Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories: The Reread The Civility Clause Thread  (Read 43555 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories:The Back In My Day Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:28 pm »

But Bruno is just not the poster child for oppressed science that he's sometimes painted as

But the perception was that he was, which is the real point.

Along with the treatment of Gallileo, it would make sense for people in the centuries after him to be circumspect in talking about that sort of stuff, especially since being burnt alive was still a thing that happened, in countries including Germany, and not yet consigned to history. Adam Weisshaupt and his generation didn't have smart-asses on the internet ( ;) ) to point out the fallacy in why Bruno was burnt.

And the Church themselves weren't exactly making the point that they only burnt Bruno for a subset of beliefs: they would have used such incidents to say "we burnt a heretic and all you heretics better watch out, or you're next". Sure, it's not likely that Adam Weisshaupt would have been burnt alive in 1776 in Germany for publicly speaking against the Church, but he couldn't have been sure about that, since, after all, the Church went through phases of both increased and decreased burnings and witch-hunts. You could only know that a certain nation in a certain period would be "safe" in hindsight. Remember, the Spanish Inquisition was still raging during the period, so Weisshaupt couldn't really be 100% sure such a thing wouldn't spread to Germany if more people started publicly speaking against Church teachings.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:55:35 pm by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2018, 03:58:02 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:46:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 19, 2018, 04:06:24 pm »

I have no idea what you're talking about there or whether it's a response to my statement or someone else's statement.

I'm inquiring about the cuban embassy thing,I've decided I'm going to go full subjective; since no objectivity can be achieved, and any attempt would just tilt the thing in an ugly direction.

Since that wasn't on the current page you probably should have linked/quoted or referenced it in more detail (by at least mentioning Cuba).

Looking over it, the general consensus however is that it's another example of mass hysteria / psychosomatic illness. Such things are actually quite common.

For example, a Slate article mentions a study in which groups were either exposed/not-exposed to infrasound.

“It’s very easy to manipulate people’s physical well-being through giving them expectations about sound,” says Keith Petrie, who researched the power of the mind in relation to wind turbine syndrome. When Petrie and colleagues exposed people to both infrasound and sham infrasound (silence), they found it wasn’t the sound itself, but their expectations—or what’s known as the nocebo effect—that produced adverse physiological reactions. Witnessing another person with symptoms can create an even stronger response, as can the perceived cause.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:43:11 pm by Reelya »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 19, 2018, 05:52:16 pm »

As of a couple years, ago, in my flat, I was targeted. This was due to the lunatic cult-I met a woman(who I shall not name) who was going through some grieving struggles over her former boyfriend. On the night her boyfriend passed away, many of her friends were in tears, so they came to me to ask for solace and help in getting through their time of loss. I gave them that. Come to find out, years later, the masons would use that night in some sick way to their advantage-to set me;and her up. Looking back on it now, it really should not have surprised me, but it is rare that at a young age a person would be able to come to the realization that the elders in the family essentially worship satan, or are categorically in what would be defined as a cult. On the other hand-they did kick me out of the house at an early age. That would have gave them a bunch of time to practice their beliefs in secret, and it did. So please, tell me in some vain way how my personal experiences here are invalid. Yes, when I came from the very same family and house that practiced satan and rebelled against it;was punished for it via being held hostage on numerous occassions, having the unborn child  of the woman who I cared for at the time(nevermind that my caring for that person was corrupted by the fact that it was socially engineered in the first place, and taken advantage of)ripped from her womb without pause or respect, I will simply be personally attacked for it and called 'schizophrenic'. That is what the cult does;and by extension, innocent civilians who have not had the time of day to see the intricate workings of such a monster simply dismiss and deny anything that is said as 'crazy-talk'. Then the Cicada People(I will not vindicate them by saying their full name, or referring to their crazy sect as they would have people refer to it as) take that and run with it.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you hooked up with somebody after their boyfriend died, they got pregnant, and your folks kicked you out of the house for that and convinced your friend to get an abortion.

