Somewhere cold
- 1 (25%)
Somewhere good
- 0 (0%)
Somewhere evil
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Shatterfate - A woodless/stoneless Succession Fort  (Read 19828 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shatterfate - A woodless/stoneless Succession Fort
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2018, 09:59:10 am »

Thanks for the link.  I have to work this Friday, but I'm off this weekend.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2018, 01:09:46 pm »

“Quarries spread in all directions as if the diggers are frenzied chasing after ores and gems because only rough boulders lay strewn abandoned.  Rubble and loose stones occasionally spill down a deep shaft of carved stairs.  On one level, a proficient tracker could detect a passage with footprints from a single entity that travelled in and out of a cubbyhole.  A careful observer would reveal a leather backpack, and in its contents are few writing implements, and a book--a diary!”
-- Diggy, scout of the 35th Expedition.

Introduction.  A Miner’s Journey 

Sanctume, a miner: It no matter how I got me-self in this.  What matter best, is what I do aboot it.  I have an idea, and it best be heard.  You lots gab much but nooo action!

GPeter, the smith: But the enemies are upon us.  We are doomed! 

GPeter, the miner: Umm.   Fellas, this lever is useless.  No one connected it. 

Imic, the administrator: The requisition is incomplete because the engineer did not specify the complete circuit.  Not my job.  *proceeds to count cloth threads* 

Quasar, a spearfarmer: *continues to stab dirt* 

Josephus, a trader: I will open the north lock to gain access to the trade depot.  The south lock should hold off any invaders, so there is no danger to us. 

Species Unknown, the axecutioner: That maybe, but I can handle them all.  My war dogs are up there and should protect the pasture.

Kametec, a potter: *continues to collect clay* 

Faker Fangirl, a glassmaker: Anyone have spare bag? I need bags for sand.  I must collect more sand.

FishboyLiam, a fisher: What about my fishing spot! 

Freshcannon, a bone carver: Oh noes, my bone farm animals!

Some depressed peasant: I’m so lonely.  I don’t want to eat.  I don’t want to drink. 

Amanita, a miner: Frack!  Who drank the last booze?  We have no more booze! 

*panics ensues*

Sanctume, a miner: Git yer heads out of yer arses.  There’s no reason for panic.  A lil bit of arganizin’ and we will get this done.

Imic, the administrator: Thank you for stepping up Sanctume.  Let the record show Shattefate has a new overseer for the duration year 253. 

*cheers* 

*cries* 

*panic* 

Sanctume, the overseer: *shakes his head* 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:22:19 pm by Sanctume »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2018, 01:36:09 pm »

For the sake of honor, make me your first mate in charge, I must redeem myself!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2018, 09:30:43 am »

I have some delay.  The Black Friday manic buying has come and gone, leaving me with building a new computer.  Old GTX 770 seems to be dying as I am getting artifacts playing DF.  It could be TWBT related, or the latest nvidia drivers.  Anyway, I played some DF but mostly paused to designate lots of digging and micro managing stuff.  Played about 1 month so far with notes.   I am waiting for a new gpu to arrive Thursday, so I will be tweaking the pc again.  Hope to play some more this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]