Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where to embark?

A cold forest
An ordinary plain anywhere on the map
Right beside a mountain

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)  (Read 17041 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2018, 07:20:54 pm »

can I get a turn?

Sure dude, sorry, I didn't see your message at the time...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 11:11:46 pm »

I vote Kaemurl gets a nice tall tower with a hole down the middle leading to the temple to Armok where he can toss prisoners down to soak the walls with blood! Ahahahahahaha! Also, if you ever get an artifact hammer (gold or platinum) it needs to be given to him and he needs his profession renamed to Thor. Then if he winds up dead, continue giving the hammer to the successors and do the same. :D let's see how many 'generations' of people wear the badge armor and weild the weapon.

yes

also Imic, I sigged you.
love your sense of humor
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2018, 12:56:07 am »

Autumn update is here!

Frantic work continues. We have guard station build with only roof to be done, captain of the guard appointed and a few prison cells set up. In order to do that I allowed production of bronze.

I've also decided it is time to make furniture. I've tallied what we're going to need and had work orders set up to make sure our carpenter, Meng, actually delivers everything I need.

I traded with dwarven caravan for food, so I don't have to deal with farming, I don't have spare dwarfs for that.

Here is the progress on furniture:
Spoiler: Remaining furniture (click to show/hide)

And the buildings:
Spoiler: Autumn progress (click to show/hide)

I've decided to go with underground cells with rough floors. Prisoners are going to make do with a masterwork bed and masterwork chain only. Also, some of the living rooms are already furnished and first tenants are moving in already.

Looks like I'll finish one house and finishing touches on the other one will remain for next person in line to do.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2018, 02:01:51 am »

i really like the apartments. maybe we'll find water underground and get a pond.

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2018, 08:20:55 am »

Holy crap, tha's a lot of furniture...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 12:29:12 pm »

Caesar Josephus: I'm glad you like it.

GPeter: Yeah, it is. But each house has 48 apartments, so to furnush 96 apartments, 36 cells and an office, that much is exactly needed. Oh and some decorative doors, 6 of them. To separate indoors from the outdoors only.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2018, 12:36:22 pm »

Holy crap, tha's a lot of furniture...
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2018, 05:20:00 pm »

GPeter: Yeah, it is. But each house has 48 apartments, so to furnush 96 apartments, 36 cells and an office, that much is exactly needed. Oh and some decorative doors, 6 of them. To separate indoors from the outdoors only.
I like it! Decorating our town with masterwork wooden furniture will give it a quaint, rustic feel. And of course, wood is more comfortable than stone.

I'm sure wood has absolutely no properties that we may come to regret in the future.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2018, 08:23:27 pm »

I like it! Decorating our town with masterwork wooden furniture will give it a quaint, rustic feel. And of course, wood is more comfortable than stone.

I'm sure wood has absolutely no properties that we may come to regret in the future.

I'm pretty sure our overseers are pretty capable of avoiding it... PREEEEETtY sure  :-X

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2018, 09:06:28 pm »

My turn is done. I'm tired now though, so I'll write the report later. Sorry for the delay.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2018, 09:49:53 pm »

No problem dude.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2018, 02:59:21 am »

The final update:

Luckily, there were no complications during winter too. I have finished one of the houses. Now, with the exception of 3 babies, each dwarf has his/her own place to live. There were enough married couples willing to share a room so they all could fit in 48 apartments. (66 out of 69 dwarfs accommodated)

Guardhouse is finished too. Some cells need furnishing though, but all materials are queued for production.

The unfinished house has all materials ordered too. But it may take a while, production of all 765 wooden blocks needed may last a little.

I've been building the walls during the winter. Designate it and let the dwarfs to build it piece by piece. Simple enough, what can go wrong?
Spoiler: Dwarfs can get stuck (click to show/hide)
In retrospect, I should have designated the floor only and wait for it to be finished before designating fortifications. Lesson for next time.
Now that it has come to this, I decided to add scaffolding. If left to their own devices, the dwarfs would finish the construction eventually, but it would be too late for the dwarfs stuck on ramparts. Scaffolding will add total workload for the dwarfs and increase total time needed to finish the construction, but it will allow to save the stuck dwarfs before they die of thirst.

