Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods  (Read 37775 times)

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods
« Reply #510 on: October 29, 2018, 12:01:24 am »

"I don't know about the rest of you but voting gods into primordial temporary is a waste. I suppose making primordial gods the ultimate mediator is some worth but it has its obvious flaws. I see more worth in the creations and their prosperity than some popularity contest.

Speaking of popularity, these 'newcomers' have been productive yet disrespectful. Making such rude hasty judgements. I doubt the essence you would gain from having split personalities is going to be anymore but one quintessence."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 29, 2018, 12:38:47 am »

Hands over a GE and EE to Mananananananananananaananananananan
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #512 on: October 30, 2018, 06:37:48 pm »

Mpaïspama sends 1GE+1EE to Batman!nanan

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 30, 2018, 08:15:55 pm »

So. Simply put, I have no idea what to do right now. Ergo, it's evidently time to take suggestions.
Don't ask me to do anything that you know I'll be against, because I'm not going to pay for stuff I don't want laying around. Aside from that, feel free to ask away.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #514 on: October 31, 2018, 04:58:01 am »

Should the First Pantheon's project(s) end up requiring extra Essence, Mpaïspama is ready to enter manual labor to deliver the intended result.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 31, 2018, 10:44:23 am »

I create the following artifact (1 GE), and give the remaining EE to the Chicken Pantheon since I have been assured that nothing massively destructive is planed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 31, 2018, 11:43:00 am »

Alright, suggestions have been received. Thanks to all that helped give me ideas.

The Legal System: All laws must receive approval before taking effect. Acter, as the creator of this system has the initial vote, but only a simple majority of votes are required for the law to pass. Only the votes of those that actually vote count; abstaining means that your vote will not be counted toward the size of the voting body that the simple majority must be won from. Allow this to be rephrased: if there is contention on a newly-proposed Law, there will be a vote on it to see if it is nullified. If nobody cares enough to to bring it up in the first place, or not enough people disagree with it, then it passes.
"Enough people disagreeing with it" here means a simple majority of recently active gods being against the proposed law.

Example for clarity: If there are 10 gods, and 3 abstain, the number of gods considered for the vote is 7, and each side only needs to have more than 3.5 votes to win, not more than 5. A god who has been recently active and does not vote will be counted as being in favor. A god who has not been recently active and does not vote will not be counted at all. A god has been recently active if they have made an action in the current or previous cycle; votes count for activity.
In case of a tie, the side that Acter [Specifically the Acter that is the creator of this System] is on will win; if Acter has been inactive and does not vote, or specifies that they are abstaining, each side's vote will be modified by +.5 per Primordial god and -.5 per Lesser god; and if it is still a tie, a fair coin will be flipped by Ema or the Carver, with the heads-side (or equivalent) always being "pass the law" and the tails-side (of equivalent) always being "reject the law". If coins have been altered to use more than two sides, flips that do not result in a heads or tails outcome will be disregarded and the coin will be flipped again. If the coin does not have a heads or tails side, two sides will be arbitrarily chosen from those available to be the heads and tails sides. If there are one or fewer sides on all available coins, some other manner of receiving a fair, binary result will be found.
Laws that are rejected are not destroyed; rather, they are inactive, and can be voted on again later. Similarly, laws that had not been rejected previously can be voted on for deactivation.
The initial list of rejected laws is:
-The Law of Awesomeness Shielding
-The Law of Tentacle Hatred
-The Law of Dance Battles
-The Law of Furry Hatred
-The Law of Bovine Dancing Genius
-The Law of Theropod Superiority
All other laws presently in existence are permitted.
This System will be interpreted by spirit, not by exact words; should you "find a loophole" in what is intended from the System, it will not actually change anything about the working of the System.
The sheet:
1QE

The Law of Urban Innovation: A Greater Law, affecting all locations that fit the category of "the most urbanized and heavily-populated settlement in each established civilization". It says that innovations in magic and science will be made in these locations at an increased rate; mind you, these discoveries won't be just "given" to them, but rather, it will simply be easier to come up with the new ideas and put them into practice.
The sheet:
1GE

And finally, Manannan (I hope I've pronounced that correctly, apologies if I did not) requested a Greater Essence for granting to their, ah, dwarf son. I see no reason not to grant this request, and so Manannan, here is the requested Greater Essence.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:48:42 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 31, 2018, 04:43:23 pm »

Before anything else, Manannan takes the orderly dwarf he and Kel made and places it gently on the ground in the capital of the Holy Empire of the Silver Hand, before telling it about its parentage and my hope that it will be a great administrator to advance the Empire in all not-directly-military respects.

When he is satisfied that the dwarf understands its purpose, Manannan uses two of the greater essences he's currently holding and one regular essence to form a Quintessence from their combined resonance, imbuing that Quintessence into the dwarf to elevate it to Ascendant status.

