Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods  (Read 37781 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2018, 08:48:01 pm »

Bored, Manannan erases his old prophecy and writes a new one: "Magic beans, a cow, and the novel art of writing will somehow prove the downfall of the first great civilisation."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2018, 12:08:48 am »

Ivy makes sure she is in the Other Plane and goes there if she isn't already.

Ivy breaks an Essence apart and uses the 2 LE:s to raise several locations out of the earth, made of whatever materials can be extracted from the soil and stone: Theatres of Tragedy, amphitheatres with stages enchanted to allow actors to realistically 'die' and subsequently revive when the play is over, as long as they are 'killed' with fake weapons (wooden swords), poisons (coloured water) or other implements of false death.

To help with the effect, within each Theatre is an emotion-boosting Mundane Artifact (1 LE) to make the audience really immerse in the play.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2018, 02:13:49 am »

Ema: a Story of Gods
(OOC)

Cycle 4: Mortals

With Life starting to roam Dirt, and having witnessed the small conflict over the first mortals, the Gods decided to create many races of Mortals.

------Life and Mortals------

The first to act was Elmedo, who choose the Spirit Chicken as the next species to walk the path of civilization.

The second to act was X'arilyg, who decided to create his own mortals, the Tentacle Theropods. This race of Creatures was shaped into bidepal feathered, reptiles, and were promptly uplifted by the Minor God. Gifted with strength, speed and dexterity, it seemed like no creature could match them.

Spoiler: Tentacle Theropods (click to show/hide)

[5] Undeterred by his failure, Gasnareth Imrep once more attempted to breath life into the dolls of flesh he had shaped. This time, he succeeded, creating a group of Creatures: the Errthn.

Spoiler: Errthns (click to show/hide)

Razel, satisfied by his jungle, ripped one of his scales to create a species of Creatures, the Gremnear. Blessed with many traits, they would make fine predators.

So that they wouldn't die of starvation, he then created a group of Creatures, the Wabbits.

Spoiler: Gremnear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wabbits (click to show/hide)

Finally, Mpaïspmapma created a species of Plants that it called Magic Beans. While the God didn't understand his own creation, these plants would absorb and store a small amount of the energy that flowed through Dirt.

Spoiler: Magic Beans (click to show/hide)

------Monsters and Servants------

Gasnareth Imrep, before creating the Errthns, gave birth to another Monster, to which he granted sentience. While unspecified, it is presumed the Monster was then placed in the Dread Mountains.

Spoiler: The Great Sagewood (click to show/hide)

Tachyon Everlord pondered at the top of Ascencion's Peak. He had plans, great plans, and for that he needed a servant. As such, the Major God created Steelform Lich, Herz, the Greater Servant. Giving him a mission, he then wrote a Minor Law that would cause a constant storm to rage over Ascenscion's Peak.

------Artifact------

With his remaining power, Elmedo crafted the Mistcutter, a Magic Artifact that he tossed in the Brumous Lake. Binding the Mistcutter to a prophecy, he then left.

------Gods and Mortals------

Elmedo, with the blessing of Ma'Rook, intended to teach the Maoths what he called in his own words "the Blessing of the Knowledge of Writing". He also intended to teach them how to weave Goldweed into paper, harvest its resin for ink and pluck Chickens for their quills, even though they already knew how to do the latter.

But the Chickens, now Mortals, were no longer mere pets and domestic animals...

------Gods and Gods------

Manannan Silverhand and Mpaïspmapma felt in a very scientific mood. Discussing together about plans of a divine offspring, they then jumped to the act, merging their Divine Souls in the hopes of forming a new one. To increase the chances of a successful conception, Manannan used an Essence.

[4]+1

Manannan poured a drop filled with his own Essence onto Mpaïspmapma. And suddenly, the consenting Minor God felt a great pain in his divine viscera. And after several painful months of labor, the God gave birth to a new God. Helyx, Great Creator of Oceans, Evolution and Chaos. A great ammonite-shaped being with a blue body and a pale shell.

"So that's how Gods are made. That was... educational I guess."

------Some Land------

Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks retreated to his Realm in the Other Plane, from which he used its powers to order the rock to shape itself into several buildings: the Theatres of Tragedy.

The God intended for these places to be enchanted, but he lacked enough power to weave a Law that would enforce the enchantment.

As such for now, the Theatres of Tragedy remained normal structures, inside which were placed Mundane Artifacts. These small tools diffused a substance that could potentially empower the emotions of those who breathed it.

"A little clarification! You need to weave a Law into a place to have it display permanent unusual effects. As for mundane Artifacts, they tools or objects without power."

------Unveiled Secrets------

"Secrets!"

