Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 7: PLANETARY BARRAGE  (Read 19541 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 6: First to Fall
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2018, 12:45:50 pm »

Actually, no. You see, it's a reference to the Buoyancy Operated-Aquatic Transport (BO-AT) which noticably does not have an -inator at the end of the name.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2018, 12:48:30 pm »

Is that... A Phineas and Pherb reference? Seriously? Are we going to find out the doom cruiser is now piloted by a platypus?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2018, 12:59:41 pm »

Seriously? Are we going to find out the doom cruiser is now piloted by a platypus?
Sigged.

Also, Blackbeard, can you send squads wearing edgy armored trenchcoats with katanas and edgy assault rifles with underbarrel edgepoon grapeshot skeleton key shotguns?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:04:27 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2018, 01:03:18 pm »

we all know that platypus are excellent pilots
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2018, 01:12:28 pm »

It's spelled Ferb.

Hmmm. Remember that Star Wars crossover episode? Are we going to find out that we're defending Aalderan?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2018, 01:14:51 pm »

Also, Blackbeard, can you send squads wearing edgy armored trenchcoats with katanas and edgy assault rifles with underbarrel edgepoon grapeshot skeleton key shotguns?
What, ninja pirates? Are ye daft?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2018, 06:47:12 pm »

"Hull at 35% of its full integrity! Which means there is only one sensible thing to do:"

Tear open a path with the KATANA CLAWS by following the Edge Guns' wake!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM CRUISER 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 7: PLANETARY BARRAGE
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2018, 10:01:26 pm »

Was without internet for a fair bit again. Still, at least this didn't take a whole week. Will try to raise my standards a bit more. I don't have an action from Failbird, but I'll just auto them this one time. Firing the fission cannon at the acid soaked weak spot sort of seems like a no brainer.

Initiatives:
EDGECAT PIRATE MECHA SHIP: 7+3=10
EPM-SC: 4+4=8
Captain Nico: 7+1=8
George Washington: 4+2=6
Captain [REDACTED]: 4+1=5
DOOM CRUISER: 6-3=3

>Shoot the fore using edge guns before grabbing an upgrade.
2: One of the edgeguns is still jammed! You don't manage to clear it yet.
6+2v3-3, 2+2v3-3, 3+2v6-3, Armor 8+3, 7+3, 4+3: The spiky exploding projectiles break open hull of the DOOM CRUISER for 120 damage. After, you finally clear the jam. The upgrade happens.

"Hull at 35% of its full integrity! Which means there is only one sensible thing to do:"
Tear open a path with the KATANA CLAWS by following the Edge Guns' wake!
7+4, 8+3: The KATANA CLAWS tear at the stern of the DOOM CRUISER, devastating it for 650 damage. The Ship Ram is now fully charged!

FIRE THE HARPOOOOOONS, USE THE CAT-EARS TO FIND OPENINGS, AND THEN SHOOT BOARDING PODS AT THEM! [I'll shoot ones with people with rifles in them later, FB.] ALSO, RUM/BOOZE.
(It was just the one rifle. Not multiple. It is a really good one though.)
You down a bottle of booze. That's the stuff. No one else partakes.
3+4: You scan the cruiser, trying to detect any place you could shoot your pods. A few weak spots creates by previous attacks reveal themselves to you, and you open fire! (Armor temporarily reduced by 2 for you.)

3+4v7-3+4v4-3,4+4v8-3 Armor 4+1, 8+1, 1+1: The boarding pods soar toward the doom cruiser, and smash through the weakened defenses! All the men unload and join the remaining squad from before. 150 damage.

Fire a Molten Plasma Missile at where we are going to chomp into

4+4v7-3, Armor 8+3: The missile is unleashed, and sails into the DOOM CRUISER's keel for 230 damage. Things are really heating up over there now.

Open fire with the plasma-magma gun on the keel, continuing to try and tunnel through the thick hull to the dimensional ripper module, it can't be allowed to remain. Scan for other systems that we might be able to hit along the way to soften up the cruiser further.

2+4: You scan the cruiser to see if there are any other nearby modules. It actually finds something interesting nearby.

2+4v4-3, Armor 5+3: The plasma-magma gun fires off at the keel, searing yet more of the armor of that section of the ship. 250 damage. The heat is near maximum!

What's next is fairly obvious. PLANETARY BOMBARDMENT! EAT IT! Then use the claws again.
-100%: The nations of the PLANET get together and coordinate a launch of ALL their missiles. Every single one. All aimed at the DOOM CRUISER. They're now traveling through the solar system, enroaching on the target that menaces the people of THE PLANET. They'll arrive at the end of the turn.

7+3: Afterwards, you fly back in and swing your claws for 100 damage.