Name: Archpriest Smitty
Description: A dwarf with unusually coloured hair, apparently, who now gains tattooed skin depicting mystical patterns somehow conveying the word of the Pantheon, a cool grey Robe of Order, and an orange sun mark on his forehead exactly like that of a Pure One.
Species: dwarf
Powers: All worshippers of the Pantheon who see him know that he speaks with the true voice of the Pantheon. He has vast intelligence and an advanced understanding of the laws of physics, and the skill to use this understanding to design new technologies; he also has considerable diplomatic ability and is an excellent teacher. Finally, he is empowered with preternatural luck so that his efforts on behalf of the Empire are always more likely to succeed.

With another greater essence, Manannan forges a Divine Artefact for Archpriest Smitty, the Sceptre of Celestial Order.

Name: Sceptre of Celestial Order
Description: A long rod of square cross-section made of 16 coral cubes which float together in formation without touching, topped with a cubical head made of 64 slightly smaller coral cubes arranged in a 4×4×4 grid.
Class: Divine
Powers: The wielder of the Sceptre is protected against harm, and chance events will naturally fall out in the wielder's favour. All beings instinctively recognise the wielder as an agent of the universal order, and the wielder can command monsters and, to some extent, bend the flow of magic. Finally, the wielder can store arbitrary amounts of knowledge in the Sceptre and retrieve that knowledge later; the Sceptre cannot be taken from its wielder unless willingly given, but the wielder of the Sceptre can freely give the Sceptre to a successor, transferring the majority of the wielder's powers as well as that store of knowledge. The Sceptre resonates with the Emeralds of Manannan, allowing the holders of the respective artefacts to communicate similarly to the communication between Emerald-holders.

The Sceptre is given to Archpriest Smitty and he is directed to go take his position as administrative leader of the Holy Empire.

Then Manannan takes one of the remaining essences and another greater essence and appears before the Pure Ones to imbue that power into their Emeralds, bringing them to the Divine level. Their powers are boosted but not extensively altered. While there, he informs the Pure Ones both A) about the dwarf administrator and the importance of friendship with this and any other dwarves they might find lying around, and also B) that danger is coming for the Holy Army, sent by jealous gods, and they must be prepared to use the power of their Emeralds to protect that army.
ETA: Oh right, I almost forgot, they're also told that they should stop murdering EVERYONE in their path, and try just taking places over and integrating them into the empire, giving the citizens "equal rights" and things like that. I want a bigger empire, not a giant cemetery! This especially applies to the Gremnears, the remainder of which they are now required to preserve.

Lastly (at least for now?!), Manannan takes another essence, breaks it down into three Lesser Essences, and uses one Lesser Essence to create a pile of mundane artefact Holy Books. He goes on an adventure distributing the Holy Books around the Empire, teaching of the current state of the Pantheon, and invites the whole Pantheon to participate in this Reformation with their manual labour.

Name: Holy Book of the Pantheon
Description: A delightful picture-book explaining the current status of the Pantheon, noting the continued presence of Manannan and Pmaïsmpampa, the retirement of Elmedo to the status of "honoured foregoer", and the new affiliation of Eris, Discordia, and Kel, all of whom are considered appropriate subjects of worship. The book touches also on other creations of the pantheon gods, including the dwarves, as well as a section on the pantheon's current policies of nonaggression toward Tachyon Everlord and Razel.
Class: Mundane
Powers: Explains the relations of the gods of the Pantheon to readers. Can be updated if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:49:50 pm by Maximum Spin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 31, 2018, 04:58:12 pm »

Mavnon goes around the Holy Empire publicly preaching on the virtues of filial piety, innovation,initiative, aggression, cunning, generosity and openness to mutation .

Mavnon also challenges GUTS to a dance battle with the caveat that they dance in Donwntown Houston Swing Style.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:02:18 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #519 on: October 31, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »

Mpaïspama challenges the Law of Dance Battles to a dance battle in the Iris Monsoon Forest, hopefully before Acter manages to shut them down for being too fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 31, 2018, 05:24:03 pm »

With the last essence currently on hand, Manannan makes a Servant, named the Twisting Scribe.

