Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: The Gaian Regime Empire Thread | Terrans | GalactiRace  (Read 44191 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
The Gaian Regime Empire Thread | Terrans | GalactiRace
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:43:20 pm »

Core Thread

Discord

For the moment, you are in a state of Tabula Rasa. The only defined fact about your empire is that you exist, everything beyond that is as yet to be determined. Before designs begin, you need to make three important choices that will last until the end of the game.

1. You must choose the Species of your Empire.
2. You must choose the name of your Empire.
3. You should choose the name of your Homeworld. Your Homeworld is located at Lima.

Spoiler: Galactic Map (click to show/hide)

Don't feel too bound by the political fluff at the end of each race description, it's entirely possible that, for you, it's incorrect. Your race could have taken a different path, and the only real things that matter are your physiology and mechanical bonuses.

Up until you make a post in this thread, you may view the other team threads freely. If you want to switch after that point, shoot me a PM and we'll see.

Spoiler: Racial Options (click to show/hide)

One particular point that I would like to reinforce. You are not bound to realistic technology, and what species you pick does not have to have any bearing on your technology. Maybe the aliens that nearly killed-off humanity had kick-ass bioship technology that the humans reverse-engineered and repurposed. Maybe the Morrigi got so fed up with their ancestor's reliance on technology that they ended up relying on forgotten Gods and eldritch energy instead. Maybe the Tarka got really into focusing their Ki during martial exercises and now rely on space mecha that jujitsu enemy ships to death. Maybe the Hivers got cut of from the main hive and rely on cybernetics and advanced robotics to maintain a queenless Ronin culture. Maybe, in a truly bizarre twist, the Liir got a bit more militaristic than usual after their imprisonment and end up being the ones with railguns and power armor.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, do not all be conventional. Be distinct from one another, be bold, be daring. Take from your favorite fictions, whether they be Heinlein Sci-Fi or Lovecraftian horror. Take from anything that makes you fascinated, or filled with awe at the possibilities. Blend science and fancy, reality and fiction, and create something interesting. I will probably hammer this point again when we begin the design phase.

While we're here...

Event 1: Who are you?
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs;
Upon the slimy sea

Where did you come from? Where do you see yourself going? How do you wish to end? These questions can be asked of men, but they can also be asked of Empires. Your empire is motherless and fatherless, and any who would lift a finger to aid you are either too far away, have gratefully forgotten you, or are dead. Whether you have pulled yourselves up to the stars from humble beginnings, or are a fallen colony from a once mighty empire, you are at the precipice of a new beginning.

How did you come to this new beginning, and what sacrifices did you have to make along the way? What are your strengths and your glories, what are the landmarks you've writ large upon your world, and what are the beliefs that drive your people? What are the mistakes that your cultures have made on their rise to the stars, what are the horrors lurking within your histories, and what are the great fears that will scourge you to claim the stars at any price?

Along with the great questions, you should also share with me bits and pieces of daily life and routine. Stories that aren't grand, but that still define you. Show me who you are. Be interesting, be different, and write yourself a good canvass to work from in the future.

The empire with the most interesting, thought-provoking, and unique entries will get to have 10 dice per turn for one turn beyond the 7 introduction years. After the race and name of each empire has been decided, you may begin posting submissions into the core thread. You can have as many submissions from as many people as you like, but submissions should be mutually consistent with one another, each submission must be made into the core thread to be considered, and each MUST carry the Empire's name as a header.

Your Tech Sheet
Here

Your Empire Planner
Here

2.0 Version Here
Login: TerranTeam
Password: BIsForB0reH0le
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:36:13 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Empire 3 Thread | GalactiRace
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:59:56 pm »

I guess I'm on this team.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:34:16 pm »

-snip-

Waffles kicked me out. :(

EDIT:

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuumans suck

they really really suck

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumans suck

you really really suck

stupid gaian fuckers
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:48:54 am by evictedSaint »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:47:49 pm »

Nonsense!
This thread is claimed for the TERRANS!

...homeworld and planet name incoming, but TERRANS!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:49:32 pm »

Nonsense!

Edit: Alright, Empire 1 will be Hivers.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 01:59:52 pm »

I’mma ask Draig to switch to Empire 3 since we’re Terran in here, cuz I have a Terran idea I was fond of. I have been displaced by eS moving to Empire 1 >:v

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 02:02:11 pm »

Nonsense!

Sounds good to me. So are we the United Space Nations or the Regime of Gaia?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:03:26 pm »

Alright I’m clear to move in. I had a more... unique idea. Copied from the Empire 1 thread;

Race: Terran
Name: Stellar Racers' Society
Homeworld Name: Recommencement

This is perhaps a little silly, and as instructed I won't pop out an actual entry yet, but this was an idea I liked, in the general outline of it:
Combination of corporations and smaller companies and non-business recreational organizations form an increasingly large organization to go fuck off over to other solar systems and push their ships to the limits in exploration and racing. Bunch of adrenaline junkies but with a genuine drive for peaceful exploration too, while they're there.

They all go out on a particularly large expedition/racing tournament, and then when they come back earth is destroyed OH SHIT

so they grab a few survivors in orbit, get their hands on some colonization tech courtesy of one of the corporations and, highly shaken, leave elsewhere -- and, at the same time as they're trying to figure out how the fuck to form a government out of a bunch of corporations, apocalypse survivors, and adrenaline junkie racers, they begin colonization of that planet -- and I guess that they could then start the game near to the latter end of the colonization process

also, of course, in our designs we could go FAST

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 02:04:51 pm »

I guess I'll settle here

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:31 pm »

Also, a nice part about the SRS is that since they’re still settling down, still figuring themselves out in relation to each other,  and are still driven by the panic of OH JESUS FUCK THE EARTH GOT WRECKED it would be an idea that could easily be molded by the course of the game.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:09:19 pm by Powder Miner »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 02:46:15 pm »

I vote for either Terrans  or Tarkans.

I also want our empire to be a card-carrying evil empire. All the other arms race nations have been too pleasant.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 02:55:13 pm »

But why be evil when you can be fast a wholly unique concept?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 02:59:36 pm »

Because sometimes something familiar and simple is a nice break from the endless parade of uniqueness.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »

That seems like a huge waste to me when we’re explictly being given all of this space to work with and being encouraged to use it well.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 03:03:53 pm »

Just because it's not utterly unique does not mean we can't be interesting and thought provoking.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37