Do you see how an outside observer might look at these events and see no reason to believe anything more extraordinary than that your parents took an extremely dim view of sexual activity outside of marriage, particularly since many Masons are members of a religion that frowns upon it? It is certainly more plausible that people are acting out of the beliefs they profess to hold rather than engineering an elaborate cover-up of their real beliefs, at least without any evidence that they act in a manner contrary to what they claim to believe.

Also, I fail to see how your experiences are related to the Cuban embassy ailments.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 20, 2018, 09:33:58 am »

This is your regular civility reminder. I haven't seen anything that crosses a line but I want to keep it that way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 20, 2018, 04:32:17 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:45:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 20, 2018, 05:08:49 pm »

I wonder if there are any other Freemasons here
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:41 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:45:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 21, 2018, 05:18:54 am »

I'm not a Mason but I know there's tons of them here in Missouri.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:08 am »

We have enough of them in Wichita to have a nursing home devoted to them that is one square city block in size.

I can't find any really good pictures of the place, here's an old vintage postcard...

but the place is super duper fancy, both inside and out.

Spoiler: image bomb (click to show/hide)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 21, 2018, 08:05:41 am »

That aerial photograph made me think of the "mystery farm house" in Potwin Kansas. There were several conspiracy sites dedicated to it:

"Aerial View of Mysterious Kansas Farmhouse Serving As Hub For Cyber-Attacks"

http://mysteriousfarmhouse.blogspot.com/
http://www.morganstanleygate.com/2013/10/victim-27-in-potwin-ks-farmhouse-cyber.html
http://darthmonkey2004.blogspot.com/2013/10/morganstanleygate-others-mysteriously.html

Thelma Hinnen Vogelman, Andy Nellans, James Arnold. Searches on Vogelman elude to this man having intimate knowledge of the Keystone pipeline project, which is a significant oil pipeline stemming from Alberta, Canada. Vogelman died in 1998, yet his name continues to be used... a prime account to land for an identity thief.

Thelma Hinnen Vogelman turns out to be an old lady, probably the deceased mother of the owner of the farm, also a Vogelman. The article comment are pretty amusing, and even after someone linked the writer to an article explaining the Maxmind IP mapping glitch, he was still adamant that some nefarious web stuff is going on at the farmhouse. After someone linked the right article and asked if he felt silly, the author's last comment was:

I do not feel silly. Regardless of the basic GEOtag info and the 80 (ish) mile radius... the fact remains that a registered Cox ISP backbone in this area was re-directing entire ISP Trunk lines of traffic... including mine. The fact that the farmhouse just so happened to be located at the center of the ISP service area is irrelevant. Someone, within this range, was (and continues to be) responsible.

Plus, the article said the people living there rent this place.  Why, I would ask, if someone was only renting, would they continue to stay through such a "technological terror"? Isn't it more likely they are being paid to stick it out and play the innocent?

First, how the fuck is there even "a registered Cox ISP backbone in this area" in the town of Potwin, Kansas (pop 450) that redirects entire ISP trunk lines of traffic, in different states? Potwin is about an hours drive from the nearest town of 13000 people. It's literally the middle of nowhere, and would be lucky to have basic dialup.

Second, "Isn't it more likely they are being paid to stick it out" is crazy conspiracy theory logic. The farmhouse had 600 million IP addresses accidentally attached to it by a random geolocation mapping glitch. It would be extremely improbable if the farmhouse just happened to also be a hub of real cyber-criminals.

https://splinternews.com/how-an-internet-mapping-glitch-turned-a-random-kansas-f-1793856052
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:37:49 am by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 21, 2018, 08:44:30 am »

Masons huh, I've only dabbled a bit in knapping myself, and while the sparks and scattershot blasts of debris are exciting I'm far happier working with wood and steel than stone, personally.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 21, 2018, 09:52:19 am »

Oh right the Stonecutters became the Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 21, 2018, 10:28:30 am »

I'd hate it if we austrasized somebody when they're vulnerable.
But can we austrasize somebody for horribly misspelling ostracise? :P
By exile to Australia?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2018, 10:30:57 am »

Oh right the Stonecutters became the Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers
*Civility clause*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37