Name: the Twisting Scribe
Description: A serpent made of writhing woody nettle vines, some of which serve as grasping tentacles. The tentacles can be made to leak ink, which the Scribe uses to write. The Scribe's body constantly changes colours and is covered with stinging hairs that secrete a potent neurotoxin, but the tentacles are hairless and can be used to touch other creatures safely.
Class: Servant
Powers: The Twisting Scribe loves to write. It instinctively knows the will of the Pantheon and writes the orders of its gods down on slips of paper so that they can be passed on to the intended recipients. When the gods have nothing in particular to say, the Twisting Scribe writes novels, historical treatises, and translations of DLS1 anime series on its own recognisance, in between an awful lot of fanfiction. So much fanfiction. Writings which originate from the Twisting Scribe's own personal whims visibly differ from the word of the gods, so that nobody will be confused.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 31, 2018, 05:32:46 pm »

Mavnon also challenges GUTS to a dance battle with the caveat that they dance in Donwntown Houston Swing Style.
A friendly reminder that GUTS is not sapient or sentient, nor does it have a structure that allows it to dance. As such, there is not a single way for the law of dance battles to even slightly apply here.

EDIT:
Mpaïspama challenges the Law of Dance Battles to a dance battle in the Iris Monsoon Forest, hopefully before Acter manages to shut them down for being too fun.
The law of dance battles isn't going to cease existing, it'll just no longer be in effect.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:39:13 pm by Glass »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 11, 2018, 05:07:16 am »

Ema: a Story of Gods
(OOC)

Cycle 15: The New Cycle

A new Era is dawning. The power of the Gods is overflowing, the actors of the Mortal world rise and fall. The gears of the universe are in motion, to further the fulfillment of the many destinies.

------Gasnareth Imrep and Manannan Silverhand: the Holy Empire's Armies------

Gasnareth Imrep answered the plea of Number 6 the Blood King. To punish the Holy Empire's armies, the Major God of Death and Chaos cast a terrible disaster on the offenders. (1E)

I tore all heat from a continental sized area, scattering it all to the edges, cooling it instantly... Water froze and it kept on going... The plants died and it kept upon cooling... the air changed from gas to liquid, yet still it froze on... in the end several seconds later the center was frozen solid from the earth to the air, And for each forth past there it only restored one stage back... at the edge, where all the heat was torn away to the exact opposite happened, everything started burning...

Secretly, Manannan Silverhand cast a Blessing to move the Holy Army right as the Curse locked on its targets. The Holy Armies were moved to the Moon, on Magaria, spread randomly across a wide area centered on the Starborn Hero Fyrma's location. As Fyrma so happened to be in the Magarian Kingdom, the Holy Empire's Armies soldiers and the Pure Ones suddenly appeared in the streets and lands of the Magarian Kingdom. (1LE)
Furthermore, the Major God of Water, Spirit and Void blessed the Holy Army with resistance against temperatures as well as the lack of need to breath. (1LE)

Before anyone could process what had happened, the Curse of Gasnareth triggered, and against it, the Blessing of Protection of Innanis triggered. The Curse was greatly reduced in potency, saving the Moon from a terrible disaster. Instead, an unnatural winter suddenly set on Magaria, while the regions at the edge of the winter suddenly turned to a warm summer.

[Blessing of Protection of the Moon is now Weakened]

------Tachyon Everlord and Eris and Discordia: the Drogos and the Dark Arts------

Eris and Discordia raised the many Drogos Heroes to the status of Legends. Sagarsius the Immortal Emperor, Xivel the Immortal Empress, The Sorcerer of Death and the Six Dark Apprentices thus became Legends, granted untold powers by the Goddesses of Chaos. (1GE+1E)

They also attempted to make it so the seeds of discord could never be purged from them, but no matter what they tried, these seeds remained inaccessible to them.

Spoiler: Granted Traits (click to show/hide)

Tachyon Everlord sent his Servants to gather the offenders and reason them, or failing that, bring them to Him. They were also sent to restraint Khthon.

Then the Major God of Change, Metal and Magic created a Monster, Kyberos. (1E) The being was placed in the Crystal World, close to the Drogos Hermits who lived there. Furthermore, he blessed them with a Blessing of Prosperity, also hoping the Seeds of Discord would be purged over the generations.

Spoiler: Kyberos (Monster) (click to show/hide)

------Razel------

Razel blessed the few remaining Gremnears using 1 Greater Essence. The Gremnears being so few, it caused all of them to become Heroes.

Then using the fuming ruins of the House of the Rising Sun, the God of War, Abominations and Depravity crafted a Heroic Artifact: the Mug of the Rising Sun.

[The Gremnears are now a people of Heroes]

------Mizunone[/glow], Ho no Yōsei and Kazenooto, the Seichō-on Kami------

The Seichō-on Kami created an Ecosystem in the First Stratum of Yggdrasil, made of many creatures. (1GE)

Afterward the Three Goddesses weaved in a new Greater Law around Yggdrassil. (2E)

------Innanis Dominus------

Innanis Dominus told Fyrma to lead as many as the Starborns in an Exodus away from Magaria. The Hero was told that the Starborns needed to grow as a race without the interference of the Dexoths.

Then with 1 Greater Essence, Fyrma was raised to the status of Legend, additionally granting her an aura of protection against magical danger.