Drive up closer to the Doom Cruiser and fire the hood mounted guns and the roof rifle at the closest looking weak point.
(Sometimes I wonder why I bother showing the aim/dodge rolls. The DOOM CRUISER has only ever dodged like three times. Should I stop? I do definitely like the thing I did by putting Armor rolls on the same line at least. That was a long time coming.)

7+2v8-3, 5+2v8-3, 2+2v5-3 Armor 8+3, 8+3, 7+3: You drive through the void of space, mounted guns at the ready. You're not sure you see any particularly weak spots, but firing at the acid soaked stern seems a good idea. This deals 50 damage.

2+2v3-3 Armor 1+3: You follow up with the roof rifle! It penetrates the stern for 120 damage!

Quote from: Failbird105(Auto)
Fire the cannon at the weak spot for massive damage!

4+3v7-3: Your crew finally finishes writing up all the forms they need to authorize firing the anomalous cannon you technically are supposed to just transport. At your behest, the cannon unleashes a truly devastating projectile at the DOOM CRUISER's stern. The area is atomized by the power of nuclear fission to an absurd degree, taking 650 damage! The cannon will be fully reloaded at the start of turn 10.

Squad action: 3v2, 6v8, 7v1, 1v1: A few men are killed on arrival, but the squads annihilate many of the internal systems of the DOOM CRUISER! 800 damage. The acid is now gone.

Finally, the PLANETARY BARRAGE arrives! The DOOM CRUISER reacts to the huge threat by acting out of turn, firing countless varieties of weapon to try and shoot down the incoming missiles. Though they are largely successful, there's simply too many missiles to shoot down! Countless atomic explosions erupt all over the DOOM CRUISER's hull! A veritable storm of metal and other materials flies off of the DOOM CRUISER, filling the battlefield with an extreme amount of debris. 5000 damage dealt.

A mysterious automatic system is engaged within the DOOM CRUISER, and a powerful signal is sent out. Who knows what that was for? Furthermore, an auto-repair system appears to have been engaged. A great many drones exit the DOOM CRUISER, trying to put it back together! Don't let that happen!

3020 damage was dealt by players this turn! 61% SQUAD POWER CHARGE has been added!

Players:

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: THE DOOM CRUISER (click to show/hide)
Ranges:
Blackbeard, Varkan, MIDNIGHT: Close to fore
E.P.A.S. AI, Darkwarlock3: Close below keel
Captain Niko: Close to fore
Agent [REDACTED]: Close to fore
George Washington: Close to fore.

SQUAD POWER: 68%
Buffs and Debuffs:
DOOM CRUISER:
Repair Drone Fleet: Numbers 12 drones. Each requires 100 damage to destroy, and will repair the DOOM CRUISER's hull by 100 points per turn by salvaging nearby scrap metal.
Boarded: Will take damage over time based on crew competence. 4 squads on board.
Heated up: Large increase to damage caused by hot attacks to the stern and keel.

Notes: We're entering last stand territory here now. Best of luck to you all. Also that "probably 500 hull per turn" thing on the repair drones was severely out of date and I'm a little embarrassed I let it slip through into the final turn data. That'll be corrected. At any rate, you're able to outpace the new value even if none of them are destroyed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:04:18 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2018, 03:27:34 am »

Fire the hood mounted guns and the roof gun again and then fire a missile at a cluster of repair drones and get an upgrade.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2018, 07:51:38 am »

>Ask Agent Redacted if he wants to fuse with us.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:19:04 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2018, 08:59:21 am »

Let's get two AI Assist ships, preferably ones with high attacks and aims, even if they lack good defense and dodge. If they can damage multiple enemies with one attack, even better.
Now, scan for where the drones are, harpoon nearby drones, and send more boarders to the DOOOOOOM CRUUUUUZER!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2018, 02:31:22 pm »

Let's get two AI Assist ships, preferably ones with high attacks and aims, even if they lack good defense and dodge. If they can damage multiple enemies with one attack, even better.
Now, scan for where the drones are, harpoon nearby drones, and send more boarders to the DOOOOOOM CRUUUUUZER!

One, we don't get to pick what they send. Two, it can only be used once per turn.
continue using blasts of molten plasma-magma to burn through the EMP Generator on the way to the dimension ripper module.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »

>Ask Agent Redacted if he wants to fuse with us.
Request denied under protocol ███-█-██ - Agent [REDACTED]

Call in an overdrive, then put the toy robot through 914 on "Very Fine", it's a real risk, but it could be very worth it if it works out. Meanwhile, turn on the point defense, see if I can't use it to take out some of those enemy drones.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:46:45 pm by Failbird105 »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2018, 05:11:16 pm »

fire a molten plasma missile where the co pilot of our ship is fireing at and then following after the missile and chomp into the EMP generator
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8