Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Customs Agents: Tradeblockade, 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)  (Read 8828 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Penal Camp/Caste Colony
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:54 am »

I want to be dorfed
Auze - Male - Scholar and/or doctor.

You're in luck! We have both an intellectual and a doctor! Which would you like? Lolor Delerib or Ingish Abanalath?
I'll take the... intellectual. Though I would like to get him some experience in doctoring.

Ok. :3 (although that doctor there is really more of a diagnosis peep.) But I'll give you those things and we'll get a hospital up and running on both levels. And I suppose I should give the dirt caste one too...
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2018, 02:11:13 pm »

Sorry it's been a while, got caught up with stuff and wasn't able to play. ^^; Uh. Quick update: So far only one dorf has been afflicted with the stress problems, but the first tantrum resulted in the death of GPeter, the Dirt Caste Warden. Hasn't tantrumed since though. And now there's a bug where there's supposed to be 25 dorfs in the latest migrant wave (according to DT) but there's only two on the map. A ranger and a kid. Ranger is moving, kid is just sitting on the edge of the map. So yeah. Oh, and found the missing cavern. Turns out I missed the FIRST cavern, not the third. Oops.

And should I wait until the update with the memory fixes (What's also irritating is that everyone is 'fine' or higher, but the stats say they're stressed out over stuff, and the messed up dorf is also 'fine'. For some reason.) to continue this? Continue properly from the save, or just restart the whole thing and call it a dream or something? Or should I try and restart the communist fortress.... People really like that one...

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2018, 06:24:19 am »

I say try to continue if you can.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:23 am »

Godammit! I'm dying in every single Succesion game I have been dorfed... Is this some sort of signal from heaven? Should I be worried about this?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2018, 06:40:13 am »

Godammit! I'm dying in every single Succesion game I have been dorfed... Is this some sort of signal from heaven? Should I be worried about this?
Even weirder: I haven't died in a single succession game, not even at modded hell.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:29:00 am by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 10:38:51 am »

And it was a pretty damn lame way to go too. And just that one dorf for some reason.

I really hope this migrant wave bug doesn't stop the others. If it does, we're screwed.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »

So! Got some possible fixes for the migrant bug. I'll try and test those tonight if I have time.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2018, 01:25:02 pm »

The fix worked! thank you DFHack. up to the proper 43 dorfs. Time to resume figuring out where they go.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2018, 03:32:43 pm »

(OOC: Writing out that acronym is waaaay too annoying. And not gonna bother with pictures because of reasons you'll see later/somewhat tired.)

Granite 17 Y36:

Well, everything had been going well, but then one of the damn prisoners started throwing a single-person riot, broke a mason's workshop and the wagon. Little bastard. Then he went and assaulted the Warden! And killed him! Shit. We're going to need to keep an eye on him for sure.

Granite 20 Y36:

I bet it was the elves. Those pointy eared, nature loving pricks must have told him something to start the riot as they came in to trade, trying to kill us before we've even properly begun. We'll show them for sure. I'll order the two soldiers we have to initiate Seize and Slaughter.

Slate 28 Y36:

Migrants, wonderful. More prisoners and their handlers. They'll be put to work quite quickly. Lots of them too. 25. We're up to quite a few prisoners, about half the fortress. Good. Gotta get us and them split up soon though, don't need a full blown riot.

Felsite 4 Y36:

Well. That's embarrassing. Turns out we missed the FIRST cavern layer entirely. Not the third one. Well, that messes with my plans somewhat...

Hematite 4 Y36: Spring has ended and the last couple days of it resulted in us finding a Lemonite vein. Dug that out, found casserite, lignite, and coal. Wonderful. Unfortunately, Ineth decided it was a good idea to throw a tantrum. I'm gonna put him into a corner if he does it again. As in far away from the compound, in a hidden corner of the map. Now I'll get the entertainment of watching two of those dirt caste, traitorous bastards beating on each other.

Hematite 6 Y36: Other dirt caste member died. Too bad, I was hoping the problem of Ineth would be solved by him. Time to dump that body in the corpse chamber.