------**/*****/**/*------

**/*****/**/* upgraded the Red Right Hand to the rank of Keystone (1GE+1EE).

------Kel------

Kel created a Divine Artifact, the Pandaemonium.

------Acter Nobody------

Acter Nobody created a System which was called the Legal System (1QE), as a way to control the Laws created by the Gods. The following laws were targeted by the nullifying effects of the System:
-The Law of Awesomeness Shielding
-The Law of Tentacle Hatred
-The Law of Dance Battles
-The Law of Furry Hatred
-The Law of Bovine Dancing Genius
-The Law of Theropod Superiority

Following that move, the Primordial God created a Greater Law, the Law of Urban Innovation.

------Manannan Silverhand------

Manannan Silverhand left the Divine Plane for the Mortal Plane, placing their offspring in the care of the Empire. The baby was told of its parentage and purpose, though merely being a baby, one wonder if the Dwarf actually understood the intent of its progenitor.

Using 1 Quintessence formed from the 2GE and 1E gifted by fellow Gods, the Major God gave a name to the Dwarf, Smitty, and raised it to the status of Ascendant. Despite being merely a baby, the Dwarf was gifted with intelligence and understanding far beyond the grasp of mortals, as well as many other gifts. Now all it lacked was maturity.
Then with 1 Greater Essence, the God then forged a Divine Artifact for them, the Spectre of Celestial Order, and sent Smitty to his rightful position.

With the Essences of its comrades (1GE 1E), Manannan Silverhand then improved the Emeralds of the Pure Ones to Divine Artifacts. He then told them of Smitty among many other things: dangers of the other jealous Gods, and the friendship with Dwarves. They were also told to be less inclined to murder, and to integrate the conquered equally.

With its last Essence, Manannan created 3 Lesser Essences to distribute Holy Books of the Pantheon across the Empire.

Then the God attempted to create a Servant.

"Hold on a second! 1GE/1E at the start, +3GE/3E from (Mavnon, Mpaïpmapma, Kel and Acter). 4GE/4E total.
-Blessings 2LE > 4GE/3E/1LE
-Ascendant 1QE > 2GE/2E/1LE
-Divine Artifact 1GE > 1GE/2E/1LE
-Upgrade to Divine Artifacts 1GE/1E > 0GE/1E/1LE
-Holy Books 1LE > 1E/0LE
-Servant 1E > 0E

Okay everything is in check."

[That was straining!]

A Servant was created, the Twisting Scribe. It was presumably left in the Empire.

------Mavnon------

Mavnon preached many virtues among the Holy Empire, and attempted to challenge the Grand Unified Theory of Sorcery to a Dance Battle. The System being a System, the challenge was left unanswered.

------Mpaïspmapma------

Likewise, Mpaïspmapma attempted the same with the Law of Dance Battles, to no avail.

------Foxmox------

Foxmox secretly turned purple with rage and acquired the Sphere of Vengeance. Using 1GE and 1E, the Major God of Possession, Youth, Fun, and Vengeance turned Nicolai into an Aspect of Vengeance, who was sent after Cross.

Then the furious God summoned the Protection Thingy and gave it to Nicolai. Finally, the Mimic was brought from the Divine Plane to assist Thousandtail in destroying the Gremnears. Afterward, the God moved to the Divine Plane, to its Realm.

------NPC Gods------

Helyx separated the Crystal World from all the other lands by surrounding it with an Ocean (1GE), extending from the Dexoth Ocean. A Monster was then created to roam this Ocean, the Carnassian, a great shark of voracious appetite.

This Ocean was named the Pearlescent Ocean.

[Pearlescent Ocean (Ocean)]
An ocean connected to the Dexoth Ocean, it separate the Crystal World from the rest of the lands. It is also connected to the Torus Continent.

------Votes------

"Voting has been opened! You may state who you will be voting for. Be careful, once a vote is stated and registered, it cannot be changed. Once a God obtains the support of 3 Major Gods, they ascend to the status of Primordial God."

Quote from: Votes
Open!

------Prophecies------

"An attempt at a refinement of the Prophecy system."

Quote from: Prophecy Rework
Rules:
-For now, Destiny Coins can only be used once per turn.
-Prophecies can no longer be erased for free.
-Every 5th Cycle, the Slab's state is erased clean. True Prophecies are not erased though.

------Destiny Coins uses and costs-------

1) Erase one of your Prophecies (1DC)

2) Target an entity of the World to:
-Guarantee a negative/positive outcome during the Carver turn
> The more precise the statement, the better the potential outcome
-Increase the odds of rolling better combat rolls as long as they are not facing a God

Tier 0: 1DC
Tier 1: 2DC
Tier 2: 3DC
Tier 3: 5DC
Tier 4: 7DC

3) Write a True Prophecy, an event that will happen no matter what.
> True Prophecies cannot be modified
> A True Prophecy cannot conflict with an existing True Prophecy
> Only entities of the World can be included in prophecies (Ema's Status), as such, Gods cannot be included in a True Prophecy.

