Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Customs Agents: Tradeblockade, 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)  (Read 8817 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

New LP from yours truly, the King of Incomplete LPs, Champion of Communism; Species Unknown! (Here's what I've got so far)

IGNORE EVERYTHING THAT IS CROSSED OUT. New rules and such are beneath that, and it will be starting properly around page 5 (or 4.)

The mad king of the mountainhome (Udib Havemine) has decreed that all prisoners are to be shipped out and worked in the forests and fields of the world, never to feel stone under their feet again. They will help build a new mountainhome in the wilds, and be the first line of defense against all dangerous creatures and those who wish to commit genocide against us! So! We shall return the favor, preemptively, upon the creation of our fortress! The location has been chosen, in the middle of the greatest concentration of all our enemies; goblins, humans, elves, etc. And raze them to the ground! Our citizens and nobility will be safe deep underground, protected by the most skilled warriors capable of dealing with any threat.

Rules:
Three layers to the fortress, keep as separated as possible, connected only by the trade road.
Each layer is a caste, Dirt, Stone, Metal.
Max savagery and max beasts.
No traps or ballista or catapults or minecarts etc of any kind, only the might of our military.
Get elven sieges ASAP for the wooden armor and weapons.
Give the humans 2 years before pissing them off (3 years total before it happens).
No elf, goblin, or human can leave the map.
Kill all elves, goblins, and humans.
Open up all three caverns and get the groups split up in the first year.
Use decorations on pieces of armor for major enemies/sieges that a warrior kills/survives with details of that major enemy/siege being killed/survived. (Major meaning not elven)
5% of the population in each caste does nothing but haul.
Each layer's furniture and decorations and tools (mugs, scroll parts, etc) has as much of it made out of the caste name as possible (stone for Stone, metal for Metal. None for Dirt. hahaha.)
Metal Caste spaces are 2 high for any non-Noble location. Noble quarters and the tavern are 3 high.
All scholars/scribes/other written intellectuals are considered part of the Metal Caste.
Dirt gets nothing.
Stone gets temples and tavern open to all.
Metal gets temples, library, and tavern (tavern kept private?).
Attempt to have at least 1 of every industry (Some of them will not be active a whole lot if we need to import the stuff, and I need the practice).
If Overseer Speciesunkn0wn dies, abandon and restart in a new world(?) or elsewhere on the continent(?)
-----------
More rules when thought of. :3
-----------
Castes:
Dirt Caste: Anything dealing with plants and animals (wood cutters, tanning, bone carving, fishing, farming, woodcrafting, etc) only cooking and brewing do not count. Live on the surface/dirt layers. No rooms (unless they start freezing to death in winter), no beds, no cooked food (only plump helmets, everything else gets tossed down), no booze(?). Wooden armor (if they're lucky) and weapons, except for copper axes to cut trees. All serve in military, and the first ten to get kills will have their own squad and get bone armor and weapons (possibly artifact armor and weapons?) and become the guards of the camp. If there is any stone, it's rough stone and exposed to the elements to be rained on to make it muddy.

Stone Caste: Anything dealing with stone (mining, masonry, mechanics, gem cutting, etc). Get 2x2 rooms unless master engravers, then they're put into 3x3 rooms in the Metal Caste's quarters. Get simple and fine meals and booze. Bronze armor and weapons. Most of them are in their part of the military. Probably live around the caverns? All rooms and floors are smoothed. Two guilds; Rough Stone Guild (RSG) and Fine Stone Guild (FSG), RSG is mining, masonry and stonecrafting, FSG is everything else.

Metal Caste: Anything dealing with metal and nobility. Live on/over the magma layer. Get 3x3 rooms for the metal crafters (because useless trinkets and stuff), everyone else that's not a noble or O7 gets 5x5. Steel and Candy weapons and armor. One or two full squads, and the Royal Guard. All rooms and floors engraved (thus the master engravers)
-------
Of the embark dwarves: A woodworker (the Warden of the Dirt Caste), two miners, two guards, one metal smith, and the overseer/expedition leader(/doctor?).
-------

Some planned things is to have metal bars/grates surrounding a fairly large area of the surface to act as a fence for the prisoner complex, a ditch for the caravans to keep them from looking into the complex/making it easier to defend, alternating minecart drop pits for the raw goods to the various parts (food, trinkets, ores, etc) and to make sure the enemies can't go straight to the Metal layer.

If anyone wants a super high redorfing count, Dirt Caste will be the way to go...

Dorfs:

Imic: Rough Stone Guildmaster (RSGM)
Comicraider: SubChancellor of Smithing (SCoS)
GPeter: Dirt Caste Warden (DCW)

Very, very, very basic for right now. I'll get a story written out properly soon!

We are a small and skilled group of dorfs. As the Customs Agents of The Iron of Bloods, we are on the road to one of the fortresses and must check everyone and everything that goes along that road (EG: Just caravans/whatever civs we piss off). If they do not fit the standards (eg: not dorfs) the items are to be seized and the people detained or slain if they fight back. We shall build a mighty wall to block off access and force them to come to the fortress, which shall stand both above ground and go deep below, down where they will be held, forever. Or until they die. Whichever comes first.

Rules:
-40 dorfs to begin with 100 hard cap (gonna try a generational thing)
-All human and elf caravans are to be seized.
-All human and elf caravans are to be slaughtered.
-All non-dorf visitors are to be captured and/or killed.
-All nearby human and elf civs are to be pissed off ASAP.
-Traps are to be kept to a minimum, dorf power will protect us. (will cage traps and such work on visitors and merchants? Or only if they go insane?)
-Anything that can be melted is to be melted.
-Anything that is not made by dorfs is to be dumped into either magma or a DAS.

