Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 7: PLANETARY BARRAGE  (Read 20284 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 1: First Assault
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 02:21:45 pm »

Just missing FOU, I think. And yeah, "unable to fuse" isn't a restriction I'll apply lightly. In truth, if it survives long enough for another organic ship to show up they may be compatible. Also please submit a sheet if you're reading this. I don't know what I'll do if a TPK happens with only one waitlister.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 02:36:30 pm »

Whelp, if that happens, my next ship's description is "Scraploota Chaos Titan, in Loot Hava'".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2018, 04:48:49 pm »

Use Augmentation Machine on the Edge Ship! Because everything's better with cat ears!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2018, 06:20:18 pm »

Use Augmentation Machine on the Edge Ship! Because everything's better with cat ears!

Edgy catpeople.
it's over

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 12:34:23 am »

you said a five word description, hopefully i can get in still
Rock, magma, armored, fast, Chomp
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 2: Dakka Retaliation
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 01:13:48 am »

The battle continues!

Initiatives:
E.P.A.S. AI: 7+3=10
Pilot Varkan: 6+2=8
Blorb Boy: 7+1=8
MIDNIGHT EDGEMAN: 4+2=6
Blackbeard: 4+2=6
DOOM CRUISER: 8-3=5
Captain Nico: 2

Close the distance and open fire on the stern of the doom cruiser with plasma, aiming to disable the Doom missiles by melting and welding the launcher ports shut! Use my scanner to locate them of course.
4+1: Your scans dom't narrow down the missile locations much, but you think you've found a few, and beam the info to your team.
2+1v8-3: The shot is effectively absorbed by the DOOM CRUISER's heat sinks.

After a rousing speech about hope, the fate of the galaxy and smoothies, Pilot Varkan slams a button! Full power!
POWER FIST the Doom Cruiser on a missile hardpoint if possible!
7+2v4-3: Your rousing speech has great affect, and you once more smash into the DOOM CRUISER!
1+3: Much of the armor in your area shatters completely! 250 damage.
8+3: Unfortunately, the DOOM MISSILE subsystem was largely unharmed by the attack. 
6+3: The spinning blades inflict 50 damage.

My gross ass space tumor is going to vomit acid on the DOOM CRUISER twice.
1, 5v7-3: You try to vomit acid twice at the DOOM CRUISER! The first shot fails to produce more than spittle, but the second connects.
7+3: The acid is largely deflected by the armor, but it still inflicts damage and weakens the ship somewhat. 75 damage.
5v2+3: You devour a few pieces, further weakening the structure. 100 damage.

-100 hp, +100 hp. Dodge -1.

RUSH UP AND LUNGE MY EDGY BLADE INTO THE COCKPIT
(Please bold your actions.)
8v5-3: You lunge with your sword into the bit that most looks like a cockpit to you!
3+3: The blade rips apart the area, but doesn't do anything of note other than damage. 220 damage.

KEEP BOARDING, ME HEARTIES! ALL CREW ON DECK! EVERYONE TO THE CRUISER! AND MORE HARPOOOOOOOOOONS!
(I'll assume you decided not to overdrive this turn, as you were asking nicely and didn't edit your post or anything.)
6v8-3, 6v5-3, 3v2-3, 1: You fire the boardimg cannon many times. Three shots land, but the final one causes a jam.
1+3, 3+3, 7+3: Two shots penetrate the armor, and your crew joins up. You now have 3 squads aboard the cruiser. 165 damage.
8v8-3, 8v8-3, 6v5-3: All the harpoons connect. You now are attatched with 6 harpoons.
2+3, 6+3, 1+3: 165 damage. +1 aim due to stability.

(Note: I thought I should clarify that you aren't literally launching one guy per shot. I sorta screwed up typing earlier. Also I added two more ammo because I fealt the weapon was too weak. )
Quote from: DOOM CRUISER
Begin operation.

Weapon ports all over the DOOM CRUISER open up, and a variety of machine guns show themselves. Looks like its firing two kinds! This won't be pleasant.

Medium Guns:
Targets: 24
Blackbeard x7
Varkan x5
Blorby x4
MIDNIGHT x5
E.P.A.S. AI x2
Nico x1

Almost a full third of the intitial barrage heads for Blackbeard! How will he fare?
4-2v7-2, 8-2v4-2, 8-2v8-2, 4-2v6-2, 4-2v5-2 1-2, 2-2: Thanks to some quick maneuvers, he is only hit by three shots, taking 75 damage!

Another sizable portion heads to Varkan!
1-2, 1-2, 5-2v2+3, 1-2, 3-2: Miraculously, most of the guns jam or misfire, and Varkan avoids the remaining shot!

The unshielded Blorby was a big target as well!
7-2v8+2, 7-2v1+2, 8-2v5+2, 5-2v2+2: One shot connects!
3-1: The space tumor takes 30 damage!