And it worked. Some of the scaffolding is constructed and the thirsty, hungry dwarfs were able to get down. Now here is the total progress:
Spoiler: Total progress (click to show/hide)

There is training area for Fortress guard (The Caves of Righteousness) designated in the guardhouse. Also, I like to build stuff from blocks!
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
Not that there is anyone training anywhere at the moment, I've had all dwarfs help with the construction. But military dwarfs have their equipment (or have they? When I made an armour suit for Kaemurl, the axedwarfs were all over it like locusts), so they can respond to any threats by assigning a kill order to the squad. They are on the slower side however, so it may be necessary to add a burrow and issue a civilian alert to avoid necessary casualties until the military strolls in range.

Spoiler: Downtown (click to show/hide)
The meeting hall is with both drink and prepared food stockpiles. I've tried assigning it to a tavern, but the dwarfs socialized and not worked, so I removed the tavern and left it as plain meeting area. I suspended preparation of food, because the food stockpile got so full that new roasts were left in kitchen to rot. Drink is being brewed as barrels are emptied.

And finally, list of our dwarfs:
Spoiler: Dwarf list (click to show/hide)

As for the walls, I planned to make the walls roofed and towers open air, but I didn't make it in time. Next turn is Ququasar's I think, so it is your call. ;) You have plenty of building materials at your disposal:
Spoiler: Blocks galore (click to show/hide)
Here is the save: http://kametec.housen.cz/save/mountainbreed.7z
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:02:03 am by Kametec_Housen »

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2018, 04:53:57 am »

As for the walls, I planned to make the walls roofed and towers open air, but I didn't make it in time. Next turn is Ququasar's I think, so it is your call. ;) You have plenty of building materials at your disposal

Thank you for your kind vords of introduction, former overseer. I haf a few of my own before ve get back to vork. Don't vorry all, zis vill not take long.

First things first...

BE GRATEFUL YOU FILTHY TINY HORRIBLE LITTLE SCHVIIINE! I, Headmistress Qvazar Murkpainted, haf decided to bring to you some much needed DISCIPLINE!!!

Look around yourselves, tell me what you see! Actually, no, vait. Vot you see doesn't matter, because you don't matter. None of your pitiful vasted lives matter! Vot matters is vot I see, und do you all know vot it is I see before me? Vell? Do you?

I see luxurious granite apartments! Tell me, vot haf each of you DISGUSTING LUMPS done to earn the right to vallow pathetically in an apartment made of stone and furnished vit comfortable vood? NOTHING, THAT'S VOT! You should be vallowing pathetically in the blood of your enemies!

I see an unfinished vall upon the hill! Vot right do you have to cower safely from goblins behind great und powerful stone valls while your kinsmen in the hillocks to goblin blades? NONE! YOU HAF NO RIGHT! You should be cowering upon the battlefield, clad in finest steel armour, atop a mountain of corpses!

I see other things, too!

An untrained militia ve could count on the fingers of one hand! PATHETIC!

Spoiler: Militia! (click to show/hide)

Exploratory mining efforts that have yielded nothing but tetrahedrite and galena! PITIFUL!

Spoiler: Exploratory Mining! (click to show/hide)

Fisherdwarves! YOUR VERY EXISTENCE OFFENDS ME TO MY COOOOORE!

I got here just in time, it seems. I dread to think vot vould haf happened if zis terrible state of affairs had been allowed to continue under ze PITIFULLY VEAK UND UTTERLY PATHETIC command of your DISGUSTING TAPEWORM-RIDDEN PILE of a former overseer!

Kametec: "I'm... still here, you know."

Zhat's vhy I said it. Yeesh. You really need to learn to take constructive criticism a bit less personally, Kametec. Vot you need to do is take it on board und grow as a person YOU PATHETIC SCROTUM SACK OF VORMMILK!!!

Anyvay. Vot vas I saying before I vos so rudely interrupted?

Oh, that's right. Be varned, dvarves of Mountainbreed. Zere's going to be zum changes around here, und I vill NOT! TOLERATE! DISSENT!

I AM NOT KIDDING, PEOPLE! I HAF KILLED BEFORE, UND I VILL KILL AGAIN!!!

OBEY!!!!!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2018, 06:07:17 am »

My beautiful town is growing  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11