Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods  (Read 37735 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 07:55:29 pm »

Gasnareth Imrep writes up his OWN prophecy; The Destroying Angels will search the void for many a time, finding nigh nothing and fighting just as much, until finally they are struck down by far greater forces then they could hope match.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 07:57:44 pm »

Oh.... That is ah.... Why would you do this?
"For fun! So much fun!"

It isn't you. Some Other Ones don't appreciate chickens, I guess. If you want to make a mushroom-fighting monster, be my guest.
"Oooh okay. Hm let me think on that make up some ideas..."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2018, 07:58:09 pm »

I don't appreciate the chickens! Let us work together on this world for now!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2018, 08:00:43 pm »

"That's a good point we can't have living mortals without a good world for them to live in after all! I might see what I can do!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 08:33:21 pm »

Yes please focus on the planet on hand. You can make these "chickens" however you wish after things become established. Speaking of things what is everyone thinking about populating this rock with after the creatures and plants or whatever is dropped in?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 08:35:12 pm »

Since you mention it, would any of you Ascended Ones care to bear a demigod or two?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 08:58:00 pm »

"What no I'm much too young to have kids I'm only a few hundred years old gaaaah!"

"I think I can help with the planet though. I've got a whole lot of power and nothing I really care to use it on so how about I make the first continent with my Greater Act sounds great okay thanks I'll get right to it!"

1 Greater Act: Lifestealer hawks up a glowing hairball that tangles itself with the fabric of reality, expands into a massive ball of rock, then impacts the newly formed planet as an absurdly large meteor impact. This isn't large enough to break the planet, but does create a shockwave powerful enough to create a ring shaped continent around the impact site through uplift.

"Phew that was a lot of power I've never used a Greater Act before that was so cool! Hope the continent helps maybe one of you guys can fill the gap in the middle with water and make it like a doughnut continent with water in the middle!"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:04:48 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 09:14:53 pm »

Since you mention it, would any of you Ascended Ones care to bear a demigod or two?
"Mpaïsmapa is no Ascended One, but mudghost calves intrigue It all the same."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 10:10:25 pm »

Hawking a hairball. Not elegant nor clean but effective.

As for the question of making demigods I would rather focus our efforts to making a world even worth the feet of such gifted individuals.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »

lets focus on creating what needs to be created hands his essences to Ma'Rook to help make the sun
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2018, 01:10:51 am »

"Mpaïsmapa is no Ascended One, but mudghost calves intrigue It all the same."
I would not turn down such an offer, but we should ask Ema whether she wants more fully divine beings running around inside her first, yes?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2018, 01:37:14 am »

Ema: a Story of Gods
(OOC)

Cycle 2: The World and the Sun

The Gods had taken a decision: together, they would forge the universe from scratch.

------The Sun------

First, would be the Sun.
Four Gods combined their strength in order to bring about Light.
Ma'Rook,
Gasnareth Imrep,
X'arilyg,
Razel the Beast of Battle.
Four Gods directed their Essences toward the Other One of Light Ma'Rook. Now wielding in one hand a Quintessence, the Major God Ma'Rook ripped a black pulsating lump of flesh from its own infinite entrails. Its own unspeakable heart, dripping and eldritch, into which he imbued the Quintessence.

Darkness became Light. And the gem became the Sun, a radiant, powerful pulsating star that would repel the undefined darkness.

------The World------

Second, would be the World.
Four Gods combined their strength in order to shape the world.
Tachyon Everlord,
Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks,
M/Païsp/map/ma,
Elmedo the Afflatus.
Three Minor Gods united their Essences, which they then gave to a Major God. Combining them into a radiant Quintessence, the Major God Tachyon Everlord conjured from the sun-bathed nether a core of metal and power. Beating strong, torrents of molten rock poured out of the core, turning the metal core into an ever-increasing sphere of lava.

Finally, the sphere stopped growing, and the earth cooled down. The newborn world was a great and uniform planet, from which protruded great formations of metal in many places. And with each beat of its powerful core, the World sent its great energy coursing through its countless veins.

Brimming with vitality, the World was born.

Such was the birth of the First World and the First Sun.

"Woah! Woaaah! That's amazing! I will definitely remember all the gods who took part in such an endeavor. You are the gods who created the world after all!"

------The Continent------

Then, the Major God Lifestealer used 1 Greater Essence to throw a great mass of shimmering threads he summoned from his own throat onto the World. From its impact that shook the World, a ring-shaped continent rose.

