Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories: The Reread The Civility Clause Thread  (Read 43173 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories: The Reread The Civility Clause Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 01, 2018, 03:12:08 pm »

You can come up with endless possible reasons for things but without any evidence, and more importantly a falsifiable hypotheses, they are totally worthless. You might as well say the flying spaghetti monster an not aliens and it's no more false.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 01, 2018, 03:47:39 pm »

Maybe aliens are wading through an intergalactic ocean of red tape bureaucratic claims before they can invade legally.

So the aliens aren't American
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 02, 2018, 10:07:43 am »

When Polaris 8 sends its Greys, they're not sending their best.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 05, 2020, 08:25:07 am »

Thought I should revive this thread rather than post conspiracy related stuff in other threads.

The Man Who Thinks Penguins are Fake is good value for money. This is really peak Flat Earth. Penguins are robots and/or CGI hoaxery.

Good fun with Biden actually coming out and discussing QAnons.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2020, 08:24:42 am »

Yes please.

Glad someone is cutting down "Big Zoo" to size.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 07, 2020, 02:04:12 am »

I mean, penguins are birds, aren't they? The CIA probably got them with the rest.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:07:32 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 07, 2020, 02:29:52 am »

Makes more sense than hyperadvanced intelligent life traveling thousands of light years to rape people and murder cows.
I dunno. In a space society where ftl drives were owned by private individuals I could definitely see some ayy lmaos treating Earth like the cross between a formicarium and a brothel

And I would fly 400 light years and I would fly 400 more
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 08, 2020, 08:34:46 am »

The biggest flaw in the  aliens built the pyramids theory is that if the Egyptians had alien technology they'd have bragged about that shit on every flat surface available.  There are entire cultures and kingdoms we only know about because the Egyptians carved steles bragging about kicking their asses.

As far as why no aliens here goes, I like the Vernor Vinge take, where the galaxy is divided into zones of thought and we're in the part where FTL and AI don't work, to protect us from depredations of hyper-advanced aliens.  It neatly explains the Fermi paradox while leaving open the possibility of eventually ramscooping our way into the beyond and finding vast ancient cosmopolitan galaxy, complete with Space Usenet
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:44:25 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 08, 2020, 11:57:07 am »

I liked a point someone made that since usually only nonwhite cultures have their accomplishments credited to aliens, taking the claims at face value could imply that aliens are racist towards white people.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:31:08 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 08, 2020, 12:13:41 pm »

I liked a point someone made that since usually only nonwhite cultures have their accomplishments credited to aliens, taking the claims at face value could imply that aliens are racist towards whites people.

... Ok ok... But what if we're looking in the wrong place. Maybe the nonwhite alien past conspiracy theories are just part of a bigger more elaborate conspiracy.  Obviously the claim that aliens visited us thousands of years ago is ludicrous. They are visiting NOW and taking up leadership amidst the straight white male ruling class. Don't believe me? Fine. But come on, we've all suspected Elon Musk wasn't human at some time or another. And I'm talking BEFORE he even started putting sci-fi brain computers into pigs. Now the evidence is undeniable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 08, 2020, 12:29:09 pm »

It really is interesting how that Elon Musk stuff isn't getting picked up by an conspiracy theorist. I think the issue is that if they engage with an actual story that involves the actual limits of the technology then they can't then fit that into their broader conspiracy narrative, where the mind control tech is already being used.

One interesting one is the idea that deepfakes are a conspiracy. i.e. the idea is that any media stories worrying about the spread of deepfakes are in fact fake stories planted by the lizard cabal so that when the video of Hillary Clinton's jaw distending and her eating the face off of a child inevitably surfaces it'll be passed off as one of these so-called "deepfakes".
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:31:03 pm by Reelya »

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 09, 2020, 10:44:55 pm »

I guess good old Icke is still ahead of the curve with the very current threat of disguised reptoids. Isn't he on that covid is a hoax juice too? I know he was at anti lockdown protests recently

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 10, 2020, 01:28:21 am »

Looked it up because of the alien pyramids thing, but Erich von Daniken is still kicking it seems. Haven't heard anything about him in a long time.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 10, 2020, 06:17:29 am »

Double down man?
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 10, 2020, 08:04:15 am »

That's Giorgio Tsoukalos, Erich von Daniken wrote Chariots of the Gods, which got the whole shitshow started.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37