Guideline for pricing: In general, a True Prophecy should cost twice what would that Prophecy reward if it were to fulfill.

------General Guidelines for Rewards Calculation------

You can't lose Destiny Coins from a "negative reward".

Actors:
"The tier of the non Gods involved in the Prophecy. Is considered an actor any Mortal or Creature, Artifacts and Laws are not considered Actors unless directly specified in the prophecy."

Main Actors and Other Actors Tiers difference:
Tier Difference +1: 1DC
Tier Difference +2: 3DC
Tier Difference +3: 5DC
Tier Difference +4 or more: 10DC

Tier Difference -1: -2DC
Tier Difference -2: -4DC
Tier Difference -3: -6DC
Tier Difference -4 or less: -12DC

Example:
"The Monster Tycho and his friends will travel to the Moon, where they will befriend Julius."
Main Actors: Tycho and his Friends (Tier 3)
Other Actor: Julius (Tier 4)
Tier Difference +1: 1DC
(Moon Travel) Very Unlikely: 5DC
(Befriend Julius) Unlikely: 3DC

Base Reward: 9DC

Gods Involvement:
The involvement of the Gods was direct: -5-1DC
The involvement of the Gods was indirect: +1-2DC
The involvement of the Gods was minimal: +3-5 DC
No Gods were involved at all: +6-10DC

Perceived Difficulty:
"At the time of writing, how likely it is for that Prophecy to occur."
Very Likely: +0DC
Likely: +1-2DC
Unlikely: +3-5 DC
Impossible: +6-10 DC

Mpaïspmapma: "Earth above and dirt below
House the sage and house the knave.
Carver, turn, that new suns glow!
Crone, arise, the world to save!
Sing for Chaos, Undertow,
That earth provides in deepest cave,
That clouds will clear, that sun will show
The handiwork the roosters gave:
The first of equals brought down low.
Rejoice! For fortune fears the brave!
"

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:18:13 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 11, 2018, 05:07:40 am »

CARVER TURN

The World grows more complex, more vibrant. Stories intersect, mortals live and die.

------CIVILIZATIONS------

------The Moon: Troubles on Magaria------

I- The Arrival of those from Dirt
The Holy Empire's Armies were scattered all over Magaria, and with their arrival a sudden winter befell on the Kingdom. Heeding the voice of their God, the majority of the Holy Soldiers contained their violent urges. But scattered, without supplies and in an unknown land, many a Soldier committed unlawful acts. Thieving and murder inevitably occured, casting a dark shadow on the relationships of the Army and the Magarians..

Magaria was in a state of chaos. The forces of Magaria were quickly summoned to restore order and deal with the strange threat, though Varma and the Serpent Kings ordered to avoid conflict if possible. With their powers and knowledge, they saw that the Pure Ones held incredible strength, and would surely lay waste to Magaria and destroy all their prosperity.

The Dexoths sent a message to the Pure Ones, telling them to leave Magaria peacefully. The Pure Ones obeyed, gathering their scattered soldiers. They eventually succeeded, though a new problem appeared: the sudden winter had killed the crops of the Magarians, destroying their harvest. The Magarians were stuck by a famine, and the Holy Army had no food left.

II- Hunger, and the Portal of the Moon
The Pure Ones were unable to locate the Portal to the Moon, and their men were starving. The Pure Ones prioritized their men over the Magarians, and stole the food of many border villages and town of Magaria, causing the ire of the Dexoths.

The Dexoths met with the Pure Ones, ordering them to leave this instant. The Pure Ones urged them to tell them the location of the Portal to Dirt, but no one in Magaria knew of the existence of the portal. The Dexoths combined their powers to divine the location of this portal, finding it had appeared in an isolated island on the other side of the Moon.

As the tension was about to burst, Julius appeared, calling for peace. He would use his powers to grow food for the Magarians and the Holy Empire's Armies, on the condition that no conflict erupted. Both parties accepted, and Julius used his control over nature to feed everyone.

III- The Departure of the Holy Armies and the Starborn Exodus
Crisis was averted, and the Magarians survived the unnatural winter thanks to the powers of the Aspect of Improvement. And then helped the Holy Empire Armies reach the portal with its powerful magic.

The Magarians had been greatly traumatized by these events. The Dexoths were worried by the power of the Pure Ones, as well as the intentions of the Holy Empire. They were a threat to the prosperity of Magaria, and as they had witnessed, the might of Magaria was far too weak to oppose them. These thoughts were shared by the Magarians, especially by those who suffered from the actions of the Holy Soldiers.