Annoyed by the extinction of the Honey Lynxes, a direct consequence of X'arilyg hatred of beings of fur, Lifestealer created a Greater Monster. A terrible creature known as the Catgoo, which was designed to turn the world into the likehood of cats.

Then Ma'Rook secretly imbued Amaok with enough power to turn it into a Greater Servant, now allowing it to match any being of the world and protect the Maoths.

Finally, Ma'Rook handed his last Essence to Ema, telling her to "Leave her mark".

"I don't exactly lack power, but I do appreciate the intent. It won't change your standing though! Now, what to do with this... Uuugh, that's why I hired you Gods in the first place..."

Ema flung the Essence on the World.
[6] The power landed in the Torus Inner Sea, which created a species of shark-like Creatures. Unfortunately, they very quickly disappeared without a food source. "...Nothing to see here."

------Non-Player Gods------

Helyx, the newborn God, immediately left its parents to create a lake in the middle of nowhere, in which he created a species of algae.

------Prophecies------

Three Gods wrote on the Slab of Prophecies:

Elmedo: A humble fowl will one day gain the courage to explore Brumous Lake and retrieve Mistcutter. Renaming themself after the weapon, this worthy warrior will use it to defeat an evil that plagues the Cornfield.

X'arilyg: ”The Great Sagewood shall become friends with the Phantom, and they shall be a tag-team of greatness among Dirt!”

Manannan Silverhand: "Magic beans, a cow, and the novel art of writing will somehow prove the downfall of the first great civilisation."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2018, 02:14:16 am »

CARVER TURN

The Fourth Cycle saw the first conflict between Mortals.

------On the Cornfield, Torus Continent------

The Maoths and the Chickens:
In a day, the life of the Maoths greatly changed. By the whim of a single God, their domestic animals, source of food and protection from the Scariest Crow, had become Mortals.

The moment their souls were uplifted, the Chickens understood their freedoms were not theirs. They also understood that they served the Maoths only to be eaten. And they hated this.

The Chickens Uprising and Amoak's Intervention:
As such, the Chickens knew hatred, and brought violence. Rebelling against the pacific Maoths, they started killing and devouring their masters.

But the Maoths had Amoak's protection, and the great being crushed the chickens and their rebellions as soon as it started. The Maoths thus faced a dilemma. To let the Chickens leave, and lose their sole source of food. Or keep exploiting the chickens and lose something important. They chose the latter. They let the chicken leave, unwilling to inflict suffering upon the chickens.

The Maoths decision:
With the sacrifices stopping, the Cornfield became dangerous once more, as the Scariest Crow lurked. The Scariest Crow was smart, too, as it managed to avoid confrontation against Amoak.

The Chickens on the other hand left the lands of the Maoths, never wanting to see them again.

Maoths expansion stagnating

The Tentacle Theropods:
In another place of the Cornfield, the Tentacle Theropods appeared and lived. Inspired by the Phantom, they started forming small settlements cultivating Corn. But the low nutrition of corn and the lack of meat led the Raptors to starve and weaken. Corn was unable to sustain them, and they started resorting to cannibalism.

Nothing the Phantom did could stop the madness and starvation. They started hating the Phantom and the Eyeball God, who gave them life only to die.

The Phantom and the Scariest Crow:
The Scariest Crow noticed new preys on its territory, and sampled the Theropods. Their flesh was unlike Chickens and Maoths, and he loved their taste.

The Phantom confronted the Scariest Crow, and the two beings clashed...

Phantom:[4]
Scariest Crow:[8]

The Scariest Crow mortally wounded the Phantom, which had to retreat far from the Cornfield. And thus, the Crow feasted on more Theropods.

The Theropods and the Chickens:
The Theropods were now few, starving and lost. Then they came across the Chickens, who now lived far from the Maoths.

The Theropods hunted the Chickens, and rejoiced. They kept hunting, undeterred by the Sentience of the Chickens. They didn't care. Now they could eat, and it was all that mattered.

Once again, the Chickens knew dark times.

Chickens are close to extinction

The Gremnears:
The new Creatures of Razel's Jungle, the Gremnear, made their first steps in the world. Their first days were without tragedy, as they hunted the few Wabbits and ate the fruits of the jungle.

But the numerous Gremnear hunted the Wabbits to extinction in a matter of days.

Without meat, and only fruit, the Gremnear faced the same problem as the Theropods. As such, the beasts turned to cannibalism, turning into vicious and lone creatures.

------Monsters------

The Phantom and the Great Sagewood:
The wounded Phantom fled far, heading toward the Dread Mountains. There, a being spoke to his mind, and he answered.

The being was lonely, and was excited to meet a living being for the first time. The trees there didn't speak, and the great tree had been looking for another being of intelligence.

Thus, the Phantom and the Great Sagewood became friends. The Phantom rested in the Dread Mountains.