MIDNIGHT EDGEMAN was enough of an euesore to warrant 5 rounds rapid!
1-2v 2-2, 8-2v4+2, 4-2v8+2, 2-2
The edgy vehicle takes 25 damage!
(These guns kinda suck eh? Well, they are basically the weakest weapon the DOOM cruiser has available, so don't get too cozy.)

E.P.A.S. and Nico get two shots and one shot respectively.
3-2, 4-2v3+2, 7-2v6+1v They all miss.

Heavy Guns:
Targets: 24
Blackbeard x8
Varkan x2
Blorby x9
MIDNIGHT x5

The next assault is far more focused. Blackbeard is targeted by another 8 attacks, these ones being much stronger!
3-2, 6-2v5-2, 3-2, 8-2v5-2, 4-2v8-2, 4-2v3-2, 4-2v4-2, 3-2: Four connect! 
1+2, 6+2, 7+2, 1+2: They deal 150 damage!

3-2, 7-2v6+2: Varken easily dodges the two shots that were aimed at them.

Blorby will have to weather 9 heavy machine gun rounds! This could seriously hurt.
7-2v5+2, 5-2v8+2, 7-2v4+2, 6-2v7+2, 6-2v8+2, 3-2, 2-2, 7-2v3+2, 5-3v8+2: In a display of failure, this barrage only strikes a single glancing blow.
3+1: 20 damage.

All that's left is a 5 shot burst at MIDNIGHT EDGEMAN.
4-2v5+2, 3-2, 5-2v8+2, 2-2, 7-2v4+2: They're all expertly avoided.

With that, the barrage is over. The machine guns fold up and return to their hiding spots all over the ship's hull.

(Well, that was rather non-deadly.)

5: You approach the edge ship, and begin augmentation. It completes quicky without any fanfare. You manage to make the claws into a sort of edgy gauntlet, which will augment any katana swings by an extra 50 damage.

Boarding Squads: 1v4, 8v7, 2v1

A bunch of men are gunned down by internal defenses, but two and a half squads remain. They inflict a healthy 150 damage by ransacking the ship's inside.

1175 damage was dealt this turn, granting 25% SQUAD POWER CHARGE! Now you've got quite a few options open. The next attack occurs on turn 4, so prepare accordingly!

Players:
Spoiler: Glass (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yottawhat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 0cra_tr0per (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: THE DOOM CRUISER (click to show/hide)
Ranges:
Blackbeard: Close
E.P.A.S. AI: Mid
Pilot Varkan: Close
Captain Niko: Mid
Blorb Boy: Close
MIDNIGHT EDGYMAN: Mid
SQUAD POWER: 48%
Buffs and Debuffs:
DOOM CRUISER:
Boarded: Will take damage over time based on crew competence. Three squads on board.
Acid Shot: Shooting this area inflicts an extra 10% damage until the end of next turn.
Notes: Warlock, you're on the waitlist. It probably won't take long.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:22:41 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 02:10:06 am »

purchase an upgrade for 5℅ squad power. Scan for the heat sinks, and attempt to overload them with more plasma fire post-upgrading.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:12:30 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 03:01:12 am »

Only one level of upgrades on a ship per turn. I mean, you could still upgrade 3 ships I guess. But yeah, gotta change that command.
Edit: Triple fusion and one upgrade is possible. So is duo fusion and three upgrades. Gotta get some consensus here though. In retrospect, I should have considered contradictory power commands. Maybe voting will have to be a thing after all, even if in a pseudo state... Ah well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:16:35 am by Person »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 03:12:02 am »

"BLACKBEARD! MIDNIGHT EDGEMAN! LET'S COMBINE!"

Blast some heroic music, and COMBINE into the EDGY PIRATE MECHA SHIP OF AWESOMENESS for 40% Squad Power. (with their consent of course)
(and it will have a cat-ear radar as a bonus!)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:14:45 am by Nakéen »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 07:20:07 am »

Blast some heroic music, and COMBINE into the EDGY PIRATE MECHA SHIP OF AWESOMENESS for 40% Squad Power. (with their consent of course)

Sure.
it's over

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 08:19:02 am »

Sure.
HELL YES MATEYS!

Can we take other actions while combining?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 08:30:21 am »

I've been thinking a lot about fusion and decided that it occurs at the end of the turn now. Makes things a lot neater. Also probably more fun. So yes.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2018, 08:35:43 am »

:D

Edgecatpirate fusion: END OF TURN!
More harpoons, boarding pods, and ramming: RIGHT NOW, ME HEARTIES! GET TO WORK!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2018, 09:33:06 am »

action adjusted.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 11:17:44 am »

Just need FOU and Yottawhat this time. Technically 0cra could do something before fusion occurs, though I expect that'll be the sword. I'll auto that, assuming they don't post before the other two. Anyway, I'm preparing the fused sheet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8