Once the Holy Empire Armies left, great change started within Magaria. The development of war magic and technologies exploded, and a great fortress was built around the Portal on the faraway island. It was named Baltaval, the Stronghold that must not Fall. Julius worked with the Magarians, especially the Dexoths. Julius had seen the Emeralds, and understood them. Reverse-engineering that knowledge, the Magarians started developping a weapon similar to the Emeralds.

[The Kingdom of Magaria averted a crisis, and is arming itself for the future.]
[The Magarians are now very wary of foreigners.]

In face of these events, Fyrma took many Starborns and left Magaria, heading for the uninhabited islands of the Moon. An agreement was reached with the Serpentkings: Fyrma and his people would not bother Magaria, and neither would Magaria bother Fyrma and its people.

It took a while for them to leave and settle elsewhere, and the journey was devoid of tragedies thanks to the powers of Julius. The new settlement was named Andaeuse. They started from before the Dexoths came, as per the will of Innanis Dominus.

[New Settlement: The Starborn Settlement of Andaeuse]

------On Tarrant: the Socks of Loyalty------

The arrival of the Pure Ones to Tarrant
Life was pleasant in Tarrant, the Socks of Loyalty were rebuilding their civilization, step by step. The rediscovery of their past knowledge and history was very slow, due to the focus on sustainability and the more lax nature of the Dwarves. Having known hardship, they were enlightened to a new outlook on life: it was good to enjoy life, the world was beautiful indeed.

[Dwarven Value: Enjoy life and the beauty of nature]

Great armies appeared one day, greatly worrying the Dwarves. Terrified of this unknown force, they had great difficulties believing the Holy Empire came as friends. Misunderstanding their intentions, they pledged loyalty to the Holy Empire, becoming pacifically conquered. An army was left to supervise and protect the dwarves, slowly turning the Socks of Loyalty into a province of the Empire.

Then the remaining armies walked toward the capital of the Empire, to replenish their forces and assess the state of their mission.

Meanwhile, the Iron Servitors underwent a crisis. They were made to serve the Dwarves and help them prosper. But now that the Dwarves had been conquered, what were they supposed to do? Free the Dwarves? Serve the masters of the Dwarves?

The Demons of the Lesser Sphere 1
"A storm has erased the existence of most of them."

------The Holy Empire of the Silverhand------

Before the return of the Pure Ones, the Näcke menace
In the absence of the Pure Ones and the Holy Armies, the Empire suffered from the ever growing raids from the Näckes. Several regions were lost to these monsters, and people started becoming afraid of bodies of water.

Before the return of the Pure Ones, the Rise of Smitty
It is said that one day, God appeared in Manus, the capital of the Empire. He sent to the Empire his son, so that the Empire may prosper. The Archpriest Smitty became the uncontested ruler of the Empire, and brought many improvements to the lives of the imperial citizen.

The Son of God taught the elite of the Empire how to better rule and manage their vast resources. With his knowledge of physics and vast intelligence, he slowly started industrializing the Empire. Though due to the loss of many fertile lands to the Näcke, progress had to be halted to focus on food production.

The return of the Pure Ones
Finally the Pure Ones and their armies returned, allowing the Empire to reclaim their lost lands.
Pure Ones: [9]
Näckes: [4]

The Näckes were annihilated by the Pure Ones, causing the survivors to retreat to the Torus Inner Sea. The armies of the Holy Empire were repurposed to work on industrializing the country. With all the focus on technology, the Empire soon forgot their scarce knowledges of the other laws that ruled the world.

[The Empire is on the path of industrialization]
[Gem Magic lost]

------The Magic Empire of Darselav------

The Drogos Legends and the Servants Tachyon Everlord
The Servants of Tachyon Everlord gathered all the Drogos guilty of practicing and spreading the Dark Arts. Before Herz and Montark stood Navursar the Dark Archsorcerer, the Six Dark Sorcerers, and the Immortal Emperor and Empress, as well as many mortal Drogos who dabbled in the arts to various degrees. The Servants were firm and clear, the Dark Arts would be forbidden or the wrath of the Gods would be swift. Having achieved immortality, the accused Drogos complied without resisting. They hadn't acquired immortality only to lose it so stupidly.

The Emperor swore to eradicate the Dark Arts from the Empire. The Archsorcerer was saddened, knowing the potential of the Death Gems of the Dread Mountains. Still, he followed his emperor's will and as did the other Sorcerers.

Naturally, the mortals who didn't achieve immortality were outraged at such unfairness. The Servants made a quick example of what would happen to those who would disobey, blasting them into dust in an instant. The terrified Drogos quickly switched camp, vowing to stop using the Dark Arts.

