Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where to embark?

A cold forest
An ordinary plain anywhere on the map
Right beside a mountain

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)  (Read 17219 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
Re: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2018, 12:13:13 am »

I've currently got the save, and am trying to get my year done between life stuff xD If I've not got it done in the next few days I'll let you know so it can get passed on to the next guy.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2018, 06:24:30 am »

Looking forward to your update bro.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2018, 07:56:01 pm »

Sweet mother of Armok, I did not realise how big this town was xD this may be more than I can handle. I'll keep a copy of the save handy in case I can't hack it, but here's a rough intro;

Journal of Thikut "comicraider" Egastkubuk

1st of Granite, 253
I'm so confused.

One minute I'm enjoying some sweet potato wine with the boys in a taven outside Oatmeetings, then after I wake up from the blackout I'm apparently in a "dwarven town" called Mountainbreed. I asked around with the locals to find out where exactly I am and they tell me not only is this town run by a civilization called The Scoured Hames, which I have NEVER heard of, but they're never heard of The Banner of Souls, or the land of Entar as a whole.

In my drunken stupor I've seemingly ended up somewhere no mortal dwarf from Entar has ever been. Have I somehow swam to another continent in the south? Moved between worlds? Are the charcoal smoke and constant fiendish dust clouds finally chipping away at my fragile sanity?
The locals say I've been here since the town's founding three years ago in 250, and have been here since then. IT WAS MID-SUMMER 1071 A MINUTE AGO. Was it a dream? Am I even real? Could this all be a simulation on some bizarre contraption overseen by a sweaty drunken twenty-something who has forgotten what women are?

I'm so alone.

Nonetheless, After I awoke I had been informed by the overseer that I had been randomly selected to run the town for a year. Strange guy, quite pale. Where did these bite marks on my neck come from? Eh, whatever it was is screwed, I have- I'm getting off track.
Looking around the town I found great walls in varying stages of completion, so I should probably see to it that those get finished. As much as I like masonry, we did things a little different in The Banner of Souls. We had small surface towns outside the main fortress made of wood to flip off the Elves, which we would live in while we dug out the fortress itself then used to house visitors to the tavern. Since we all HAVE to live above ground for...reasons, I've decided to keep up my Soulite tradition in a different way.

The walls will be finished, and wooden housing will be built outside to house non-dwarf guests and non-essential residents, to save on stone and provide a buffer in the case of sieges. Also there's a big stone pit thingy with a dead goblin and ettin in it... 'kay.

The outpost liaison keeps lookin' at me funny. I could barely tolerate Urdim Edanrith back in Entar, and we grew up together. Watch yourself, pal.

...wait...SINCE WHEN WAS I A WOMAN?!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2018, 10:01:41 pm »

Pfft. Poor Comicraider. :P Yes! PISS OFF THE ELVES! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GIANT WOODEN SKYSCRAPERS! CUT DOWN ALL THE FORESTS!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2018, 11:09:17 pm »

The walls will be finished, and wooden housing will be built outside to house non-dwarf guests and non-essential residents, to save on stone and provide a buffer in the case of sieges.

The new overseer has declared an intention to vaste perfectly good unburned-charcoal on construction und cheap housing, rather than using it to smelt veapons und armour. Such vaste... und only now do I recognise her. It is the very same DISGUSTING, PITEOUS FOOL I caught smelting veaponmetal into doors vhen I first arrived! My legacy is to be tarnished by this... this... FURNITURE MAKER! Vhy must the fates torment me so?!

I am grateful that I turned most of our vood into charcoal for the forges before the end of my term. The damage this PATHETIC CREATURE can do has been limited by my GLORIOUS FORESIGHT und OVERVHELMING PARANOIA.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2018, 11:40:24 pm »

That's elf talk, bloodsucker!

One can always make houses out of charcoal~ :3

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2018, 11:45:03 pm »

What would a properly dorfy change to the last name of 'Adorf Hitler' be? We have Delerdorf for Stalin...
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2018, 03:44:24 pm »

...wait...SINCE WHEN WAS I A WOMAN?!

I guessed by your nickname that you were a girl... and also, I didn't pay attention to the sex of the dwarf when dorfing you :/
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2018, 12:54:49 am »

No worries, I literally never clock on to dwarf genders xD

In my own succession game (Usnuspstrasp/Sunshield) I just dorfed myself randomly and didn't realise they were female until I was randomly made queen xD

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2018, 06:14:03 am »

Guess it's tradition now...

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2018, 11:09:35 am »

I've taken to referring to myself as Quing of the Dwarves in that thread, hoping whoever currently has the save will rename the title xD

Speaking of turns, for whatever reason the save is lagging like all hell for me, so I'm gonna have to pass on my turn :( Shame, I was massively looking forward to it but I haven't had the FPS drop so low since I ran a 300+ population Mountainhome with an unnecessarily large dwarven reactor and all the caverns exposed. I don't wanna be that guy and use fastdwarf (even if I had DFHack for 44.10) so I'm pretty much stuck unless I end up taking a friggin month.

Looks like the tale of the deadpan hungover metalsmith from another world will have to wait until I can sort my CPU out, which may be a while. :'(

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2018, 08:29:10 pm »

Feelsbadman...

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2018, 07:50:18 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13830

Here's the link with the save before I got it. I'll keep my copy to see if I can sort the lag out in the meantime.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2018, 12:33:19 pm »

So, It's tonnot98 now, you up for It?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2018, 09:43:17 pm »

It's been more than a week. Imic, are you available to take the save?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11