Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories: The Reread The Civility Clause Thread  (Read 43591 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories: The Wake Up, Sheeple! Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2018, 02:25:16 pm »

Hanslada your thread has unveiled several truthers already and might yet unveil worse. I dont think I can forgive you
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2018, 02:38:17 pm »

Hanslada your thread has unveiled several truthers already and might yet unveil worse. I dont think I can forgive you

Forgiveness is for the weak. Understanding should be your goal. Acquisition of knowledge is the highest pursuit known to man. Understanding conspiracy theories may in fact provide you unforeseen nuggets of knowledge, regardless of whether you think they're batty as shit or not.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 02:40:13 pm »

Hans confirmed for undercover federal agent.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2018, 02:43:53 pm »

We're not or should not be simply dismissing them on a psychological basis. Dismissing them via physics knowledge and applied critical thinking is fine, if the math adds up. WTC7 is a bit odd IIRC. It was never struck by the planes. So that is suspicious.

WTC7 was also oddly built over a power substation and on fire on multiple floors for hours before its collapse, having experienced the tremors from the North and South Towers collapsing and been struck by considerable debris. So yes, it's odd, but it was an odd building to begin with.

I don't know jack shit about metallurgy or statics, I allready I admitted that, but the numbers are so staggering that I don't need to.

I'm very much afraid that you do, in order to understand the difference between static and dynamic loads and how a building can be built to resist the former but not the latter -- particularly when weakened by fire. Videogrammetry of the event, corroborated by seismic data from Palisades, suggests a range of times of collapse that in turn allow for speeds of collapse very close to free fall in air-- although not equal, as shown by the seismic records of debris striking the ground in advance of the top of the tower hitting the ground via the collapse. There was resistance, although it was as negligible as one would expect given the mass of the tower top. It didn't break at every link simultaneously, to use your expression; instead, each floor collapsed in sequence, albeit rapidly, as would be expected as they failed under the impact of many tons of debris.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018, 02:53:40 pm »

Hans confirmed for undercover federal agent. NAZI LIZARDMAN FROM VRIL
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018, 03:09:34 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:36:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 10:02:50 pm »

Taking the moon landing conspiracy theory to its logical conclusion...

THE MOON DOES NOT EXIST! IT IS A HOLOGRAM CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO HIDE THEIR SECRET ORBITAL MIND CONTROL RAY! THE TIDES ARE CREATED BY A MACHINE DEEP UNDER THE OCEAN! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 10:40:01 pm »

Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (what's up with the uppercases wikipedia, my favourite translator?).

It's capitalized like that because the actual name of the treaty is capitalized like that in official United Nations documents:
https://www.un.org/disarmament/wmd/nuclear/npt/

It's officialspeak, everything is capitalized unless they're words like of, and, the, in, or, etc. It's just standard capitalization for when a long term is the name of something.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:44:24 pm by Reelya »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 05:11:03 am »

Taking the moon landing conspiracy theory to its logical conclusion...

THE MOON DOES NOT EXIST! IT IS A HOLOGRAM CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO HIDE THEIR SECRET ORBITAL MIND CONTROL RAY! THE TIDES ARE CREATED BY A MACHINE DEEP UNDER THE OCEAN! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Ancient Aliens had an episode about how the moon could be an alien space station the other day. Not part of the moon. It's a hollow metal ball covered in basalt filled with the aliens who abduct people.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14:46 am »

But, have you ever noticed that when the moon's out and you keep driving, the moon never seems to get farther away? Clearly, it's following you. What more proof do you need? You're next.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 04:57:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Step up sheeple

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 06:15:23 pm »

consider:
teeth aren't real
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 06:44:12 pm »

N-no... That... That's not a conspiracy theory. It is certainly an absurd statement but we're talking about CTs.

Who here believes L.H.O. killed J.F.K. with no outside alphabetic acronyms assisting him?
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2018, 06:55:06 pm »

There was a guy in this forum who was utterly convinced he had a radio transmitter in his teeth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37