Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wolf's Garden | 4/4 | [Sci-Fi] [Topless Bulgarian Engineering Fiction]  (Read 2616 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf's Garden | 4/4 | [Sci-Fi] [Going Topless]
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 12:56:32 am »

((WHoops))
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf's Garden | 4/4 | [Sci-Fi] [Going Topless]
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2019, 06:17:01 pm »

Shrug and assist Radomir with building the shade.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf's Garden | 4/4 | [Sci-Fi] [Topless Bulgarian Engineering Fiction]
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 07:35:53 pm »

Turn 3

Dread - Dgr
I look to see if I can rig up a tool to assist with scavenging food, out of whatever I can find or scavenge, that no one else is using

[2] Badlands suck. Everything that Edward hasn't already salvaged is markedly inhospitable. The vegetation is covered in thorns, the ground is mostly barren, and everything you do pick up has the alarming tendency to fall apart.  For all your foraging efforts, you're only rewarded with a couple palm-sized chunks of flat sandstone. It's a fragile rock, but it might be useful for something.

A couple rocks

Spoiler: Dart - (Dgr11897) (click to show/hide)

??? - Tric
She taps her throat, then points in to the crash site before looking for material to make a sleigh inside it.

[5] The crash site has been picked fairly clean by the other members of the team, and there just isn't that much left that a small girl can grab that nobody else has already gotten hold of- particularly for something as significant as a sleigh. Still, your own inspection of the pods isn't without some benefit. Your fingers are significantly smaller than Edward's, and you're able to reach around the corners and into tight places much more easily.

A little bit of fiddling, and you're able to release the padded backs of the stasis pod, exposing the raw metal behind. While this only actually yields a couple of mismatched foam pads, it does expose a rather interesting panel. Its a replaceable section about twelve inches wide and eight inches tall, positioned directly behind the back pad so that the center of the plate would align with your heart and spine. On its face, in military stencil characters, is written the following.

FAILSAFE SHAPED CHARGE
ID: 228A-9886
THIS END TOWARDS SUBJECT

While you don't see a way to free it from the main of the pod, it's a bit disconcerting. A bit more fiddling with the padding that cradled your head reveals a second, similar plate that was lined up with your brain. The same pair of explosive plates is repeated across all four pods- although your head plate is a bit misaligned, as though an engineer tried to angle it to compensate for your height and then gave up partway through.

Whoever put you in the pods also kept a reserve method on hand to spear both your heart and brain with directed explosions.

(If you want some foam pads, you can take those as well, but I don't see them as being particularly useful unless you had a plan already.)

Spoiler: ??? - (TricMagic) (click to show/hide)

Radomir Vasilinev Assisted by Edward Saylor

Radomir attempts to create a square sun-shield by putting the two neosteel rails in a cross and attaching the plastic to the corners and center of these rails, ideally by tying but possibly poking the rails through the plastic if necessary.

[8, Assist 8] Through much glistening flexing, careful application of engineering thinking, and some helpful pointers from Edward to keep you on track when you begin to wonder whether you can bend the neosteel bars into better shapes by beating them against the stasis pods, you come up with something remarkable.

Though it isn't immediately clear how, and your brain refuses to simultaneously comprehend all facets of the structure you and Edward have created, you have managed to combine the two neosteel bars and the plastic sheet into a sunshade capable of sheltering the party. Said sunshade can be carried by a single strong individual or be two individuals working in tandem. More remarkably, the design doesn't involve tearing the plastic in the slightest, and can be anchored in the ground by its two bars to form a rudimentary static shelter that doesn't tip or collapse easily.

It's a distinctly implausible construct that seems to work more off the power of teamwork than any known law of physics or principle of engineering.

Implausibly Good Sunshade

The party seems to be ready to travel North. Confirm?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:38:06 pm by The Adversary »
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2019, 07:47:53 pm »

Confirmed,
"I'll go on ahead to scout for resources"
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 07:51:22 pm »

Gather any wires, a piece of metal from somewhere, and the foam. Head out to see.. They somehow made something useful... Huh..

Wires can be used to magnetize the metal to a compass, which should prove useful if I can make a water dish somehow. Can turn the foam into a makeshift pillow.

Following
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:14:16 am by TricMagic »

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2019, 08:09:42 pm »

Confirm. Remain under the sunshade and help Radomir carry it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2019, 12:26:59 am »

Radomir found himself briefly surprised by how well the thing he had created seemed to work -- he could even stand it up. That astonishment soon faded into a satisfied grin, though. He knew they could do it! And this thing really was awesome, considering that it was made from a grand total of three pieces, and he had, uh, somehow not torn it. Whatever, less thinking, more moving!
Hefting the sunshade, he began to speak. "Ah, if only my coworkers could see me now. We did a great job! Now, we're golden -- let's go!"
Confirm movement -- Radomir will hold the sunshade along with Edward.
Pages: 1 2 [3]