Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods  (Read 37773 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2018, 04:04:34 pm »

I Spend the Lesser Essence Razel gave me to Uplift the Lifetwister into a Sentient being.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2018, 08:15:48 pm »

Ema: a Story of Gods
(OOC)

Cycle 3: Life

The World which was named Dirt by the Gods had been formed, and received the blessed light of the Sun. Now all that missed for it to be truly complete, was Life.

------Lands------

First, several Gods took upon themselves to shape Dirt.

MPaïspmapma was the first to act, using 1 Essence to bless a Region with fertility and increased nutrients. But by using 1 Essence, MPaïspmapma instead blessed a Continent's worth of land.

[The Fertile Continent]

Razel then used 1 Essence to create a great variety of Plants, from trees to grass to moss, he placed all of those in one region, a beautiful and equally dangerous jungle.

[Razel's Jungle]

Elmedo next used 1 Essence to carve a great chasm near the region that would be destined to be the Cornfield. Filling it with water and covering it with fog, Elmedo formed the Brumous Lake.

[The Brumous Lake]

Gasnareth Imrep also used 1 Essence to thrust several great white mountains of bones and rock from the bowels of Dirt, creating a mountainous Region known as the Dread Mountains.

X'arilyg then raised a purple stone tower in the Dread Mountains, the Eye Tower.

[The Dread Mountains and the Eye Tower]

Following Gasnareth and X'arilyg' lead, Tachyon Everlord used 1 Essence to thrust an even greater mountain from Dirt. Naming it Ascension's Peak and creating a great tower at its peak using 1 Lesser Essence, he intended to make it a passageway to the Divine Plane in the future.

[Ascension's Peak and its Tower]

And finally, Lifestealer was the last to shape the world for this Cycle. Using a Great Essence, he formed a great sea in the center of the Torus continent.

[Torus Great Inner Sea]

------Life------

Next came Life. Many Gods worked to fill the World with mortal beings.

MPaïspmapma created a species of Plants known as Corn, which he placed in a fertile Region called the Cornfield. Shortly thereafter, Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks used 1 Lesser Essence to curse the Corn to alter its properties.

Spoiler: Corn (click to show/hide)

Manannan Silverhand then created a species of Creatures and a species of Plants to go alongside them: the Spirit Chickens and the Chicken Vines.

Spoiler: Spirit Chickens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chicken Vines (click to show/hide)

Elmedo then created a species of Plants, Goldweed. He placed them around the Brumous Lake.

Spoiler: Goldweed (click to show/hide)

Gasnareth Imrep created a species of Plants with its remaining Lesser Essence, Banewood. He placed them on the Dread Mountains. Then he worked to construct a group of creatures, the Errthn.

[1] His attempt ended in a catastrophical failure. Despite his efforts, he couldn't breath life into these dolls of flesh.

Spoiler: "Banewood" (click to show/hide)

Lifestealer created the species of Creatures known as Honey Lynx with 1 Essence. He placed them on Torus.

Spoiler: Honey Lynx (click to show/hide)

Finally, Ma'Rook created the Maoths, Creatures that he instantly uplifted to Mortals. He also created some Rose Trees.

Spoiler: Maoths (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rose Tree (click to show/hide)

------Servants and Monsters------

Some Gods were unsatisfied with the current life.

Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks took one of the Spirit Chickens of the Cornfield, and imbued it with 1 Essence to twist it into an Abomination. Thus, the Scariest Crow was born.

Ma'Rook created a Servant to protect the Maoths from threats. A wise and powerful wormlike Servant. 

Spoiler: Amoak (Servant) (click to show/hide)

Using the Lesser Essence Razel gifted him, Gasnareth Imrep then gifted the Lifetwister with sentience. Now, the Lifetwister was no longer a mere Monster.

------Law------

In a fit of hatred toward hair, X'arilyg decided to create a very specific Lesser Law to prevent the Honey Lynxes from ever thrive.

------Prophecies------

Three Gods then wrote on the Slab of Prophecies.
Mpaïspama: "Someone will surely vandalize the Cornfield by flattening  corn plants, whether to draw circles, images, or writings."

X’arilyg: "The Honey Lynx shall fall into descent and instead of growing population for Cycle 2, they shall instead begin its decline"

Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks: "The corn will be cultivated and farmed, but by its taste few will be charmed. Its purpose shall be burning fuel and binding starch, but not food for an army out on the march."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:24:31 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2018, 08:16:32 pm »

CARVER TURN

With Life and many great beings roaming its surface, Dirt started living.

