Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 7: PLANETARY BARRAGE  (Read 19540 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 5: A stern fist!
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2018, 09:51:15 pm »

If our fused ship seems too strong, feel free to blast us to smithereens :p

Look death in the eyes, and Katana Claw the front of the DOOM CRUISER!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2018, 03:49:06 pm »

Pop the Meat Ship, barfing up my remaining tissue at the DOOMSHIP.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2018, 04:09:57 pm »

FIRE ALL HARPOONS AND BOARDING PODS AT WHATEVER SEEMS EASIEST TO GET THROUGH!
You might want to hold off on that(or at least hold off on firing everything), I'm gonna try to send an experimental super gun your way for one of your boarding parties to use.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2018, 04:51:14 pm »

Ah, ok. I’ll cancel the boarders.
Harpoons are still and always go, though.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2018, 07:59:33 pm »

>Have a boarding squad of Edgelord Marines attack the cruiser while the ship provides edgegun fire support to the stern.
it's over

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2018, 08:31:25 pm »

A. They're pirates.
B. They're mine.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 6: First to Fall
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2018, 10:03:18 pm »

This is gonna be a good one. 

Initiatives:
E.P.A.S. AI: 7+6=13
Captain Nico: 7+1=8
Darkwarlock3: 7+0=7
DOOM CRUISER: 8-3=5 (Oh wow the DOOM CRUISER didn't go last this time. That ought to be fun.)
Captain [REDACTED]: 4+1=5
EDGECAT PIRATE MECHA SHIP: 1+4=5
Blorb Boy: 2+1=3

Reject fusion with cat-ship, citing the combination to be "low damage". Request fusion with SCP Carrier or Magma Chomper. Attempt to pinpoint reality-disrupting weapon locations, aka the particle beams and dimension ripper module. begin assailing said weapons with plasma.
(Decided that fusion does need permission, since it is an especially important decision with long term consequences for all involved. .)
2+4: The dimension ripper module is located very close to the ship's core in the middle of the keel. It seems rather difficult to get at.

8+4v6-3, 3+6: You fly over there anyway, and take a shot at the area which deals 210 damage.

Fuse with the Experimental Plasma and Scanner Corvette... if the pilot wants to? Otherwise, move to close range and attack the DOOM CRUISER with my claws!
7+3: Your claws rip and tear at the fore of the ship for 75 damage.

I tear into the doom cruiser by using the magma chomper
Permission granted for fusion.
8+3: You tear into the DOOM CRUISER using the magma chomper. However, the armor is highly reinforced! You only chomp away 150 damage. However, the DOOM CRUISER seems to be heating up at least.

Quote from: DOOM CRUISER
Let's actually shoot back at these guys please? They're making a laughing stock of us.
At last, the DOOM CRUISER has finally had enough. This endless punishment won't be tolerated any further. The DOOM CRUISER retreats, flying far back so that it has clear shots on every target it has chosen. Four ports open up on the ship's fore, revealing the DOOM PARTICLE BEAMS that were previously discovered. Each of them fires 3 carefully aimed shots into the void, but who are their targets!

Oh no! 8 of them are headed toward the EDGECAT PIRATE MECHA SHIP! Will the pilots be able to avoid this assault?

4+4v5+2, 1+4v1+2, 1+4v4+2, 7+4v4+2, 4+4v8+2, 7+4v1+2, 3+4v4+2, 5+4v5+2, Armor 6+2, 6+2, 6+2, 1+2, 8+2, 6+2, 2+2: The deadly accurate assault almost connects completely. The relativistic particles bypass the shields completely, dealing 650 damage!

7+4v1+5, Armor 6+1, 4+4v7-6, Armor 4+3: E.P.A.S. AI and Captain Nico also take a particle a piece for 100 damage each.

7+4v3-1, 2+4v7-1 Armor 5+2, 4+2: Finally, Warlock is hit by the remaining two particles. Luckily once was a glancing blow, so they take only 150 damage from them. The magma in their hull then hardens, fixing 25 points of damage.
(For the record, this was still a random result. I didn't deliberately take your advice.)

FIRE ALL HARPOONS AT WHATEVER SEEMS EASIEST TO GET THROUGH!
5+2v7-3, 6+2v7-3, 5+2v7-3, Armor 1+3, 3+3, 7+3: The harpoons penetrate the fore for a clean 150 damage. Most of the harpoons that were in the stern have driften into space upon that area's destruction. Maybe you could do something interesting by reeling them all in at the right time.

Look death in the eyes, and Katana Claw the front of the DOOM CRUISER!
7+3, 6+3: The katana claws sweep across the fore, ripping away 550 damage worth of hull. The internals may soon be revealed.

