Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods  (Read 37745 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2018, 07:08:48 pm »

"Acter is already a Primordial God, so I recommend switching your vote for someone else." "Hey, why don't you vote for us instead? We're still friends, right?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2018, 07:31:38 pm »

"Acter is already a Primordial God, so I recommend switching your vote for someone else."
I thought this got explained already...
I am presently a Primordial God, but I will not continue to be a Primordial God unless I receive 3 votes.
Simply put: Primordialhood must be renewed every five Cycles.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2018, 08:36:01 pm »

”As Acter has said, Ema’s restructuring of the tiers of godhood has rendered the status a temporary boon for popularity. not a system I approve of, but it is not my decision to make. what Is however, is my vote, which i grant to Acter with wholeheartedness.”
Give acter my vote, and then expend a greater essence to expand the moon by roughly a continent worth of size over time.

Commune with fyrma again, instructing her to pick out a leader for the starborn to take her place so that she may return to her purpose as a seeker of knowledge. Empower her selection with charisma and the ability to draw upon Fyrma’s wisdom passively using my remaining Essence so as to help them lead the colony efficiently.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 12, 2018, 09:30:20 pm »

I throw a Vote at Eris and Discordia.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 12, 2018, 09:34:22 pm »

Quote from: Voting
Manannan Silverhand: 2 (Mavnon, Eris&Discordia)
Mavnon: 2 (Manannan Silverhand, Razel)
Acter Nobody: 2 (**/*****/**/*, Innanis Dominus)
Tachyon Everlord: 1 (Acter Nobody)
Eris&Discordia: 1 (Gasnareth Imrep)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2018, 06:18:13 am »

"What I meant to say is that Acter had already geen a Primordial God before, and I do no think that is wise to vote for him again. Lets not repeat our past mistakes." "By the way, thanks for the vote! We really appreciate it!"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2018, 08:32:30 am »

"What I meant to say is that Acter had already geen a Primordial God before, and I do no think that is wise to vote for him again. Lets not repeat our past mistakes."
That- that- what? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2018, 01:22:08 pm »

"What I meant to say is that Acter had already geen a Primordial God before, and I do no think that is wise to vote for him again. Lets not repeat our past mistakes."
That- that- what? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

**/*****/**/* is doubtful that Acter being a Primordial God was a mistake. Can you name any concrete wrongs that he committed?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 13, 2018, 01:58:54 pm »

Third Step- Reviewing the changes, and finishing up the First Strata

The Slab of Prophecies

"Need to renew the Prophecies then."

Many shall hear of Elys, and people of many races, capable of reason, shall travel there.

Return to the Pool

Taking a look at this.. It appears we can make that change without essence. Going to need all three of us though, best wake them.

Hi no Yōsei goes to wake the others.

"Yo, time to wake you two."

"hahn.."

"mm, what is it."

"Next cycle has started. I might also mention that they don't really think anything of this future disaster in progress, but details.."

"Anyway, I think I found something useful,"

"Apparently we can cast a blessing on a single location just by ourselves, so we should be able to complete the First Strata fairly soon."

"So I guess we can get started on the next."

"Yep! You ready too Kaze-chan?"

"k.."

Seichō-on Kami Blessing upon the First Strata

The three gather round the Pool.

Inflict a Blessing affecting a Location: Free!

"Per our Voice.."

"From our Will..."

"Pure of Song...."

"Our Blessing be upon this World.{Location}"

The First Strata has been Blessed-

Sapphire, Tri-Color, and Ocean Jet can now be mined.

Beachwood, Rivervine, and Lake Pomegranates can now be cut.

Small Flowers, Amber, and Watermoss can now be gathered.

These items can be used to create Magical Gear and Items for adventures, along with the other monster drops in the Yggdrasil.

"Ha, next step is the FOEs."