OOC: I'll try and make it a proper story fort. And write in character of the main dorf. Which means embarking with papers for "writing on".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:23:44 pm by speciesunkn0wn »
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Penal Camp/Caste Colony
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 10:05:23 am »

I'd like a stone caste dorfing leter on, preferably the Warden.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 11:28:13 am »

I'm intrigued. Any chance of getting dorfed as a metalsmith? :3

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 01:11:29 pm »

Alright. :3 I might separate the Stone Caste further into two guilds. (Off the top of my head) Miners/Masons/Stonecrafters for rougher rocks and Engravers/Mechanics/Gemstonepeeps for detailed work. So one of the O7 Stone Caste would lead each group. (I need to look at the labors again, it's been several months since I have, so I might have forgotten one or two). Which would you like to lead?

I'm intrigued. Any chance of getting dorfed as a metalsmith? :3

Of course. You wanna be part of the Original 7 (O7) and have all metalworking related stuff enabled, or do you want pure metalsmithing and only have a 3x3 room because you're doing less dwarfy things than making weapons and armor and furniture?

To everyone: What should Architecture be under? Metal or Stone?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 02:41:37 pm »

Masonry of course. Who doesn't want to build needlessly large structures in a penal camp?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 02:54:01 pm »

Masonry of course. Who doesn't want to build needlessly large structures in a penal camp?

Alright, you shall lead the Rough Stone Guild (RSG). :3 Since part of the plan is to carve out the underground into a giant city of hanging and towering towers, most masonry jobs will be furniture and bridges and stuff. I should make it so that the furniture in each section is made of their caste. Stone gets stone furniture, Metal gets metal... Yeah. I like that. Of course, at some point I could possibly build a giant tower reaching as high into the sky for no reason other than looks. XD

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »

Here's an idea: the city is built in kayers, like a circular, inward facing Minas Tirith, but the bottom i where all the best people live. All round the sides are towers like pillars, reaching the roof. Each level is adorned with the caste symbol, and all work and all homes are buildpt in that one level. Streets, shops, everything.
And at the lowest point it where the nobles dwell, since we are dwarves, after all.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »

Here's an idea: the city is built in kayers, like a circular, inward facing Minas Tirith, but the bottom i where all the best people live. All round the sides are towers like pillars, reaching the roof. Each level is adorned with the caste symbol, and all work and all homes are buildpt in that one level. Streets, shops, everything.
And at the lowest point it where the nobles dwell, since we are dwarves, after all.

It'll be built in mostly-completely separated layers. The surface will be separated outside of the caravan entrance. And the surface will be quite open at least. But I do want to be defended purely by melee dwarves. But I could do an upside down Minas Tirith for the Stone and Metal layers... That would look pretty cool, having the ruler's room hanging over the magma sea. Would be tricky to carve out though without losing huge chunks of stone.... But I suppose we could make giant cave-ins and import junk. Or keep them limited to the width of the surface complex so there's a fair bit to mine on the outer portions of the map.

Now to get the latest LNP and turn off aquifers, find a forest with a brook within range of quite a few things. ...Do I want a necromancer tower?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 05:33:38 pm »

Quick preliminary update. I'll get more when I wake up. (Currently in poland. It's about half past midnight here).

This is the embark set up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here is the world with the two embark locations I'm thinking of. I'd like to do the bottom one because it's closer to humans, elves, and gobbos, and there's a reaaaally close fortress from the civ I'm gonna use (the biggest one, the Still Orbs)

-------------------

A dwarf wearing an ornate uniform, carrying some paper and a megaphone steps onto a stage in front of a crowd of other dwarves

Attention all citizens! Our Glorious Leader Udib has declared a state of emergency! The censusdwarves have returned from their mission! We are outnumbered by our enemies by 7-1!

They seek to wipe our kind out completely! Even now we have found many citizens who have aided the enemy in sabotaging our efforts to build and survive by letting in beasts to destroy our true citizens and fortresses! Let it be known that an expedition to build a camp and new, impenetrable fortress city below it is to go out in two weeks! After the basics are in place, the deportation of prisoners will commence immediately! Our enemies seek to destroy us, we shall destroy them before they have the chance! Eternal Victory! He salutes by moving his arm in a motion like his hand is the axblade chopping at a tree

The dwarves return the salute Eternal Victory! The crowds disperse, talking among themselves.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 08:21:26 pm »

Of course. You wanna be part of the Original 7 (O7) and have all metalworking related stuff enabled, or do you want pure metalsmithing and only have a 3x3 room because you're doing less dwarfy things than making weapons and armor and furniture?

I'll go O7 if that's possible :3 the motherland requires artifact weapons.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 11:02:47 pm »

Alright. Our first Metal caste member.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 06:16:23 am »

Quick questions: musicians and bards be allowed in Metal caste layers (so public or private tavern/temple?) Or should only intellectuals for the library?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 12:27:29 am »

Bump
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 12:40:33 am »

Thank you Imic. I almost have the first year complete. Been busy with work and too tired to play. ^^;

Iamsorryforalmostmakingyoudiefromstarvationbecauseimisschsnneledstuff

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 12:13:56 pm »

Stone Caste meber showing up, I want to be an engraver, pls
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6