Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where to embark?

A cold forest
An ordinary plain anywhere on the map
Right beside a mountain

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)  (Read 17037 times)

TheLostCow

• Bay Watcher
  • What am I going to do with all these bodies?
    • View Profile
Re: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 02:27:37 am »

The macedwarf sounds great  :D

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 03:59:16 am »

Spring has just came to an end. Not much happened so far. Only a minor disturbance when a goblin with a big bag came. It didn't look it's packed with presents, so I send bunch of axedwarfs after him.
Spoiler: It was quick (click to show/hide)

I had a nice corpse pit built for him.

I couldn't decide what we need the most. I decided to go with two projects for the moment. We seem to have a goblin neighbours, so a wall will surely come in handy. And some housing for us wouldn't hurt either. I decided to start on the northern border. It is nice flat area. Apart from a hill and a bunch of trees. Nothing our woodcutters and miners cannot handle, I'm sure.
Spoiler: Untamed wilds (click to show/hide)

Migrants have arrived:
Zuglar Uzolkokeb, great beekeeper
Obok Stibmerfikod, great bone carver
Rovod Sefoltekkud, great fishery worker dabbling stonecrafter
Tosid Oslanalath, great clothier
Zefon Siknugkadol, great miner
Fatch Bothonlogem, novice farmer
Kogan Athelnosing, great animal trainer
Kaemurl, mercenary, competent macedwarf
Solon Regnazom, great presser
Oddom Zasitidek, great stonecrafter
Bomrek Tunomkivish, great bookbinder
Atis Kedzaneg, great woodcrafter

I can use them. It is going to get busy around here.

Dwarfs have taken the task with enthusiasm.
Spoiler: removing hill (click to show/hide)

With the hill and trees gone, we can start building hour new homes. We'll need materials and lots of them. From now on, there are only 5 jobs allowed in this fortress. Each and every dwarf will be one of: miner, carpenter, mason, hauler, construction worker. No exceptions. When we run out of wood, I'll add a woodcutter to the mix. There are lots of work to be done and time is short. So I want to see a flawless workflow of raw wood and granite hauled to the workshops, there lots of blocks cut and then taken to the construction. Come on, we can do it!
Spoiler: Construction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hard at work inside (click to show/hide)

Season change caught us hard at work. It is now summer and we're building like there's no tomorrow.
Spoiler: Progress so far (click to show/hide)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 05:46:25 am »

Wow...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 05:55:38 am »

That's... Quite impressive, to say the least.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 06:06:22 am »

I have a question though, what will you do with all that space outside the Houses? is it going to be like a statue park or something similar?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 06:10:48 am »

Yep, statue garden. ;)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 06:16:21 am »

Interesting design, might use on my own fortresses as well, no copyright problems, ok?

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 06:28:40 am »

Sure, go ahead. It can be made bigger, I usually build it with ~10 apartments on the outer side and a pond in the middle, but now I have just 1 year to make it and no water source.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 07:45:20 am »

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:03:20 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2018, 07:55:19 am »

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyera.

LOL! This deserves a special quote.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2018, 09:51:25 am »

Yeah, about that legion... I kind of want that one back, it was my favorite. I suggest you send it back before I send the other legions  8)

Also could we get a full map of the fortress so we can start pre-planning where us future overseer's are going to put our projects? it would be nice because I'm thinking we have different districts to put like a market place and the park and the library and the temple to the god of blood.
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

I would be careful... Kamatec may seem jovial, but he secretly leads an endless legion of Lawyers.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2018, 10:01:09 am »

Yeah, about that legion... I kind of want that one back, it was my favorite. I suggest you send it back before I send the other legions  8)

Also could we get a full map of the fortress so we can start pre-planning where us future overseer's are going to put our projects? it would be nice because I'm thinking we have different districts to put like a market place and the park and the library and the temple to the god of blood.

Temple to Armok is easy. Build over the magma sea and have a pyramid in the middle with a hole leading alllllll the way to the surface (or top of map) to drop prisoners down. :3 Then they splatter all over the pyramid and coat it in blood, just like he wants.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Caesar Josephus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2018, 11:34:30 am »

No no no you got it all wrong! That's too easy, simple and obvious! You're supposed to build a pyramid that reaches max z level up and covers the town. As a bonus feature you pump magma above the town to the outskirts to be dropped. This way your dwarfs can worship and protect the dwarven caravan.
"What could possibly go wrong?" - Quill18

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2018, 05:16:14 pm »

It's time for another quarterly update. Autumn just came. Summer was quite uneventful, apart from churning out blocks, only four noteworthy events occurred.

(1) Human caravan came. I was actually thinking whether I should mention it. They had some cloth, thread, food and booze, we had some spare golden crafts. Now we have some cloth, thread, food and booze and they have some golden crafts.

(2) I've been thinking about setting up justice system. With 44.10 around, I've seen tantrums being thrown quite often and I am vaguely remembering reading that sheriff/guards can cut tantrum spirals short. I'd like to verify it and so I want to see if I can manage to get prison standing before spring rolls around. As for the justice person, I'm thinking about Kaemurl, competent macedwarf. We have access to ores needed to smelt bronze, so bronze armor it is. But since he is going to hold special position, I'd like his equipment to be special as well. I've noticed a few (2 exactly) bismuthinite boulders in our stock and it occured to me: I'll have him wield bismuth bronze armor and a silver mace! I needed more bismuthinite, but I've read on wiki it is found in small clusters in granite. We are literally sitting on granite, so I've decided to do some exploratory mining:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And soon it was found!
In orthoclase? So much for small clusters in granite...

(3) One of our masons made an artifact quern. I wish she made a millstone instead, I consider them superior to querns.
At least I now have a legendary mason available. That means more blocks more quickly. No complaints about that.

(4) And finally, our outpost has been promoted and we now have to deal with a privilege of having a mayor.
I'll leave town hall for someone else to build. With justice system in place we better pay attention to mandates though. I have a feeling they are going to be demands of:
Buckets. Could be worse. By the way, have you ever sold a bucket?

And total progress halfway through my turn is like this:

My goals are to:
  • Provide housing to our dwarfs. Two houses are needed to accomplish that.
  • Build a part of the walls. It is a project for multiple years and it would be superb if it gets completed before goblins come.
  • Build a house for Kaemurl to do dwarven justice in.

After seeing my progress until now I've began to wonder if I can make it in time. I wanted to pass the save with my projects complete and made all efforts to build as quickly as possible. I'm having blocks made on large scale and the production can keep up with designations. But the building itself is the bottleneck. Every dwarf not busy hauling wood or stone or making blocks is helping with the constructions, but they cannot keep up. Let's see how much progress I can make during autumn and I'll decide what to do when winter arrives.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:31:36 pm by Kametec_Housen »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2018, 05:28:05 pm »

I vote Kaemurl gets a nice tall tower with a hole down the middle leading to the temple to Armok where he can toss prisoners down to soak the walls with blood! Ahahahahahaha! Also, if you ever get an artifact hammer (gold or platinum) it needs to be given to him and he needs his profession renamed to Thor. Then if he winds up dead, continue giving the hammer to the successors and do the same. :D let's see how many 'generations' of people wear the badge armor and weild the weapon.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11