The Eradication of the Dark Arts
The Emperor passed a sudden edict. The Dark Arts were banned, and punishable of death. The illegal practitioners were hunted and executed as an example, greatly increasing the unrest of the country. Soon, the most fervent practitioner exiled themselves from Darselav, heading for the Dread Mountains which were rumored to hold the secrets of life and death. In time, these exiles created their own small country: Erseath.

A long period of terror and discontent swept over Darselav. Progress was halted, as even the Drogos unrelated to the Dark Arts were terrified by the new reforms.

Talavars harbored mixed feelings about the situation. Indeed, the innocent no longer suffered from the Dark Arts, but at what cost? Darselav had changed, for better or worse. And while very long lived, Talavars had now grown old. He was at the end of his life.

[Development slowed in Darselav]
[New Settlement: Erseath, the Drogos Settlement of the Dread Mountain]
[Dark Archsorcerer and Sorcerers renamed to Archsorcerer and Imperial Sorcerers]

As an aside, Khthon was captured by the Greater Servants.

------Maaltha'Rumyel-----

Preparing for the Future
The Ocean now pacified and fully in control, the Dominion of Kor'Shugareth prospered and grew undisturbed. Great castles and structures were built all across the Dexoth Ocean, and the Dexoths of Maaltha'Rumyel developped their magic and technological knowledges to unprecedented levels.

The expansion of their Ocean also granted them access to the resources of the Crystal World. The gems and crystals of the Crystal World held such purity the Dexoths could further amplify their magic. Then combining metals extracted from the volcanic areas of the ocean, they crafted new alloys augmented by magic. All of it culminated into the creation of Velthoi, a metal crafted from the most secret Dexoth techniques, combining magic arts and rare metals of the depths.

There were many types of Velthoi, their properties varying depending on the techniques used. The two iconic types were Inert Velthoi; an alloy extremely highly resistant to magic, so much that it was at first believed to be immune to it, and Pulsating Velthoi which was an incredibly magic amplifier. All types of Velthoi shared the reputation of being nigh-indestructible.

The Eye of Maaltha
To inaugurate the growth of the Dominion, the construction of a great artifact started. The Eye of Maaltha, a Velthoi Eye imbued with the strongest and more complex spells of Maaltha'Rumyel. With the resources of the Dominion, it was highly likely the resulting Artifact would have the strength of a Divine Artifact.

[Project: The Eye of Maaltha (Potential Divine Artifact)]
[Velthoi: Tier 1 Metal] (Items made of Velthoi are considered at least Magic Artifacts)

------Other Settlements-----

Erseath, the Drogos Settlement of the Dread Mountain
It quickly became apparent to the Drogos of Erseath that mirrors allowed to see... things. Figures and voices from another time, telling secrets of yore. Resuming their research on the Dark Arts, the Drogos of Erseath approached their goal of immortality, slowly but surely.

The Dexoth Dominions of the Land
The Dominions of the Land stagnated, locked in constant conflict against the invading Dexoths. But through an unthinkable act, the two Dominions managed to repel their enemies: they formed an alliance.

The Hermits of the Crystal World
Despite the isolation, the Hermits of the Crystal World thrived. The purity of the gems was such in there that their magical powers increased like never before. These seasoned mages lived scarce and tranquil lives spent researching the gems and honing their gemcraft.

The Dexoths of Tranullis
Life was harsh on Tranullis. The fleeing Dexoths managed to create new homes, but nothing was the same as before. The region was poor in magic energy, and was rich only in basic minerals. Fortunately they were alone, allowing them to develop undisturbed at their pace.

The Dominion of Num'Altha
With the Mindstone Crown, the Dexoth made of the other contestants his subjects. In his eye, they had proved worthy of such an honor by managing to travel through the Savage Continent. This country kept growing in size and might, though the nature of the Savage Continent greatly stunted its development. As a consequence though, all the inhabitants of the Dominion of Num'Altha were great warriors.

Unnamed Faraway Settlements
Nothing of note happened in these settlements. Some disappeared, some survived. None developped much.

------Adventures of Great Beings and Minor Groups------

Cross, Nicolai, Number 6 the Bloodking and the Gremnears
Cross the Aspect of War appeared before the Bloodking, ready to erase him from the face of Dirt. But before the Aspect could act, a portal opened and from it emerged Nicolai Possessed, the Aspect of Vengeance. The Aspect of Vengeance rushed at the Aspect of War, intent on destroying them.

