Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 7: PLANETARY BARRAGE  (Read 19549 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 4: Reinforcements!
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2018, 11:58:37 am »

Jam the meatship directly into the stern section and start chomping/vomiting out the chomped material(x3).
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2018, 03:07:47 pm »

finish upgrading, melting the missile firing system, then scan for weakpoints.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:22:34 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 03:11:11 pm »

(Keep up the good work GM! Also, are the Katana-Claws still 100% charged?)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »

Waitlist me pls

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2018, 06:00:22 am »

>CONTINUE UNLOADING SPIKES INTO THE STERN OF THE DOOM CRUSER
it's over

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2018, 02:18:51 pm »

Katana-claw the DOOM CRUISER! If there is not enough charge, just PUNCH!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2018, 04:20:59 pm »

I probably should have notified Warlock that they were in. Will do so now, but will probably auto if they don't post soon.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2018, 04:52:14 pm »

fire eruption shot at the Doom cruiser's missile pods while closing the distance between me and the Doom cruiser
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 5: A stern fist!
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2018, 06:00:06 pm »

Something something battle.

Initiatives:
E.P.A.S. AI: 4+5=8
EDGECAT PIRATE MECHA SHIP: 8+4=12
Captain Nico: 5+1=6
Captain [REDACTED]: 5+1=6
Blorb Boy: 5+1=6
Darkwarlock3: 4+0=4
DOOM CRUISER: 2-3=-1

finish upgrading, melting the missile firing system, then scan for weakpoints.
-5%: The final wave of upgrades arrives, and you are all but certain that your systems are operating at 100% efficiency.

7+4v1-3, Armor 2+3: The plasma bolt fries more of the missile firing system for 250 damage. A few more good attacks at the stern should finish the system off.

7+4: Your scans reveal that the fore is probably the part that has taken the most punishment so far. It also reveals a number of weak points on the stern which will soon be relevant, as well as two more weapon systems. These ones look a lot more threatening than almost anything yet revealed. You beam the data to your teammates.

>CONTINUE UNLOADING SPIKES INTO THE STERN OF THE DOOM CRUSER
(Please bold your actions. Also all your abilities started off cooldown, which I probably should have told you. The cooldown isn't actually how long you'll have to wait to use them the first time.)
3+3v4-3, 2+3v4-3, 5+3v8-3, 7+3v4-3, 3+3v4-3, 7+3v8-3, Armor 5+3, 8+3, 4+3, 1+3, 5+3, 5+3: The edgy guns fire off yet another painful barrage, dealing 300 damage.

First off, let's get a pit crew on the S.S. Necrozma.
Second: FIRE EVERYTHING! EVERYWHERE! ALL THE TIME!

Also, will we get more boarding pods when the pit crew arrives?
(Yes. I mostly just didn't list the boarding system because you were out of ammo. In retrospect, that whole "fire the pilot" thing was a dumb idea that I've basically deleted.)
7+3v3-3, 7+3v2-3, 5+3v5-3, Armor 6+3, 6+3, 6+3: The harpoons fly! They embed into the DOOM CRUISER, dealing 150 damage.

-20%: A few small ships enter the battlefield and surround the fused ship to begin their work. Since they don't need to repair the hull, they finish easily and leave as quickly as they arrived. A bunch of pirates managed to hitch a ride aboard the resupplying fleet, and eagerly jump into their pods.

Katana-claw the DOOM CRUISER! If there is not enough charge, just PUNCH!
(I believe there's been a bit of confusion. The PUNCH is the move that requires charge and is stronger. Using the claws boosts the charge, not depletes it.)
Pilot Varkan recognizes that the charge meter is full, and unleashes the full power of the POWERFISTS!

6+3v5-3, Armor 5+3: The collosal arms lunge out one after the other, causing a great distortion in the fabric of space. Before they even strike the hull of the DOOM CRUISER, the force of the swing has already propagated forward. Softened by an immense shockwave, the DOOM CRUISER's stern is smashed to smithereens by a devasating one-two PUNCH! The entire DOOM MISSILES module has been destroyed, causing a chain reaction within the DOOM CRUISER! The continuous explosions propagate through what little remains of the stern, blowing the DOOM ARMAGEDDON MODULE to pieces! Unfortunately, nuclear missiles don't explode when damaged, so no further chaos is caused. All this punching mayhem causes 1500 damage in total. Attacking the stern won't give a damage bonus anymore. It also seems unlikely that any modules remain there, so it may be time to pick a new target area.

