Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds always nonexistent in world gen...  (Read 1679 times)

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobolds always nonexistent in world gen...
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:54:10 am »

Not sure if it’s my parameters (which are always normal) but no matter the settings, kobolds are always either totally wiped out or in the hundreds for population. I searched the forum and didn’t see a topic on it. Anyone have the same problem? Well maybe not “problem” but outcome.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds always nonexistent in world gen...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 04:22:09 pm »

How many megabeasts do you usually have? I find that having over 200 generally eliminates kobolds from worldgen (I always assumed it had to do with the megabeasts taking up all the free caves, leaving few to none for kobolds to occupy).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:34 pm »

There's a way to up their numbers by decreasing max civs for everyone else in the raws, then advanced genning a world with many civs.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:47:58 pm »

Kobolds civs, or any other cave dwelling civ you make. only ever build one site, so a single megabeast attack can wipe out a civ pretty quickly.
Best way to keep them alive is, as Bumber said, balance the entity raws a little to make sure they have 10-20 times more civs than everyone else (involves reducing the max number of civs of everyone else rather than just upping the kobold number).

Letting them build towns or live in pits/forest retreats works too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:50:26 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:12:04 am »

Up the amount of caves, that usually seems to help them. There is often at least ONE kobold civ alive in large worldgens, too.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister