Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird Walls  (Read 915 times)

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird Walls
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:24:00 pm »

Hi,
I've been provided by a save which I put into a fresh copy of DF 44.10. The game loads and works, it just looks weird. Check the image below:

Those yellow Ä should like this: Sandy loam.

If I wanted to troubleshoot this issue, where should I start? Do you have any idea what might have caused this?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Walls
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:53:44 pm »

The save was probably using a graphic tileset, which tend to swap tile symbols around in the raws.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 01:58:29 am »

I see, that's really the most probable reason, thanks. How do I make things standard again? The save doesn't use any mods, so can I just copy the raws from any other vanilla save?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 04:22:59 am »

The save is from the Breakfastpit, right?

Normaly, coping over the raws in the save would be enough. However, that save is from 44.09 so you might want to use that version's raws and not the ones from 44.10. I'm not sure how importing to newer versions work (i've never done it) but since this is a succession game you might get a few problems if you constantly switch form one version to the other.

The safest method (but it's very time consuming) would be to manualy change the tile symbol in each of the save's raw files.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:24:38 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 10:27:10 am »

Yep, its Breakfastpit.

I don't remember what the symbols should be, so changing them manually is impossible for me. And looking each and every one up... Not my cup of tea. I solved it this way:

I've seen this before. Looks like the save is still in Phoebus. This is why we need to reset to ASCII when we transfer saves.

Here's how I'd solve it:

1. Download and extract the starterpack (this isn't an official one, but it seems to work on my machine).
2. Run PyLNP.exe and switch to the Phoebus 16pt tileset on the Graphics tab.
3. Copy Breakfastpit into [Starter Pack Location]\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\data\save.
4. Now re-open PyLNP.exe and switch to the ASCII tileset on the Graphics tab. When the starter pack asks, tell it to update your save files.
5. It should now work.