Somewhere cold
- 1 (25%)
Somewhere good
- 0 (0%)
Somewhere evil
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Shatterfate - A woodless/stoneless Succession Fort  (Read 19644 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Shatterfate - A woodless/stoneless Succession Fort
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 08:20:39 am »

Fiiine. :P let me at least wreck his face when he turns back.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 10:14:17 am »

Wow, that was fast. After a month of waiting I seem to have saves headed on me from all sides. :o I'll have time for DF on Thursday.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:53 am »

Interesting story, quite creative idea of not being able to use wood or stone, I love it, PTW.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:37:00 am by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 12:20:56 pm »

I feel the urge to point this out, pandas ARE bears, (red pandas aren't though

fishboyliam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 12:40:18 pm »

I'd like to sign up for a turn if possible, seems like a fun challenge! Mind dorfing me as a male fisher?
Sorry, both of our fisherdwarves are women. And one's a cook now. And the others training to become a thresher because I don't have any safe fishing spots yet.

That's fine, I'd just like to request the first male fisher that turns up (or anything in that vein, really).

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 01:14:05 pm »

BTW, sign me in for a turn as well!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 07:34:49 pm »

I've been familiarizing myself with the fort and the stocks have caught my attention:
Spoiler: stocks (click to show/hide)

Just how diehard our bookkeeper is? You have my respect, Imic!

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 08:02:04 pm »

Rule 1. You may not build anything out of either wood or stone. No crafts, constructions, workshops, furnishings rooms or trade goods.

* We will make an exception for beds and slabs, since there is no alternative material for them.

I'm asking for permission to use wood for axles and waterwheels, sir! I don't think they have non-wooden variants.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 03:24:01 am »

I've been familiarizing myself with the fort and the stocks have caught my attention:
Spoiler: stocks (click to show/hide)

Just how diehard our bookkeeper is? You have my respect, Imic!
Oh, so that's what Imic was doing when he got his head stuck in the beehives for three days before we found him and pulled him out. That makes sense now. For a dwarven value of "sense", anyway.

Rule 1. You may not build anything out of either wood or stone. No crafts, constructions, workshops, furnishings rooms or trade goods.

* We will make an exception for beds and slabs, since there is no alternative material for them.

I'm asking for permission to use wood for axles and waterwheels, sir! I don't think they have non-wooden variants.
I prayed to Nirmek Atir on your behalf. She's still bitter about the earring incident, but she says she'll cut your clan a break and let you make axles and waterwheels so long as you promise to build her a glorious multi-story temple as penance for the sins of your ancestor.

I've been looking at legends, hense Atir's name change (she's the head of our pantheon). Some other fun tidbits:

1. The Plagues of Breaching is a goblin civilization who are apparently a nation of pacifists. They have never attacked another civilisation or site in the entire history of the world. They've been attacked plenty, though: two human nations have launched continuous attacks on them since the dawn of time. At this point, their entire civilization consists of an unnamed dwarf in Ruthlessvipers, an unnamed goblin in Bademerelds, and the Master, the human Xuspgas Nutsruthless, who is apparently living a peaceful life with his wife in their (conquered by humans) capital.

2. Our civilisation, The Treasury of Seizing, have never fought in a war. Neither has the other dwarven civilisation, The Robust Page. In truth, dwarves are kinda pitiful in this world. I mean geez, our King's an elderly fishery worker. I'm glad we're founding a new Futile-only civilization, 'cos our old one sucked.

3. Based on distance, we will probably be sieged sooner or later by The Terrors Of Wetting, the biggest goblin civ in the world. They've won 9 battles, lost 3. Their closest pit is Scourgeinsight and it has 1669 goblins, so we shouldn't have any shortage of Goblinite to melt down. Their master is Matchglows the Tenacity of Cells, a gigantic wombat twisted into humanoid form with lidless eyes. Fingers crossed we'll get the chance to kill him at some point.

4. There aren't many elves in this world: what few exist are divided into two civilizations, both of whom have been targeted throughout history by The Undignified Midnight, a goblin civ. The Deer of Lions have never won a battle against them, possibly due to lacking any war animals. The Glimmer of Wards meanwhile have never lost a battle, possibly due to having 2.5 times as many war jaguars, giant dingo's and giant leopards as actual elves. Fingers crossed we get trade convoys from the latter rather than the former.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 06:26:39 am »

Can I be dorfed as that smithy on the list?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 06:39:54 am »

IMIC! Get oot of that beehive! Yeh've been stuck in there for three days, ye bastard!
mm bzzee
Wha'?!
MM BZZEE
Olon! Get over here and lend me a hand, I might just forgive ye for yer fuck up with the levers earlier.
But I'm hauli-
SHUT UP!
All righ', all righ'...
HEAVE!!
CRASH
Spits out a bee What'd ye do that for?
Why the fuck did ye have yer fuckin' head stuck in a fuckin' beehive for three FUCKING days?!
I was counting the bees! What do you think I was doing? It's my job in this gods-forsaken stone-free wasteland to take stock of every single small animal I can find, and those bloody bees are no feckin' exception! They keep on dying and giving birth, the bastards, they can't last two weeks without going to the grave...
You. Were counting BEES!!??
Yes! What of it?
Ye're a fuckin' madman, that's what!
Well, I'm sorry that was doing my job. Bastard.
You bloody Northern twat with yer weird accent and yer obsession with countin' every stupid fuckin' blade of grass! Now, stop distractin' me! There's a fuckin' werebeast outside the gates, we need ye to get people movin'!
I AM BUSY!!
Le's pu' i' this way: if ye don't get a FUCKIN' move on right FUCKIN' now, I'm confiscating yer tea.
You wouldn't dare.
Try me, mr. Fuckin' tea junkie.
Alright. People! Get moving! We need to move these carcasses out of the gates right now!

Can I leave ye'?
No. Fuck you.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:40:57 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Freshcannon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 10:36:59 am »

Dorf me

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 11:15:43 am »

That blue is quite hard to read on the dark background. Can you edit it to some other colour, please?
Code: [Select]
[color=cyan][/color] Cyan is also blue and much easier on the eyes.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:49 am »

Now you've done it. This will not stand, I want outer bridges raised, so the panda doesn't run away and inner bridge open, so we can get out and kill it. Imic put his heart into counting those bees, we'll have some panda roast as revenge! Damn, is there a lever which is linked to the outer bridges? I don't know, just pull some damn levers already, we'll see what happens.

Damn, it has ran away. Bloody bee killing panda is now in river, tearing spongemen apart. I must say, it did a number on them, I think I saw a spongeman left leg sponge flying. But the thing is out of reach now, we cannot jam its skull through its brain in the river. Let's hope it comes back later, so we can have our revenge. Wait, it is turning... into a human. And poor sod cannot swim, haha. Good riddance!

One of the spongemen has been bitten in the leg. The leg got severed few moments later. Is it possible we'll have to deal with another bee genocide as another werepanda comes, this time out of the river? At least it will transform into a sponge and airdrown, if it is impudent enough to leave the water.

Current bee count: 0 :'(

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2018, 01:03:13 am »

Noooo! Not the bees!!!!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11