Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lockpicking and Security Thread: Raking and Entering  (Read 1876 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Lockpicking and Security Thread: Raking and Entering
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 05:40:21 am »

*looks up what totse is*

Oh..well knowing about lockpicking might be controversial but it isn't illigal by itself. And when practiced within the confines of your local laws it's nothing more than just another puzzle game :P

Speaking of laws, I can't find any reference of whether owning lockpicks is illigal in my area. I found a law about sellers needing a permit, but nothing about needing one to own. It also doesn't help that we don't have a dedicated word for them so the more descriptive term refers to anything that can be used for picking a lock whether it's a dedicated pick or just a screw driver >:(
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 05:48:20 am »

See if you can buy them online - sellers should be unlikely to ship to a region where it is prohibited without a permit, or whatever. You could also contact a locksmith and see if they know.

In Chinese, I found searching for "locksmith tools" was better than the word for "lockpick", which seems pretty uncommon. Don't know about your local language. Good luck!

If there is a machine shop you have access to, making picks isn't dreadfully hard, as far as I can tell. May be an option.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 06:10:28 am »

You could also contact a locksmith and see if they know.

That’s what I’ll probably do.. or I might even consult a lawyer I don’t know.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 08:43:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:58:04 am by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.
Pages: 1 [2]