The spinning blades strike, dealing 150 damage.

Use the Augmentation Machine on Agent [REDACTED]'s ship!
5: You do so. This ship has a rather unusual design, but you manage to find a place to place the augmented parts.

Spoiler: 914 materials (click to show/hide)
Activate overdrive with super meter, then put the rifle into the 914 replica on very fine.
(The use limit is basically a materials limit, yes. I see no issue with your starting supplies, so lets get started.)
Luck ?(Hidden): After a bit of waiting, the device spits out another rifle. You don't see many outward differences, but it looks like ammo isn't necessary. It might be a bad idea to fire this while inside the ship.

Jam the meatship directly into the stern section and start chomping/vomiting out the chomped material(x3).
You devour the stern, though not much of it is left. 150 damage. Your gasous propulsion deals another 50 damage.
1-1v3-3, 1-1v8-3, 6-1v5-3, Armor 8+3: Despite many attempts to vomit, the projectiles only tear at your insides. You do manage to fire a single blob of acid, but it scatters into the vacuum of space, dealing little damage when it finally manages to impact the DOOM CRUISER. -250 health. +100 health. -50 max health. Your ship is nearly completely melted by stomach acid, but the regeneration kicks in and allows you to survive. Seems that had consequences to your ship's durability though.

fire eruption shot at the Doom cruiser's missile pods while closing the distance between me and the Doom cruiser

6+1v2-3, 4+1v1-3, 6+1v5-3, Armor 1+3, 4+3, 3+3: The molten rock flies through space, and the barrage covers some of the DOOM CRUISER's fore in molten rock. 150 damage.

1v3, 5v5: The squads move out! Many are mowed down by internal machine guns, but the damage is done. 100 of it, to be precise.

2800 damage was dealt this turn! A whopping 57% SQUAD POWER CHARGE has been added!

Players:

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yottawhat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darkwarlock3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: THE DOOM CRUISER (click to show/hide)
Ranges:
Blackbeard, Varkan, MIDNIGHT: Close
E.P.A.S. AI: Mid
Captain Niko: Mid
Blorb Boy: Close
Agent [REDACTED]: Far
Darkwarlock3: Close

SQUAD POWER: 93%
Buffs and Debuffs:
DOOM CRUISER:
Boarded: Will take damage over time based on crew competence. 1 squad on board.
Heated up: Slight increase to damage caused by hot attacks.

Notes: I forgot about the spinning blades last turn, so I had them attack twice. Also I may have made the pit crew too powerful. Fusion too but eh. The prices of some powers have been altered slightly. Also the space booze has worn off. If you want to use more, you'll need to chug some more down. 

Waitlist me pls
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn it man. Well, I've got an idea for that, oddly enough. Heh, looks like the blob ship will have a fusion candidate if it lives through the next turn.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:03:46 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2018, 06:10:55 pm »

I tear into the doom cruiser by using the magma chomper
I don't have anyone I can fuse with I think?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2018, 06:23:28 pm »

See if I can manage to get my newly enhanced weapon over to the pirates to use on board the cruiser and get a bit of space booze(to modify) for my trouble. Also scan the Cruiser with my new radar.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2018, 06:31:07 pm »

FIRE ALL HARPOONS AND BOARDING PODS AT WHATEVER SEEMS EASIEST TO GET THROUGH!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:51:29 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2018, 07:23:23 pm »

Fuse with the Experimental Plasma and Scanner Corvette... if the pilot wants to? Otherwise, move to close range and attack the DOOM CRUISER with my claws!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2018, 09:00:26 pm »

Reject fusion with cat-ship, citing the combination to be "low damage". Request fusion with SCP Carrier or Magma Chomper. Attempt to pinpoint realilty-disrupting weapon locations, aka the partical beams and dimension ripper module. begin assailing said weapons with plasma .
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2018, 09:02:52 pm »

permission granted for fusion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8