------The Lifetwister------

Next, the Major God Gasnareth Imrep used his remaining Essence to create a Monster, the Lifetwister. This monstrous egg of flesh appeared alone in the emptiness of space, bathed by the powerful Sun.

------The Phantom and the Destroying Angels------

Following the birth of the Lifetwister, two Minor Gods crafted Servants.
The Minor God X'arilyg used 1 Essence to create the Phantom, a shadowy Servant whose duty was as of yet unknown.
The Minor God Manannan Silverhand used 1 Essence to create an army of Destroying Angels, Lesser Servants in the shape of humanoid mushrooms designed to hunt monsters.

------Prophecies------

Two Gods then wrote on the Slab of Prophecies.
Manannan: Surely, all the (current) terrible monsters of the world shall fall to the legions of the Angels.
Gasnareth Imrep: The Destroying Angels will search the void for many a time, finding nigh nothing and fighting just as much, until finally they are struck down by far greater forces then they could hope match.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2018, 01:37:42 am »

CARVER TURN

The World was still young, and no life roamed its surface yet...

------Monsters and Servants------

As soon as they were created, the Destroying Angels started scouring the World for Monsters to slay. The great legion of Lesser Servants eventually sensed the presence of the Lifetwister, and mounted a great assault on the lone beast...

Soon after its birth, the Lifetwister moved close to the Sun, sensing its powerful energies. The being then slept in orbit of the Sun, bathing in its gentle and mighty light. Then sensing the incoming Destroying Angels, it grew six tendrils ending with a mouth.

Inspired by the Sun that gave it strength, the Lifetwister grew six tendrils. It then wreathed itself in fire, turning into a crude representation of the Sun. Using its tendrils to wield its cloak of fire and turn it on its enemies, the Lifetwister burnt the Angels to cinders... The Lesser Servants, unable to vanquish the Monster, decided to retreat for now.

[And so, Gasnareth Imrep's prophecy came to pass.]
The Destroying Angels will search the void for many a time, finding nigh nothing and fighting just as much, until finally they are struck down by far greater forces then they could hope match.

As for the purposeless Phantom, it wandered on the surface of the World, finding nothing but a barren land. It then waited.

"Mmh! That was a nice battle, pretty one-sided though. That was a rather easy prophecy right? I shouldn't give you any coins for this one... buuuut I will make an exception for the very first fulfilled Prophecy. Here Gasnareth."

Gasnareth Imrep earned a Destiny Coin. Its standing increased a little.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:45:19 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2018, 01:38:02 am »

Current Hierarchy

------PRIMORDIAL GODS (1QE / 2GE)------
None

------MAJOR GODS (1GE / 1E)------
Ma'Rook (Roboson) [Standing+]
Lifestealer (FallacyofUrist) [Standing~]
Tachyon Everlord (Rahx) [Standing+]

------MINOR GODS (1E / 1LE)------
Gasnareth Imrep (crazyabe) [Standing+] (1DC)
Manannan Silverhand (Maximum Spin)
X'arilyg (Shadowclaw777) [Standing+]
Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks aka Ivy (IcyTea31) [Standing+]
MPaïspmapma (Kilojoule Proton) [Standing+]
Elmedo the Afflatus (Sl4cker) [Standing+]
Razel the Beast of Battle (darkwarlock3) [Standing+]

The Slab of Prophecies

Spoiler: Active Prophecies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fulfilled Prophecies (click to show/hide)

State of Ema

"That's a really nice starting World and Sun you created, I'm impressed! I was worried for a moment that you would just rush this part, and create a half-done World or Sun. I wonder what you will do next?"
Strain: Low (Slight increase)

Spoiler: Essential Creations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21:43 am »

"We hereby name our unnamed world Dirt. It's a gooOood name full of meaning and symbolism, after all, and far from an unheard of one."

With this extremely important business out of the way, Mpaïspampa decides to fertilize a nice, flat region with sacred organic materials (1EE). Next, the Corn Pope invents corn, as is Its wont, and sows this fertile plain, the Cornfield, with corn. (1LE) Seeking to instill some light-heartedness in future followers, none of which will be sentient ears of corn, Mpaïspama prophesies thus: "Someone will surely vandalize the Cornfield by flattening  corn plants, whether to draw circles, images, or writings."

Tired after a long day of godwork, Mpaïspampa rests in the Cornfield.

ADDENDUM:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:15:15 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48