Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Star Shards (IC)  (Read 3158 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star Shards (IC)
« on: May 21, 2018, 01:12:23 am »

Your fall to the earth has left you weakened, but injured if only due to the power you carried. Now little of that remains. Luckily, it is day now. Or at least as close as this planet gets to day. Gaseous nebulas drift through the atmosphere, casting dim swirling shadows of color and darkness across the world in the same way that clouds occasionally cast shadows on the surface of lit planets. It is immediately clear you are not alone here, bioluminescent life can be seen in some form or another. It seems completely devoid of  the divine power that composes  your body and fuels your miracles. Little else seems able to survive the harsh nights of this world, including yourself.

You awaken partially submerged in water. A small river runs across your shimmering holy feet. The water is crystal clear and the rocks are a smooth light grey. Little grey creatures swim in the crystal clear pools and murky eddies. Bent and torn mushroom stalks the size and thickness of saplings, but with wide caps, litter the area. You're covered in spore dust, likely a result of your (abrupt) landing. They are a light blue, perhaps sky blue or Robin's egg, hard to tell in the swirling gloom. Out in front of you is a small star shard. Its energy dormant, but it's power there. You reach out and touch it for a moment and a fountain of glittering sprismatic light shoots upwards and then descends in a circle a fair distance from you. The light feels warm and safe, but you quickly retract your power so as to conserve your energy for the long night ahead. Looking around you see several survivors: Noone, Orthos, Illiane, Ta Korat, D'jann, X’arilyg, and It That Reveals. Perhaps others will be discovered later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Shards (IC)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:15:56 am »

X’arilyg with its One Great Eye, sees across the lands and see that it’s not develop and lacks things with their own consciousness, and can believe in things, associate..., and value... X’airlyg has been on many dimensions and this new one, intrigues the entity in newfound ways it hasn’t discovered yet.

With the extension and extrusion of a magical mist from X’arilyg, eye-body, the mist forms and warps into a medium to smallish shape of an avian creature it is the Purple Ibis, a avian creature with mild flight, a long down-curved bill, and darkened purple feathers of the night sky that gives it a mild reflection to it. The smallish birds are omnivorous, and their beaks have barbed edges around them that they utilize to grab and snatch the little grey creatures for sustenance, and have an improved oxygen lungs with a priority of filtration, where they can filter the spore dust and breathe through it. They are a tough and cunning species and are one of the first new creatures brought by the Gods.

X’arilyg creates the Purple Ibis for the brave new world

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 02:50:40 am »

Feathered Orthos ssslowly slithered up Its shard counter-clockwise and contemplated his surroundingsss. What a ssstrange, godlesss and yet god-filled world this wasss! And the looming thhhreat of a night darker even than the day? There was much to be done and fassst. However, none of the godsss' powers alone addered up to enough create helpers immediately. Hopefully the other godsss, lucky sssurviperssss would be amenable to cooperation.

"Fffellow godsss, we have little power and great need of light to last thhhe LONG DARK. May we sssuggessst pooling our efffortsss to create helpersss? Fffor it is written, 'Now is better than never,' and the LONG DARK fassst approachesss. I will cccertainly contribute my fffair share to their creative pursuitsss, asp isss my wont."

Orthos suggests creating a mortal race of some sort to help build secure lodgings to defend against the creatures of the night. Orthos is willing to contribute 4 points now or a total of 6 points over the course of two cycles to see to this project's completion. Feeling somewhat uninspired, Orthos inspects the spore dust covering his feathers, scales, and star shard.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:17:50 am »

Ta Korat of obsidian rose in a sound of shattering glass and walked on its four legs with heavy steps. Hot and dry air exhaling from his mouth, he said:
"Danger looms in the lightless unknown. The loner falls and is forgotten. On cooperation, I can agree. Prudence before creation."

Ta Korat is willing to cooperate for the greater good, but believes studying this unknown place before expending too much power would be wiser.
Ta Korat kills one of the little creatures and devour it. Then does the same for a mushroom stalk. Does it seem edible for a non God?

Ta Korat
Power 8

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:24:11 am »

No one, the blank god, looked around them. Nearly all they saw was darkness.
This was unsatisfactory.

No one creates Fireflies (you know what these are); they give off much more light than it seems their small bodies should be able to.

Power stores: 5
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:41:58 am »

The pool of shimmering metal that made up the goddess Illiane began to rise, her substance twisting and shifting until it formed the image of a slender humanoid. As her mouth formed she smiled and turned towards Orthos,
"Cooperation would be a good start." Her voice was sing song and almost musical "I will help in creating our servants."

Illiane offers 4 points of her own power into creating this new race and will offer more depending on how it progresses.

Power Store:4
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:50:28 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 01:16:09 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 01:55:33 pm »

It That Reveals slowly lifted itself up from the wet, gentle streams of foggy essence dripping from Its lucid, ever-shifting form. Lazily, It shifted back and forth to take in the sprawling opportunity that lay in the inky vastness of this world. Now, if only It could see what lied beyond the spores...

Slowly, the essence surrounding It began to pool in the flowing waters, enveloping some of the grey creatures, pushing and molding their forms into a more... useful manner. Their bodies shifted and strengthened to provide the ability to swim for days on end, their internal systems to provide sustenance from the ever-present spores, and most importantly a mind that could perfectly record everything they saw, for later extraction.

It That Reveals creates the Seekers, turning some of the small grey creatures into organic video recorders!

Power: 5
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:33:28 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »

D'jann considers the situation... This virtually formless Sun Carrier appears to be little more than a blank slate. Offering no useful insight to the pressing situation, it nonetheless makes a contribution. It infuses the star shard with some of its power, causing it to shine with a radiant pink light. To stand by and protect the star is the one sacred duty of the god D'jann, and it intends to fulfill it.

"░░░░░░░░░░"

D'jann powers the Star Shard - 2 power.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 05:59:26 pm »

No One nods toward Kansa and Orthos.
I'll give 4 of my own Power for the mortals. I worry as to what might happen if any of us were to run out, however.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:07:05 pm by Glass »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 08:47:17 pm »

Orthos increases Its pledge by 3 points and records the list of contributors to the mortal-creation project:
  • Orthos: 7
  • Kansa: 4
  • No One: 4
The 15 point price having been paid, Orthos, Kansa, and No One presumably manage to create helpers of some sort, perhaps based on existing creatures

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 08:53:14 pm »

Suggestion: glowing humanoids with feathery wings, metallic skin, and innate knowledge of tool usage and creation.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:57:14 pm by Glass »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 09:09:23 pm »

Suggestion: glowing humanoids with feathery wings, metallic skin, and innate knowledge of tool usage and creation.
+1 unless another suggestion comes up

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:32 pm »

I'll lend my support to that, though I would like to add that they are also very emotional and passionate.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:56 pm »

I'll lend my support to that, though I would like to add that they are also very emotional and passionate.
Fair enough.
Pages: [1] 2