[And so, X’arilyg's prophecy came to pass.]
”The Great Sagewood shall become friends with the Phantom, and they shall be a tag-team of greatness among Dirt!”

"Woah!"
"That was actually pretty unexpected. And no God directly intervened, that's even more amazing. Here, take this! I'm really impressed!"

X'arilyg earned 3 Destiny Coins. Its standing increased quite a bit!

The Lifetwister and the Scariest Crow:
The Lifetwister descended to the Cornfield. There, a being appeared, the Scariest Crow. They would have fought to the death, if the Lifetwister didn't decide to retreat. That being wasn't like itself, and a battle with it would be dangerous.

The Lifetwister and the Theropods:
The Lifetwister then found the Theropods. The Theropods threw rocks at it, and the Lifetwister breathed fired at them in retaliation.

And after destroying many Theropods settlement, the Lifetwister left. It had come to the conclusion there was no other being like itself, and that living beings were dangerous. It spawned its offspring, who would be the only like it.

[And so, Gasnareth Imrep's prophecy came to pass.]
The Coming of the lifetwister to the world will bring chaos and death upon many."

"Nice! Less impressive than X'arilyg's prophecy, but still good." Here!

Gasnareth Imrep earned 1 Destiny Coin. Its standing increased a little bit.

Steelform Lich, Herz and the Catgoo:
The Greater Servant left with a mission. It easily found the bones of the Honey Lynxes, which he rose and bound to its command.

That is when it met the Catgoo.

Catgoo:[12]
Steelform Lich, Herz:[12]

The two beings clashed, evenly matched. It turned out that the Catgoo could fight with the ferocity of a cat when needed, summoning its immense innate power. Both beings ended up wounded.
The Greater Servant had also been transformed by its encounter, having grown bony cat ears and tail, which would last until it recovered. As such it had to retreat to Ascension's Peak to rest.
The Greater Monster had been severely wounded, and was much smaller than initially.

The Catgoo and Amoak:
The Catgoo then came across the Maoths. Feeling the presence of the Greater Monster, Maoths came to destroy it.
Catgoo: [12]
Amoak [10]

The wounded Catgoo managed to beat Amoak with its cat-fu, wounding him. Then the Catgoo rampaged in the Maoths lands, turning everything more cat-like until it disappeared...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:48:34 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2018, 02:14:58 am »

Current Hierarchy

------PRIMORDIAL GODS (1QE / 2GE)------
None

------MAJOR GODS (1GE / 1E)------
Ma'Rook (Roboson) [Standing+]
Lifestealer (FallacyofUrist) [Standing+]
Tachyon Everlord (Rahx) [Standing~]

------MINOR GODS (1E / 1LE)------
Gasnareth Imrep (crazyabe) [Standing+] (2DC)
Manannan Silverhand (Maximum Spin) [Standing+]
X'arilyg (Shadowclaw777)   [Standing+] (3DC)
Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks aka Ivy (IcyTea31) [Standing+]
MPaïspmapma (Kilojoule Proton) [Standing~]
Elmedo the Afflatus (Sl4cker) [Standing~]
Razel the Beast of Battle (darkwarlock3) [Standing~]
Helyx, Great Creator of Oceans, Evolution and Chaos (NPC)

The Slab of Prophecies

Spoiler: Active Prophecies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fulfilled Prophecies (click to show/hide)

State of Ema

"Waaa, it was tiring! I need to calm down with mortals stories..."

"I feel like X'arilyg is getting pretty important. That prophecy was really good too. Maybe he will become a Major God before the other Minor Gods?"
Strain: Low-Moderate (Moderate increase)

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plantlife (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:53:36 pm by Nakéen »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2018, 03:42:03 am »

Mpaïspama replaces Its current prophecy:

"Maoths with magic beans make a magnificent recovery."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2018, 03:52:40 am »

After some deep pondering, Manannan writes a Lesser Law across the entire ring-Continent for one Essence, stipulating: "Any who writes his enemy's or captor's name into the side of a magic bean, and eats it, will find he has gained his enemy's strength, while his enemy is now sapped and weak forevermore."

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2018, 09:54:07 am »

Looking upon the great servant Herz, the charge unfulfilled Tachyon contemplates on the next course of action. This was quite an unexpected turn of events but it was not a feeling of anger but of glee; something did not kill over at the sight of the first servant. Disappointing that it was not a mortal but a monster of gelatin. Worse was the fact that effort had to be spent to preserve the creation.

A failed task is nothing to fret over and the fight was... intense. I hope you have learned that being vigilant in your tasks is important in this world forged from the tale you bear. I am more displeased at how you went about fighting. You could have kept your distance in the air with the might of magic you possess and crushed the goo after freezing it. You probably wont have to worry about it anymore since his own creation just roamed over his mortals and vanished. Least the lynx creatures can be very useful eyes as you recover.