"Right then,"

"hmm~"

FOE- Formidable Opposing Enemy

Create a race of Monsters/Abominations: 1 Greater Essence

Name: Yggdrasillian Defense Protocols: FOE.
>Sub-species?: First Strata Entry Layer FOE.
Description: A FOE. A Natural Defense that can kill most New Adventurers. It is recomended that you at least experiance the second Strata before facing these Monsters. While the Items that can be harvested from them are quite a few steps above most, they are extremely dangerous.
 That being said, it is a First Entry Layer. They rarely deviate from a set path, and can be bypassed on the way to higher floors. Adventurers are advised to take caution, lest they get caught fighting the other monsters on the floor and caught in an unescapable battle for their lives.
Traits: Respawn{Law}, locked to Yggdrasillian floors, Rare Item Creation Materials, Natural Biological Order.

Monster Species: Crokilldile
Description: A tan hid with blue tips on a number of bumps and ridges, a wide mouth of extremely sharp teeth, and enough strength to knock down trees. Along with the claws that are it's nails this is the first FOE an adventurer would see.

They move somewhat slowly through the labyrinth, so hiding from them is possible. Once in it's sight though, it is advised to escape immediately. It has no trouble crossing rivers and charging through trees.

In case you do decide to take it's drops for yourself, here's a few notes on it's battle skills. It will use it's claws  to knock you away and down, and it's charge to topple you. It's main method of killing however is it's vicious bites. And it can boost it's own damage output as well.

On the whole, make sure you have a plan, a tank, and a healer, as well as a Fire Magic and plenty of Arrows.
Weaknesses: Pierce, Fire.
Resistances: Slash, Petrify.
1 Found on the First Floor of the First Stratum, Beech Grove. Others found on the 3rd and 5th Floors.

Monster Species: Tanling Fawn
Description: Found on the Second Floor, these Sand Colored Fawn are only 4 feet high and 5 long. Agile, they actually run from adventures. Their white bellies and sand hides are fairly profitable, and they make both good coats, boots, and meals. Of course, killing them draws their parents toward you like a Predator to Hapless Prey, regardless of where you are, and the Fawns themselves can call for their help.. Don't damage the hide too much if you want to sell it.
Weaknesses: Bash
Resistances: Confuse
Found on the Second Floor of the First Stratum, Beach Grove.

Monster Species: Tanline Deer
Description: The older form of the Tanling Fawn, their horns are a menace. They are quick, and are usually comfortable patrolling a set route. Granted, their behavior changes from whether they are on the Second Floor, or the Fourth. If on the Second, even if they see you, they won't go out of there way to attack you. On the Fourth, they tend to clutter narrow corridors.

In Battle, they will quickly confuse you with some form of energy in their horns, and panic parties with it's harsh stomps through them. It can crush grown men underhoof, and has no trouble navigating even the most root covered areas, and jumping small streams.

A note, these Deer hate those who smell of the wards blood, and will attack those who smell of it.

Found on the Second & Fourth Floor of the First Stratum, Beach Grove.

"One last part to go there. Just the Guardian left."

"We still have some left today."

"Guess so. Mizunone?

"We should probobly gain some allies. That would likely be useful. Who though?"

Why not those Discordia two. An alliance might be useful if we want to get some hands on a bit of Quintessence.

"Well, guess we should discuss it huh.."

"As well as what to do with our remaining essence."

"If it's any trouble, I'll serve as the face to them for now.

"Heh, good luck with that."

Discussion

"A note to the Gods out there, we cast our Vote for Eris&Discordia this Cycle. We hope you one day return the favor once you are two."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 13, 2018, 03:00:29 pm »

”I find the new goting system... problematic already. we have no less than four potential candidates for primordialship in our midst, but they have all fallen one short of the nessesary number of votes. I have a feeling if the remaining four do not vote for the aforementioned candidates, we will experince a lean macrocycle in terms of usable essence.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »

Kel looks up; he appears to have been muttering darkly over a notepad.

"Oh, right. I forgot there was a god - err, three - already doing this.

