respond but I've only occasionally been looking on the forums lately.

I've started browsing for a modern alternative to the old Fortress Defense mod, and this looks like a solid candidate.  I did have to remove the advanced races from Fortress Defense b/c they were just so OP (anyone remember Fiend Spiders?).  On that note, can anyone give me a break down of exactly how difficult the assorted hostile races are if my civ is at war with them?
In addition to what Splint said, the Banished and the Exiles are also friendly civs. Hard for me personally to say which of the hostile civs would be the most difficult, for most of the multi-caste civs or ones with larger-sized castes (i.e Distorted, Corrupted Dwarves or Burners) they usually have incomplete armor sets (mostly lacking leg+foot protection so crippling them in that way works, occasionally lacking shields or other armor bits too). Nonetheless, this mod and most of my others go off the assumption you're running heavily military forts when it comes to fort mode.

Also yeah, I tend to try and not do "always chaotically evil" type races that are 100% hostile for most of my mods (unless they're non-speaking ones) - so members of the races from this pack would come in as mercs and the like. Main thing you'd have to worry about is the ones with gas/vapor attacks - usually mentioned in the description if they'd have an attack like that - ones that have other types of interactions shouldn't cause friendly fire incidents.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.05] Lands of Duality - A Good/Evil Biome Revamp
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2021, 11:13:20 am »

Small update, mostly just small fixes and oversight corrections, also compatibility with the weapon set shared between this and my main pack and assorted pack.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8