Next, while this place remains mainly barren around the mountain, tachyon gives various bountiful plants of various uses through harvests from eating to practical uses for any civilization.

This is so his own piece of mortals can lay claim to Anchor. A monstrous race

Tachyon also puts these as uplifted mortals and with the last essence he puts forth a very important creature that is for plants to continue thriving.

Spoiler:  Bezel (click to show/hide)

That should be all my essence spent. 1 Greater, 1 essence, split between uplifting and creating a pollination planting species. I want some green dammit!

Two more creatures I patron! But rest for now Herz you will be able to explore again.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2018, 10:31:21 am »

break down a essence into 2LE
Razel seeing that he needs to make the Gremnear into the war seeking civilization he wants decides to uplift their whole race to make tham mortals and gives them his love for battles and war Traits they gained [Warmonger]
cost 2LE
Razel gives his blessing to a alligator type Gremnear and tells him your name shall be Sabalian, now Sabalian gather your people and form a strong tribe, after this is done i shall speak with you or your descendants
Spoiler: King of beasts (click to show/hide)
i write a Prophecy into the slab the first war will happen within 2 turns, it will bring misery to the unfortunate target
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2018, 10:34:34 am »

i claim patron on the Gremear
Razel starts putting slabs of meat together and forms a lesser servant out of it and places it in Razel's jungle and claim patron on it cost 1LE
Spoiler:  meat pile (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:58:52 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2018, 11:55:04 am »

I Break my act down into three lesser acts.
I uplift The Errthns into being mortals, [2LE]
Next I Create a Dungeon under a tower(Location) I shall name "The Shadow's Keep" near the Cornfields and the Theropods. [1LE]
Within it I place a single artifact. [1LE]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Finally I Write a prophecy; "A Great person will come upon "The Shadow's Keep" and From its depths take forth "The Bleak Eye" "
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:58:12 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2018, 02:23:31 pm »

Action in Progress; Will Refine Parts With Enough Time

X’arilyg will create Three-Eye Bovines, that will serve as a great food source for the Theropods, maybe make them learn pasturing and husbandry?, as well as great grazers of corn and Purple Wheat. They are placed on the Cornfields

Spoiler: Creature Insertion (click to show/hide)

X’arilyg with his Lesser Essence will create the Purple Wheat, a great source of protein for the graver and effective at rapidly reproducing from the fertilization of soil, is also colored with the purple color, they are also placed on the Cornfields

Spoiler: Purple Wheat (click to show/hide)

Phantom Action: Rest and tell the Great Sagewood to protect him, while Phantom is recurperafing by replacing shadow energy from X’arilyg’s Plane to restore his body. Maybe they could have chat?, maybe ask what the Great Sagewood wants from its life?

X’arilyg also speak its mind on the Theropods. For a few select members of the Theropods, the Chief Leaders, X’arilyg now has to send a direct message to their thought so that they can build a effective civilization.

“Your hatred for the Eyeball is ill-put, This entity is your guardian and wants your species to grow, it just didn’t remember that you needed many food sources. I bring the Bolvines as a gift. Remember hatred for a Entity that is powerful as This Entity could lead to your downfall, Theropods, might want to rethink your beliefs”

Also X’arilyg puts a new thing on the Prophecy Slab

Prophecy: ”The eternal wrath of the Scariest Crow, will have its death repent and provide something actually good for someone or something”

((Am a Patron of all thing X’arilyg creates))

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:19:05 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »

"Hey everybody I want to play a game with you for an awesome prize!"

Lifestealer creates a Heroic Artifact for 1 Essence and drops it off in his Realm for now.

"So a lot of mortals are having food problems and I thought that this would be an awesome gift. But you have to play a game to win it. If you want to win this chest you have to choose a mortal to represent you in a poker game in my Realm and the winning mortal will take the chest!"

"Oh and I have a Prophecy to write! The Everfull Chest of Super Awesome Foods will be stolen by a thief of a species other than the one that received it! Because it's super awesome and everyone will want it!"

"... ohshootthedivineplaneisbadformortalsoops! Better fix that!"

Lifestealer creates a Divine Artifact for one Greater Essence and drops it off in his Realm for now.

"There we go now the mortals will be safe when they come in!" Lifestealer sets the Protection Thingy to protect from the Divine Realm's energy. Y'know, to keep mortals from disintegrating.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:37:34 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2018, 04:55:20 pm »

Or ya could stop goofing off and bring them all to Ascension's Peak and gamble there!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2018, 05:04:04 pm »

Mpaïspama votes for Manannan, awed by the signs. Lord Helyx, Its dear child and a creator at heart.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:51:42 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48