Look, Seichō-on Kami, I'll make this short. Dirt is almost certainly screwed at this point. In fact, it's currently the most chaotic world I've ever seen outside of a straight-up apocalypse. You three are the only ones I've seen acknowledging it, even if there isn't going to be another Cataclysm. I have a Plan to fix this, or at least mitigate it. It's foolproof, requires no upkeep. Unfortunately, said Plan happens to be expensive. Very expensive. In fact, I'm going to need-

Kel looks at the notepad.

- about 1 Greater Essence, 2 Essence, and 1 Lesser Essence more than I currently have. I'd be very grateful if you or someone else could supply that in whole or in part."

”I find the new voting system... problematic already. we have no less than four potential candidates for primordialship in our midst, but they have all fallen one short of the necessary number of votes. I have a feeling if the remaining four do not vote for the aforementioned candidates, we will experience a lean macrocycle in terms of usable essence.”

"This can be rectified."

Quote from: Votes
Eris&Discordia: 3 (Gasnareth Imrep, Seichō-on Kami, Kel)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2018, 06:48:48 pm »

Quote from: Voting
Eris&Discordia: 3 (Gasnareth Imrep, Seichō-on Kami, Kel)
"You are now at the apex of the cosmic hierarchy, bound goddesses of Chaos, Eris and Discordia. Take a lick at the primeval powers, and rise."

Eris and Discordia have become a Primordial God.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:30 pm »

Third Step Turnaround- Kazenooto's Action

Well, I do have some Essence. I'm not quite ready to give up on them yet.

Create a Region: 1 Essence Spent

The Cloud Archipelagos

From the Sea and Land, amidst the Sky. Water forms, Wind rises. Above the Torus Great Inner Sea. Clouds form into Islands. Circus and Cumulus form seas ever shifting with the wind. Connected and connecting, the paths and opened Skies, and the Clouds buoyant.

The Islands and Cloudmasses have there own fruits and vegetation, taking water from the clouds and cirrostratus mist, taking root in Cloundy Form.

The Wind swirls as The Cloud Archipelagos remain above this great sea, ever drawing evaporated moisture from around them.

"That should do. A bit of Color, to what is supposedly lifeless. A Land above the Sea."

Hmm, based on what Ema said, I need something. I don't have essence left to use.

Looking.. maybe that?

Modify up to T1 Creations: Free[/u]

------The Holy Book of the Pantheon (Mundane) [Manannan Silverhand]------
Name: Holy Book of the Pantheon
Description: A delightful picture-book explaining the current status of the Pantheon, noting the continued presence of Manannan and Pmaïsmpampa, the retirement of Elmedo to the status of "honoured foregoer", and the new affiliation of Eris, Discordia, and Kel, all of whom are considered appropriate subjects of worship. The book touches also on other creations of the pantheon gods, including the dwarves, as well as a section on the pantheon's current policies of nonaggression toward Tachyon Everlord and Razel.
Class: Mundane
Powers: Explains the relations of the gods of the Pantheon to readers. Can be updated if necessary.
Notes:
-Around the Holy Empire

"Well, it is something I can do.. And that's as close to permission as I can get..."

Notes on Elys, a Land across the Sea. And the Tree there.

And, The Cloud Archipelagos.

And Finally, a bit about us Three. There.

Mow Modify it's Dispersal so those tribes beyond normal notice get the Book.

Well, I'll send a note on this to Manannan Silverhand for permission, though that bit should be enough. Best get back to my Sisters.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:18 pm »

"Are you offering your service to the Pantheon, then?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 13, 2018, 09:51:11 pm »

"!!!!!!!!!!" "Truly unexpected. I'm surprised we are that popular among the other gods."

"Oh my! I can't believe this is happening! I'm so happy!" "Ah, so much power... Yes! I feel unstoppable..!" "So these are the primeval powers, huh? I like it!" "Gasnareth Imrep. Kel. And the new goddesses, Seichō-on Kami. You all have my gratitude. While I might need to use most of my power to catch up with the rest, we'll try our best to not use this newfound power just for our own benefit." "That means we're sharing! If anyone needs some Greater Essence, just ask now and we will consider it!"

"Also, please don't edit the book if you're not part of the Chicken Cabal! Unless you want to join, of course!"
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48