Nicolai (+Protection Thingy): 18+2
Cross (+Bag of Tricks): 13+2

Cross attempted to trap Nicolai in Razel's realm, but Nicolai's power was greater and cancelled the ability. A vicious fight ensued above Razel's Jungle, the two Aspects fighting with the will to annihilate the opponent. They seemed evenly matched, until Nicolai managed to land a severe blow on Cross.
Cross has been wounded

Nicolai (+Protection Thingy): 17+1
Cross (+Bag of Tricks): 16+1
Warriors of the Past: 5

Upon being wounded by Nicolai, Cross realized with terror that dying to the hands of this Aspect would cancel his resurrection. Filled with rage, he summoned the Warriors of the Past and made use of all the powers at his disposal to eliminate his enemy. Nicolai effortlessly annihilated the Warriors of the Past, who were for the majority mere mortal souls. Yet Nicolai's rage was even greater, and once more Cross was overpowered.
Cross has been wounded [Perfect Defense 5]

Nicolai (+Protection Thingy): 11+1
Cross (+Bag of Tricks): 11+2
Nicolai has been wounded
Nicolai (+Protection Thingy): 12+1
Cross (+Bag of Tricks): 6+1
Cross...

Cross Perfect Defense allowed him to survive the mortal wound, and with renewed fury, he managed to wound Nicolai. But the battle was far from over, and the two Aspects kept clashing. Until finally, Cross was fatally pierced by Nicolai's Vengeance Weapon. The Aspect of War cursed and screamed, stating that he would return. But the Aspect of Vengeance silenced him by savagely mutilating his body.

...has been struck down.
Nicolai healed from its wound

And meanwhile, Thousandtail and the Mimic hunted the Gremnears to the last.
Thousandtail: 14
Mimic: 11
Gremnears: [10, 8]

The unmatched Gremnears were all eliminated by the Greater Servants, wiping the Gremnear race from the face of Dirt, as well as the Meat Pile.

Mavnon's preaching:
Mavnon preached many virtues among the inhabitants of the Holy Empire. A change of values started to occur in the Empire.

Galina:
Where is Galina?

Tycho, the Platypus and the Catgoo:
The three monsters decided to settle in Tranullis for the time being, to rest from all their adventures.

The Twisting Scribe:
The Servant, left to its own devices, wrote some propaganda to the glory of the Pure Ones.

The Yearning Ruin and Dvenu:
The Ruin kept hunting for Dvenu, following its trace wherever the Legend went. He somehow managed to escape and rest, healing its wounds. But right as he had recovered, the Ruin came again, forcing the Legend to resume running.

Dvenu recovered from its wound

Number 6 the Bloodking:
The Zixni thanked Gasnareth Imrep for answering his prayer. Then he set off to rebuild his kingdom, by rallying the few survivors of Maxin.

Adventurers of the Unknown:
-Urist:
Urist travelled beyond Tarrant, arriving in Darselav. The Dwarf was greatly intrigued by magic, and remained there for the time being.

-Obok:
Obok ended up in the Savage Continent, leading an exciting and dangerous life. He managed to survive alone in this land of many dangers, against all odds.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:26:51 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 11, 2018, 05:10:25 am »

Current Hierarchy

------PRIMORDIAL GODS (1QE / 2GE)------
Acter Nobody (Glass) [In Mortal Plane]

------MAJOR GODS (1GE / 1E)------
Maex (Roboson) [In Divine Plane, Realm]
Foxmox (FallacyofUrist) [In Divine Plane, Realm]
Tachyon Everlord (Rahx) [In Mortal Plane]
Gasnareth Imrep (crazyabe) [In Mortal Plane]
Manannan Silverhand (Maximum Spin) [In Mortal Plane, Holy Empire]
MPaïspmapma (Kilojoule Proton) [In Mortal Plane]
Razel the Beast of Battle (darkwarlock3) [In Other Plane, Realm]
Kel (Iridium64) [In Divine Plane, Manannan's Realm]
Eris and Discordia (randomgenericusername) [In Mortal Plane]
Inanis Dominus (Dustan Hache) [In Mortal Plane, Moon Core]
**/*****/**/* (The_Two_Eternities) [In Mortal Plane]
Mavnon (micelus) [In Mortal Plane]
Mizunone, Ho no Yōsei and Kazenooto (TricMagic) [In Divine Plane, Realm]

X'arilyg (Shadowclaw777) -Inactive- [In Other Plane, Realm]
Helyx, Great Creator of Oceans, Evolution and Chaos (NPC) [In Mortal Plane]
Aiwibhttjoikuboneschwëltom!ernauocks aka Ivy (IcyTea31) -Retired- [In Other Plane, Realm]
Elmedo the Afflatus (Sl4cker) -Retired- [In Divine Plane, Realm]

------MINOR GODS (1E / 1LE)------
None

The Slab of Prophecies

Spoiler: Active Prophecies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fulfilled Prophecies (click to show/hide)

State of Ema

"Too busy to be tired!"

Strain: Very High

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Heroes and Legends (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:45:14 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48