------Creatures------

Because of X’arilyg's cruel joke, it didn't take long for the Honey Lynx to completely perish from cannibalism and competition. But the worse curse was the one of sterility.

The Honey Lynxes were thus the first species to go extinct.

"The Honey Lynx shall fall into descent and instead of growing population for Cycle 2, they shall instead begin its decline... Cycle 2... Okay then?"

With the Honey Lynx dying, all that was left on Torus were the Spirit Chickens and the Maoths. The Spirit Chickens developped and grew nearly undisturbed, if that were not for the Scariest Crow.

------The Maoths and Amoak------

The Maoths were the first Mortals to walk Dirt. Quickly, it became apparent that the Maoths were blessed with great perception and intelligence, surprising even the Gods.

They very quickly learnt to avoid and control the Chicken Vines, weaving them into ropes and clothes. Then they tamed the Chicken Spirits to use as domestic animals.

Under the protection and guidance of Amoak, they avoided the fields where the Scariest Crow lurked, and developed a technique to lure out the Scariest Crow using Spirit Chickens. They gave their thanks to Ma'Rook the Bringer of Light, which formed the basis of their religion.

The future seemed bright for the Maoths, who managed to make the most of the few blessings of their world.

[Maoths: Nomadic Tribal Society]

------Monsters and Servants------

The Scariest Crow ruled the Cornfield, initially hunting both Chicken Spirits and Maoths for their equally tasty flesh. But soon, the Maoths started giving Spirit Chickens offering to him, which greatly pleased the Scariest Crow.

No longer hunting Maoths if they gave him Chicken as a gift of passage, he even helped them travel through the Cornfield if they gave an extra chicken...

Far from Dirt and close to the Sun, was the Lifeweaver. Now gifted with sentience, it thought.
"Who am I?" "Why was I born?"
These questions caused him great distress, and it left the Sun on a journey of self-discovery. It decided to head for Torus, fascinated by its sea and small patch of golden corn...

The Destroying Angels, having healed their wounds, mounted a new assault on the Lifeweaver. But with its new sentience, the Monster was more dangerous than ever. Understanding they would come again and again, it killed all of the Angels and left none alive.

The Phantom received his purpose, and stopped waiting. He went to the Cornfield, where the Spirit Chickens lived. Using its powers, it started influencing the chickens, altering and improving their thoughts... Overtime, the chickens started growing smarter.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:43:25 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2018, 08:16:58 pm »

Current Hierarchy

------PRIMORDIAL GODS (1QE / 2GE)------
None

------MAJOR GODS (1GE / 1E)------
Ma'Rook (Roboson) [Standing+]
Lifestealer (FallacyofUrist) [Standing+]
Tachyon Everlord (Rahx) [Standing+]

------MINOR GODS (1E / 1LE)------
Gasnareth Imrep (crazyabe) [Standing+] (1DC)
Manannan Silverhand (Maximum Spin) [Standing+]
X'arilyg (Shadowclaw777) [Standing~]
Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks aka Ivy (IcyTea31) [Standing+]
MPaïspmapma (Kilojoule Proton) [Standing+]
Elmedo the Afflatus (Sl4cker) [Standing+]
Razel the Beast of Battle (darkwarlock3) [Standing+]

The Slab of Prophecies

Spoiler: Active Prophecies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fulfilled Prophecies (click to show/hide)

State of Ema

"That was a bit exhausting, but nothing that would kill me. There are still some gods who forgot I can be a bit of an airhead, so don't forget to put emphasis on the summary of your action!"

"Anyway, everyone felt pretty important this time. Especially those who created all these snazzy regions, I really liked this. I'm looking forward to the life you will place on Dirt. Make it varied! I know you already started creating life, and that's great! And props for these Mortals, they impressed me. It would be a shame if anythign were to happen to them, ahahaha!"
Strain: Low-Moderate (Moderate increase)

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plantlife (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:53:22 pm by Nakéen »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2018, 08:31:23 pm »

"... well that's just mean! Don't worry though I'll get you back for sure!"

"Later though I have funner things to do!"

Incarnate! On Torus, among the tribes. From there, Lifestealer turns invisible, wanders about a bit, finds a chief's hut, enters, and appears to the chief.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:03 pm »

Mpaïspama patronizes all the plants It hasn't patronized yet. (Corn, Chicken Vines, Banewood, Rose Tree).

"You know, chlorophyll is sooOOo last Cycle. Carotenes are in this year!" /peacock

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2018, 09:07:29 pm »

Elmedo splits his Essence into Lesser Essences. With two Lesser Essence, he uplifts the Chickens.