Hematite 17 Y36: Work on clearing out where the walls will be going is going well, and just got word a kid's been possessed. No idea who they are, don't care. It'd just better be useful. But since he's got a craftsdwarf workshop, it won't be. I'm watching him grab a bunch of colbaltite.

Hematite 22 Y36: Yeah. It's useless. A blue rock bracelet. Peh. Not worth describing.

Hematite 23 Y36: Drew up plans for a circle fortress with the outer walls being as wide as the surface compound, gotta keep that trade path in the exact middle of it after all. Should also give us plenty of space to get the stone caste out of the sun. But I do need to figure out a way to get food down there quickly...

Malachite 4 Y36: Our hammer leader just went on a tantrum. Stood hammering the ground with her fists for a while, then threw a single, bruising punch at a dirt caste member before calming down. That's good.

Malachite 17 Y36: The hammer leader threw another tantrum I can se--- *ink is smeared across the page along with a few of what appear to be fist marks and blood on the page, as well as tears.*

*The prisoners escape now that the overseer is dead*
----------------

Hmm. Maybe I should try an evil overlord type deal next...? Or maybe Borg type thing? I do want to try the 'only military for defense' type challenge though. What do you guys think?

Also, which labor makes them haul corpses to the corpse stockpile? Or should I just make a ton of coffins and fill a room with them for the dirt caste so bodies are quickly cleared? I want just a single dorf to do it (possibly oldest male child too when the dad dies) to try and keep the bad thoughts to a minimum number of dorfs.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 09:45:26 pm »

Got an idea. Would a 3x3, 5x3 (either direction) or 5x5 surrounding a volcano be better for a Minas Tirith (Terith? Can't remember the spelling) style city? So each ring goes up in quality. Wooden outer walls/slums, stone a level in, then copper, bronze, silver, gold as they go in toward the volcano. Baddies have to go all the way through each ring to get to the next one in. Potentially also build an upside down city below ground, standing by the volcano's support.

Edit: Better idea! 80 dorf toll booth/highwayman fort. Outpost. Thing. Should be an interesting story fort. (Or alternatively, like, 30 at most, one full hammer, one full ax, and one full crossbow.... I like 30 better.) Generational fort thing, and build it across a mountain road. Then send out raiding parties to piss off the other peeps around us and see how long we can hold them off.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:34:57 pm by speciesunkn0wn »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 09:37:32 pm »

I'll use the 'play now' function in the same world as the Penal Camp, same civ too, to act as some prisoners that escaped. Any dorf that migrates in that's not Dirt Caste will be killed. (As will repeat names. Because can't have people finding out they've stolen the identity, right~?)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2018, 06:44:52 pm »

Quiiiick question! Should i go vanilla with the new version, or wait for the LNP?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Customs Agents 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2018, 08:51:32 am »

Some new rules have been added to the OP and we're going with vanilla 44.11.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Customs Agents 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2018, 12:45:47 pm »

Sounds good.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Customs Agents: Tradeblockade, 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2018, 04:27:06 pm »

Journal of Kikrost: First Granite, Year 125;

Our great Queen, Inod Birthglazes, has given me the honor of setting up a fortress to look over the goods of elves, humans, and... "friendly" goblins. Some dwarves say they're friendly, I say they're feeding the worse ones information about our defenses and that those dwarves are idiots. I've got good intuition, far better than them! I saw what happened to a nearby dwarven civ, a goblin merchant goes in and came out a few days later, then a week after goblins attack and raze the place! How else would that have happened if the goblin traders hadn't told them about the defenses?! And so, I say, anything that is not of dwarven make doesn't get anywhere NEAR any of our other fortresses if it passes through this place's gates. It'll be designed by me. So of course it'll be damn good. Just like my looks, and any of my kids' looks.
----------------------------------------------
Journal of Kikrost: Second Granite, Year 125;

I've got permission from the Queen to ask the Hammer and Ax Champions if I could use two of each of their recruits as guards and miners and wood cutters for the new 'quality checking' fortress. I was told I can as long as I figure out a proper name for the place. Definitely something to do with trading... I'm getting off track! Both the hammerdwarf and axdwarf recruits have some knowledge of mining, the hammerdwarves in particular. They've practiced on rocks more than once, smashing them into gravel. Their names are Etur Logemilun (Paintedhails), the male hammerdwarf. And Momuz Thunenlogem (Livingpaints), the female hammerdwarf. Thinking of calling them 'Rockers' because that's what they do. The axdwarves, or, I suppose, 'Choppers' are named Rakust Uzolgatiz (Oilyfondle), the male axdwarf. And Lolor Ralaban (Silveryconstruct), the female axdwarf.