>Have a boarding squad of Edgelord Marines attack the cruiser while the ship provides edgegun fire support to the stern.
(As stated, you don't control the boarding guns.)
8+2v5-3, 2+2v2-3, 7+2v5-3, 1, Armor 5+3, 8+3, 3+3: The first gun connects with three shots for a total of 120 damage, but the second gun jams! You'll need to clear it.

The spinning blades deal 75 damage.

See if I can manage to get my newly enhanced weapon over to the pirates to use on board the cruiser and get a bit of space booze(to modify) for my trouble. Also scan the Cruiser with my new radar.

You temporarily connect to Captain blackbeards part of the fused ship via docking port, and hand over the newly powered up gun. While there, you snatch a bottle of space booze in exchange.

6+3: Your new scanners shows the team more accurately where the DOOM PARTICLE BEAM system is located, as well as the power source therof. It also discovers another subsystem. This one looks potentially irritating.

Pop the Meat Ship, barfing up my remaining tissue at the DOOMSHIP.
3+3: You rip at the DOOM CRUISER one last time for 150 damage, then unload everything you have.

3-1v4-3v, 6-1v3-3, 4-1v1-3, Armor 8+3, 2+3, 1+3: The glorious acid spray covers the fore of the evil warship, dealing 150 damage. Your ship pops, and explodes in a cloud of flaming toxic gas for another 100 damage. As the first hero to die in defense of THE PLANET, your sacrifice will not be forgotten. A moment of silence for Blorb Boy.

Squad action 8v6: The pirates inflict 200 damage to the DOOM CRUISER's internals. Finally, another round of fusion shall commence.

-20% 61: Finally, the fusion between E.P.A.S. AI and Darkwarlock3 begins! The two glow with an awesome power and slowly begin to merge! Once the glow reaches a crescendo it bursts, revealing an entirely new ship!

With the death of Blorb Boy, another arrival has appeared! From beyond the sands of time, it's George Washington himself, first president of the United States of America! He rides a classic car into space, boggling the minds everyone present. Looks like he's here to stop the DOOM CRUISER anyway, so fight on! King Zultan, get in here and control your vehicle!

1930 damage was dealt this turn! 39% SQUAD POWER CHARGE has been added! The meter has been OVERCHARGED to 112%! I'll only allow this once, so don't let it exceed 100% again!

Players:

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: THE DOOM CRUISER (click to show/hide)
Ranges:
Blackbeard, Varkan, MIDNIGHT: Close to fore
E.P.A.S. AI, Darkwarlock3: Mid below keel
Captain Niko: Close to fore
Agent [REDACTED]: Close to fore
George Washington: Far

SQUAD POWER: 112%
Buffs and Debuffs:
DOOM CRUISER:
Boarded: Will take damage over time based on crew competence. 1 squad on board.
Heated up: Moderate increase to damage caused by hot attacks.
Acid Shot: Fore coated in acid. This area takes an extra 20% damage for one turn.

Notes: That took longer than it should have. Well, next turn won't have an attack from the DOOM CRUISER, so it shouldn't be so difficult.
Edit: There, I'm done. By the way, I'll need more waitlisters soon enough. Feel free to join back into the fight Yottawhat.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:03:30 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2018, 10:43:08 pm »

FIRE THE HARPOOOOOONS, USE THE CAT-EARS TO FIND OPENINGS, AND THEN SHOOT BOARDING PODS AT THEM! [I'll shoot ones with people with rifles in them later, FB.]
ALSO, RUM/BOOZE.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2018, 11:13:51 pm »

What's next is fairly obvious. PLANETARY BOMBARDMENT! EAT IT!

Then use the claws again.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2018, 04:27:51 am »

Drive up closer to the Doom Cruiser and fire the hood mounted guns and the roof rifle at the closest looking weak point.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2018, 06:07:27 am »

>Shoot the fore using edge guns before grabbing an upgrade.
it's over

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2018, 06:57:56 am »

open fire with the plasma-magma gun on the keel, continuing to try and tunnel through the thick hull to the dimensional  ripper module, it can't be allowed to remain. Scan for other systems that we might be able to hit along the way to soften up the cruiser further.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2018, 09:14:25 am »

fire a Molten Plasma Missile at where we are going to chomp into
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2018, 12:15:26 pm »

Name: Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Description: Superior Healing-Interstellar Purveyance

Waitlist, here I come!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2018, 12:29:00 pm »

Name: Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Description: Superior Healing-Interstellar Purveyance-INATOR!

Waitlist, here I come!
ftfy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8