Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Twilight Cults: Keepers of The Dark Thread  (Read 1315 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Cults: Keepers of The Dark Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 04:54:03 pm »

Quote from: So someone remember to do that
Dustan's plan:(3) Dustan Hache, drg, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 07:31:32 pm »

The plan has been updated to focus more on the excavation and less on the convoy. votes still remain the same.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 04:44:13 am »

The Collector woke with a start, panting heavily under the waning half-moon showing through his window. his mind was reeling after the latest nightmare in a series that had seemed to plague him since a week before he formed the Keepers. of a sinister voice and a ever-shifting monster that craved to enter the world.

“serve us” it said. “Bring us their their flesh and feed us their souls, and we will grant you power beyond that of an emperor.” Tendrils brushed faintly against his arm, as if to draw him further into the endless void that he saw before him.”You know it is inevitable. The ancient swimmers wake again, we can see their dreams. you will serve us, willingly or otherwise, now that they are here.”

The following morning, he was gone. All of his belongings swiftly packed, save for a collection of unfinished letters, rambling about how “It haunts his shadows” and that “Blood will quench it’s endless hunger for now, be it my own or that of another.” His modest home in South city sold off and picked clean shortly after, leaving no trace to follow him on whatever undertaking he had started.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:47:29 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 09:12:10 am »

I have joined this team. I will write later. These things interest me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 09:17:59 am »

I would join but I already posted PTW on both sides and still can’t decide which team I want to join yet

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 11:33:07 pm »

Turn 2 Research Phase, Waxing Gibbous

The day was like any other day, or at least, it seemed as such. The sun rose, a deep brilliant red splashed across the horizon and refracting through the choppy waters of the Grey Bay. The water shone red, dark and restless, a shifting omen of the danger to come.

As dawn turned into morning, this sign disappeared. Whether any of the nightstalkers had risen in time to behold its warning, it is difficult to decipher. Today was the day to depart on the expedition. Over the last week, members of your organization had been in close contact with Mortimer. Busy words of funds and payment discussed over cigar ash and squeaky floorboards in the gentleman’s manor.  Servants scurried to and fro as your smooth talkers danced circles around the eccentric academic. In that time you had discovered the location of the expedition, an Arkia cenobium of some sort. While the details were obscured in the enthusiastic babble of a scholar with little people skills, riddled with jargon and blurred together by a man schooled in the written word only, the main points had become quite clear. Five of your men would serve as guards and laborers on this venture, netting you $20,000 in funds for the successful completion of this expedition. After a bit of schmoozing and bargaining, your agent was able to secure half payment now, totalling in $10,000 as an advanced payment for taking on the contract. With check in hand, the departure date was set.

Now the day has arrived. The ship is to depart from the Melting Pot docks this afternoon. As is a particular tradition, the group prepared for their departure with the near superstitious ritual of eating at Big Papa’s Pizzeria in the Melting Pot. Big Papa originally caught the attention of the Keepers when it was suspected his pizza had a supernatural component. It was quickly discovered that restaurant was built atop a ley line, making it a natural hotbed of magical activity. This fact seemed entirely lost on Big Papa however.

Today however was different. As the gang of Keepers enjoyed their Jalapeno Papa Pizza, the sound of screeching tires making a hard left alerted them. As the black SUV skidded to a stop, a window was punched out. Before the volley of submachine gun fire could pepper the storefront, Maliek Flightfoot flipped the heavy oaken table, sending pizza flying through the air. This was not the first time the joint had been shot up, and Big Papa had the foresight to invest in some very sturdy tables.

Following the initial volley, a second round of gunfire was exchanged between your Keepers and what has discovered to be The Jade Dragon gang members. The Dragons move in and one is shot down by one of your rifles as they break for the building. By this time civilians were fleeing the premise and Big Papa himself had grabbed a shotgun from under the register.

The firefight grows even more deadly in close combat. Your training has served you well here, being the difference between life and death several times during the fight. Big Papa's shotgun didn't hurt either. For the first few rounds you seemed to be winning, but a lucky shot from one of the gangsters seriously injured one of your acolytes! On the other hand, two of the gangsters had fallen, but the remaining three had eroded your position to the point that you were forced to take Big Papa and your injured acolyte out the back door.

By the end of this, you were forced to delay the expedition. Mortimer was fuming about the lack of professionalism over the telephone as your acolyte was bleeding profusely in an alley. The expedition will now depart next waxing gibbous, much to Mortimer’s chigrin.

Across town, at the East Docks, information gathering is going much more smoothly. Your nightwalker spent more than a few days staking out the docks, using binoculars they observed several of the armored trucks arriving from the south. Several refrigerated tanks, about 4 or 5 feet tall each, were loaded into the armored vehicles. About a week later, another shipment arrived, noticeably from the same ship. A strict schedule was followed in each case, from the ship arriving to the armored trucks leaving, it all took place in exactly 50 minutes. The tanks themselves displayed a strange logo, a red D in an elegant font was painted on the side of each tank. By the third week, it was clear that the shipments were being sent to a warehouse in South City.

Not only was one of your acolytes injured in the fire fight, but another, the one who struck by a strange affliction, falls deeper into the throes of madness. They babble about a woman, clad in violet, and singing trill of an ethereal tone. As time goes on, they begin to fade from reality, with each day becoming less and less lucid, making less and less sense. After a week, their affliction turns physical. Their lips turn violet, as do their glazed eyes, and patches of skin.

One of  your acolytes has been injured. Seek medical help to cure them or risk a deadly infection.

One of your acolytes has been cursed. Seek spiritual assistance before they are lost forever.

Gained Mortimer Contract and $10,000 in cash.

Spoiler: Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 06:49:15 am »

Criminal rehubitation requtiment
It seems that we were too optimistic with our assesments of how many people we would need to ensure succses and our current recutment methods don't stand up for the task, this slums are filled with criminals but those are hard to completely trust nor come cheaply, but there is another group in the place that could supply with large number, those that donn't want to be criminals anymore.

The plan is simple, we would create a front of a small and new unoffilited religius organisation offering redamption and support to the downtrodded in the area with help of getting a honoruble proffasion which allow them to use skills and knowladge they gained in their criminal life by being guards and ithers depending on their history, make sure to have people come to us to avoid conflict with groups in the area.

Quote from: Votes
Criminal rehubitation requtiment:(1) Rockeater
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 07:22:42 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 07:02:29 pm »

seems good
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 [2]