Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 50293 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 2/25]
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2017, 11:05:21 pm »

Grandpa o_o
Also I really love how you draw people, Hugo. ^ ^ That style feels so unique to me and meshes well with the characters.
...Also that paperclip is stuck through the folder. :P

Check behind the picture/around the folder for what seems to be a passcode for "Dr. Norte's door"
Failing that, check the first door!

Now that I recall where we found that, I really wonder whose...arm we have in our inventory. (Maybe it works with DNA scans :P)
+1
+1, remember to look on back of paper and folder.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:21 am »

Grandpa o_o
Also I really love how you draw people, Hugo. ^ ^ That style feels so unique to me and meshes well with the characters.
...Also that paperclip is stuck through the folder. :P

Check behind the picture/around the folder for what seems to be a passcode for "Dr. Norte's door"

Now that I recall where we found that, I really wonder whose...arm we have in our inventory. (Maybe it works with DNA scans :P)
+1
+1, Remember to look on back of paper/photo.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2017, 01:10:19 pm »

(This is just shameful. I've had the art for this update done for 4 months now, but I was stuck on the writing. This should have been posted long ago and I am very upset with myself)

Wait...

This is...

Is that...

How can...

That... that looks like... him?

You can barely form a coherent thought, there are just too many questions racing through your brain right now. In fact, it takes several seconds to realize your mouth is hanging open, and your left hand is twitching.

+1
+1, Remember to look on back of paper/photo.

However, perhaps the voices are right. It's time to get ahold of your emotions and surprise and turn your investigative faculties to the matter at hand. There could be some answers to this new conundrum close at hand.

You turn over the baffling photo to check for clues. No such luck, but you do uncover the last paragraph. You move on to the next items

Well, that's disappointing. But what was that other suggestion?

You suppose that might be a possibility. But where would you scan such a thing? It looks like the locks are, respectively, a card reader and a keypad.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2017, 12:12:45 am »

(I fear my consistency, or lack thereof, has killed anyone's interest in this. And yet I have invested a lot of work into the story, and so I shall continue as long as I am able.)

Quote from: Dermonster
[X] Check the numpad for wear and tear on the keys!

You take the old method of looking for the most worn keys.

There doesn't seem to be much wear on them at all, but something is scratched into the "3" key.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:51:57 pm by HugoLuman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2017, 12:47:21 am »

(I fear my consistency, or lack thereof, has killed anyone's interest in this. And yet I have invested a lot of work into the story, and so I shall continue as long as I am able.)
I was reading back, honestly :P Also the folks posting there are Bay12ers.

So no overworrying! :P When you put the work in, we shovel the supports.

Check what's with that "3" key; counter-check with all documents and files you have (rifle through your inventory) and see if there's anything you can do to open those doors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2017, 02:05:50 am »

I was reading back, honestly :P Also the folks posting there are Bay12ers.

So no overworrying! :P When you put the work in, we shovel the supports.

Check what's with that "3" key; counter-check with all documents and files you have (rifle through your inventory) and see if there's anything you can do to open those doors.

(Note: I would like players to cross-check things themselves, as one of the points of this game is to give people puzzles to solve. As GM, I already know the solutions to any puzzle, and so it defeats the point if I were to have Noir use actions like that :P )

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2017, 06:41:43 am »

(Note: I would like players to cross-check things themselves, as one of the points of this game is to give people puzzles to solve. As GM, I already know the solutions to any puzzle, and so it defeats the point if I were to have Noir use actions like that :P )
Yep :3 I've been keeping track of all them symbols, but I can't seem to connect them very well.

Let's get back to these doors for later. Check Dr. Southerly's door, and head back the hall (and do the other path), if this hall only has those two doors and the other end of this hallway is a wall.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2018, 02:33:03 am »

I would like very much to continue this, but for a long time now my illustrator program has been quite unstable. Hopefully there's still interest, and perhaps I can migrate my files to a different computer.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]