Note to self: Keep an eye on Rakust. That name is suspect...

And then there's myself, Kikrost Asrersibrek (Appearedsalve), the mason and architect administrator. I think I'll call masons/stoneworkers/architects 'Stoners', so I'm the AdminStoner. We're still missing two others... I'll find them tomorrow. Not a long journey where we're going, and so I've got plenty of time.
-----------------------------------------------
Journal of Kikrost: Third Granite, Year 125;

Alright! I have successfully found our carpenter and our hunter today. Turns out one of the hospital interns was the carpenter who made my extra comfy bed. Amost Urrithustuth (Scarfenced), male carpenter/doctor. Wanted to do more with his life, so helping out with this en-devour was what he was looking for. Gonna call him our DoctorWooder, with Wooders being carpenters. And lastly, our hunter. Udib Sitalalath (Westbolts), female hunter. She'll be our Shooter and lead the marksdwarves when we get enough people for that. And enough people to fill the Hammerdwarf and Axedwarf squads. And because I want to see LOTS of families, we'll have to turn away the other migrants from the fortress. Only 40 of us to start, that'll be enough to defend us and the remaining ten can work what's needed with babies filling out the remainder of what we've got.

If you don't like that arrangement, you can leave!
-----------------------------------------------
Journal of Kikrost: Fifth Granite, Year 125;

The scouts for the place have come back. We're embarking in a place with no trees. So the Choppers won't be of much use early on, so gotta bring lots of wood for beds. 40 logs should be enough. As well as stone for bronze tools and armor, despite the reports of lots of hematite. We can use iron for steel and such when the troops are better trained. And if there's too much, we can make the walls have iron or bronze plating. That'll look awesome and intimidating. Since it's on a cliff as well, right where the road goes up the mountain, I can use the iron and bronze and whatever else we find to make the giant wall have an inscription of my face up the side of it. We'll also need to adjust the road a bit so it's not so steep. Honestly, from the sketch they made, I'm surprised wagons can even get pulled up that.
----------------------------------------------
Journal of Kikrost: 13th Granite, Year 125;

I have talked with the 6 others and we've settled on the name Tradeblockade for our fortress. And our group is The Merchants of Perfection. I think that's quite fitting. In other news, our supplies have been gathered, 5 picks, two copper axes, lots of booze, lots of plump helmet spawn and pigtail seeds (we'll need the cloth and thread), 40something logs, 10 copper bolts, a quiver, tin and copper ore, coal ore, a single thing of coke to get that started, and some paper for my journal. Oh, and a breeding pair of sheep and cats.
---------------------------------------------
Journal of Kikrost: 14th Granite, Year 125;

I'm writing this in the wagon as our Yak Cow and Two Humped Camel pull us to our destination. WE FORGOT TO BRING A CROSSBOW. Or rather, Udib forgot to tell me to bring one because her's has been rented every time she goes out to hunt. I can see our point up ahead. Very nice view. There's two rivers, one up on top of the cliff and one that's carved a small canyon down toward the bottom of the cliff. The road goes across the top one, then down to the bottom of the cliff before turning and missing the second river. This is gonna be such a magnificently big wall, absolutely worthy of my visage. I should get my room to be in line with the eyes of it so I can look out of them...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
------------------------------------------

OOC: Well, there's the first post. And here's our dorfs' psychology profiles! We shall probably see those slowly deteriorating over time...

Kikrost:

Rakust:

Etur:

Udib:

Lolor:

Momuz:

Amost:

Kinda tempted to make any butchered cats into tallow roasts and any butchered sheep into soap... Only those, or should we do any felines into roasts and any grazing animals into soap? Or the other way around?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:58:49 pm by speciesunkn0wn »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6