Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods (Godgame) [Waiting Room]  (Read 16027 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods (Godgame) [Waiting Room]
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2018, 12:05:15 am »

"Thank you, Ema. Eris was starting to get too anxious." "Sorry about that! I was just nervous, I should have probably stayed silent! I'm sorry if I was bothering you!" "Don't apologize all the time. It makes you look weak." "...R-right!"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2018, 12:07:42 am »

By the way, I’d like to make note of the fact that, despite the status of Tes when the gods left, I’ve been told of the use of such things as robotic soldiers there. Not golems, though those were there too, robots. Don’t feel constrained to “medieval”-type backgrounds and such, they had science and tech, alongside their magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2018, 12:31:59 am »

"I still like the more "Traditional" backgrounds, if you haven't noticed." "...Yeah. Golems are more cool than robots and androids."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2018, 04:10:14 am »

"I made a pretty important update to the rules. It's about Destruction, Battles and Deplacement."

Quote from: Plane System
------Deplacement------
"You may only move between Planes once per Cycle. And as transplanar deplacement isn't immediate, you won't be able to escape spiky situations by crossing planes!"

edit: "I also added some more info about classes."

Quote from: Great Ones
+ Can sire demigods
+ Can choose a specialization: Creation or Destruction
+ Stronger in the Divine Plane
= Realm in the Divine Plane
- Weaker in the Other Plane

Quote from: Other Ones
+ Innate eldritchness and reality warping
+ Stronger in the Other Plane
+ Realm in the Other Plane
= One specialization: Alteration
- Unable to sire demigods (they are infertile in short)
- Weaker in the Mortal Plane

Quote from: Ascended Ones
+ Get a bonus to [Manual Labor]
+ Stronger in the Mortal Plane
+ Can move their Realm to the Mortal Plane
= Can sire mortals
= Realm in the Divine Plane
- Weaker in the Other Plane
- No specialization
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:14:24 am by Nakéen »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2018, 07:19:00 am »

"Ouch! But I like the Mortal Plane! I sure hope this doesn't prevent me from interacting with those adorable mortals!" "At least we become stronger in our personal Realm. Talking about our Realm, you should probably clean your room before we start getting visitors." "It's a work in progress! I swear I'm going to do it later!"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2018, 07:40:57 am »

"I grow bored of waiting. When will I be allowed to intervene in this dull and orderly world, bring about just a little change?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2018, 08:11:34 am »

"Did you just call Ema dull? Rude! How dare you!" "He's right in everything else, though. I know you feel exactly the same." "Yes, I'm also impatient and also want to bring change! but I don't go calling creations boring and uninteresting, be they sentient universes or shiny rocks! I mean, look at him! He's literally just a floating hole!" "Eris, stop. We don't want to make enemies yet. It's not the time to get angry over simple wording. He probably was talking about the planet, not the whole universe. If he thought Ema was dull, he wouldn't be waiting here with us." "Hmpf!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2018, 08:22:54 am »

I have an RTD if you're bored...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2018, 08:53:01 am »

"I did not call Ema dull, I called the world inside of ema dull. I mean really, they named the first planet they made "Dirt". That is by far one of the most boring names I have heard in my existence across two planes of existence, and observation of hundreds more."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2018, 09:09:32 am »

"At least is better than "Earth"! It's a nice place, but the naming convention is trash!" "I agree, Dirt is an uncreative name. Also, I think we should introduce ourselves." "I'm Eris! And this is my sister and BFF Discordia!" "Greetings. What is your name?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2018, 09:25:24 am »

"At least is better than "Earth"! It's a nice place, but the naming convention is trash!" "I agree, Dirt is an uncreative name. Also, I think we should introduce ourselves." "I'm Eris! And this is my sister and BFF Discordia!" "Greetings. What is your name?"
"Inanis Dominus. A pleasure to meet you both. Do you know of a nasty god of chaos, named Veeki?
 He and I have had interesting times whilee I was dealing with other business. Tried to sic an entire pantheon on me, at one point."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2018, 11:32:15 am »

"My Latin is a little bit rusty! Care to help me on this one, sister?" "Inanis: Vacuous, vainglorious, hollow or void. Dominus: Landlord or master. I suspect the correct translation would probably be "Master of the Void". With that title, vainglorious would also be a valid translation." "About that "Veeki", I have never heard of that god before! I would probably love to meet him, though! He sounds like a cool guy!"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:18 pm »

"Very close. Hollow is closer in the case of my name. I would also ask that you be careful about what you say, lest They hear us. Don't want to destroy this beautiful universe so quickly, do we?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 12:12:07 pm »

"I would also ask that you be careful about what you say, lest They hear us. Don't want to destroy this beautiful universe so quickly, do we?"
...eh, 什么? Who's "they", and what the hell would/could/etc. “they” possibly do here?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2018, 12:40:46 pm »

"Tear our host and her universe apart, along with everyone and everything in it, including Us. I would rather not die and have my soul forced into a third body, friend."
"Speaking of that, why do you think that living weapon known as a Decimarch is there? It's not just to deal with us if we get unruly. It's several magnitudes stronger than we are."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17