Next, he crafts a single Magic Artifact, Mistcutter.
He also becomes a patron of this weapon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tossing this artifact into the Brumous Lake, Elmedo writes a Prophecy;

A humble fowl will one day gain the courage to explore Brumous Lake and retrieve Mistcutter. Renaming themself after the weapon, this worthy warrior will use it to defeat an evil that plagues the Cornfield.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:14:30 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2018, 09:08:16 pm »

”Growth and progression of all things must happen, the more intricate this world becomes, the better the stories of the mortals and others shall become intertwined and like one

Spoiler: Tentacle Theropods (click to show/hide)

X’arilyg creates the large raptors known as Tentacle Theropod species, and places them onto the Corn Field to allow them to sprawl and exist in the region, with the entity’s Essence

X’arilyg with the act of Two Lesser Essences, imbues the arcane energy into the Tentacle Theropods with sapience as Uplift Blessing and they begin their life as a mortal species in the Corn Field

Phantom Action: The Phantom shall provide its will and knowledge to the Tentacle Theropods to provide and exist in the Corn Field, from the basics of agriculture and irrigation, to other Paleolithic developments. The Phantom also makes the mortal raptor species crave knowledge and makes them more reductive materialistic in the process while telling them the glory of the Eyeball God, the Master of Omniscience.

In this X’arilyg claims the patronization of all plant life on Dirt (Corn, Chicken Vines, Banewood, Rose Tree, and even Goldweed). As well as claiming patron of the Tentacle Theropods
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:46:06 am by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2018, 09:09:58 pm »

I Produce Yet one more monster, this one I patrion.
Spoiler: The Great Sagewood (click to show/hide)
And Then I Uplifted it as well.
As well I try again to breath life into my Creative creatures Manually.

Spoiler: "Errthn" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:12:31 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2018, 09:16:48 pm »

Mpaïspama patronizes the Great Sagewood.

"Saplings these days just aren't as diligent as they used to be!"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:10 pm »

X’arilyg patronizes the Great Sagewood, and removes his previous prophecy from the Carver Board and inserts a new one!

New Prophecy: ”The Great Sagewood shall become friends with the Phantom, and they shall be a tag-team of greatness among Dirt, and with their powers combined shall vanquish an Abomination of this world!”
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:36:03 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2018, 10:07:28 pm »

"... well that's just mean! Don't worry though I'll get you back for sure!"

"Later though I have funner things to do!"

Incarnate! On Torus, among the tribes. From there, Lifestealer turns invisible, wanders about a bit, finds a chief's hut, enters, and appears to the chief.

Lifestealer appeared before a leader of the Maoth Tribes.

"Waitwaitwait. Careful with these mundane mortal meetings. Some here and there are okay, but many will definitely be straining for me. Just a little warning for the future!"

The four armed 10ft tall mortal blinked with her three eyes, shocked by the appearance of an alien light blue creature in the form of a fox before her. She studied the strange being carefully.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2018, 10:46:12 pm »

Hrm. Seems I need to fix the issue of something coming up uninvited. After this pondering the ways how this world's magic can be used will be an excellent past time. I just need someone to keep and eye on things.

Tachyon takes some additional time to weave a storm where the tower is. The visage of the mask of Tachyon looms over the landscape allowing those inside to see out the eyes. This is in order to prevent flying creatures from circumventing the trial that mortals must take in order to speak to the gods. Though this storm itself is a trail for mortals to fly through, if they can. Furthermore gives attention to his first living or reliving creation; his first of many great servants.

1 Greater essence and 1 Lesser essence

Spoiler: First Great Servant (click to show/hide)

Go, my servant. I your patron command that your task is twofold. Find the remains of the now extinct creation, the honey lynx, and enlist them into your command. Then whenever you believe the time is right, converse and inform the new mortals of this land and its trial to speak to the gods and entities who made the world. When you accomplish the task you can return or discover more of the planet the others are putting their efforts to. Be ready to welcome any more servants provided either by me or any other entity that pass through these halls. The mortals? Have them feel welcomed when they pass the trial.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2018, 11:05:36 pm »

Now to further my plans, but first i need a mortal race to secure them he rips one of his scales off, picks out a few hairs of his, and weaves it together with the fury of the beast, Razel lays his first creation of life in Razel's jungle and claim patron on them
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2018, 11:22:41 pm »

Mpaïspama offers a 1EE reward for any non-Others interested in attempting to (pro)create half-cows under Mpaïspama's custody. Other Ones may receive a 1LE commission for referring non-Others to Mpaïspama. Hurry now! This offer ends whenever Mpaïspama gets bored of waiting!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48