Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Path To Glory, (Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Warrior SG)  (Read 866 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Path To Glory, (Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Warrior SG)
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:21 pm »

You are a Norscan, strong and proud, devoted to the Dark Gods of your ancestors. You are a Warrior of Chaos, dedicated to one of the Four, or each in equal measure, and your highest goal is to attain the honor of Daemon Princedom, and achieve immortality in eternal service to that which you worship.

You've become a man in your own right, and have left your tribe to forge your own path. The way will be fraught with flesh-tearing mind-rending danger, and should you fail in your quest, your soul is forfeit, damned to never-ending torment, or at best, cessation of existence in oblivion. Like your ancestors and your kinsmen, you wouldn't have it any other way.

You've begun to walk the Path To Glory, and you will reach its end, or you will die trying.

Most Marauders are fodder, to be thrown into battle and slaughtered wholesale. But you, you're different and the Ruinous Powers have taken notice. How do you stand out?
[Choose Two]

Your strength is unparalleled, and your might leaves your peers in awe. [+1d4 melee damage, +2 carrying capacity]
You're hardier than the rest, where they fall, you stand tall, throw back your shoulders and laugh. [+4 HP, +1d2 HP recovery, +2 poison resistance]
You're quick on your feet and never stumble or miss a shot in a game of hatchet-throw. [+2 to stealth, +2 to hit-chance, +2 to dodge chance]
You're quiet as a mouse and cunning as a serpent, when you don't want to be found, you won't. [+4 to stealth, +2 to thieving]
Your skill at arms is unmatched, even among the greatest in your old tribe. [+4 to hit, 20% chance to crit instead of 10%]
You're as educated as a Northman can be, and have a deep understanding of the world.[+Literacy, +2 to lore, speak 1d3 languages]
Your tongue is keen as silver and smooth as silk, with a word, you can convince almost anyone to do almost anything. [+4 to speech]
You're greedy to the core, and have great talent in both haggling for what you want and taking it from bodies of the slain. [+2 to bargain, +2 to looting]
All Norscan are devoted to the Dark Gods, but your unflinching fanaticism would make a raving cultist's blood run cold. [+1d2 to Favor acquisition, +1 to Blessing quality]
You're massive and built like an ogre, next to you, the others might as well be children. [+1d4 melee damage, +2 carrying capacity, +4 HP, +2 poison resistance, +2 to intimidation, -2 to stealth, +20% armor cost][Two Choices]
Your soul can see what others cannot, the Winds of Magic flow at your command, and in-time, great sorcery will be yours. [+Magic is unlocked][Two Choices]

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:45:49 pm by Ardent Debater »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Path To Glory, (Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Warrior SG)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21:06 pm »

Not sure if we can pick a name and or gender or something but for now I'll say we should take the giant trait
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 03:38:45 pm »

>Your soul can see what others cannot, the Winds of Magic flow at your command, and in-time, great sorcery will be yours. [+Magic is unlocked][Two Choices]
>You're as educated as a Northman can be, and have a deep understanding of the world.[+Literacy, +2 to lore, speak 1d3 languages]

Magery is superior.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:51:34 pm »

+1 to being a mage.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:22:11 pm »

+1 to being a giant
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 07:10:56 pm »

>Your soul can see what others cannot, the Winds of Magic flow at your command, and in-time, great sorcery will be yours. [+Magic is unlocked][Two Choices]
>You're as educated as a Northman can be, and have a deep understanding of the world.[+Literacy, +2 to lore, speak 1d3 languages]

but that two choices thing means we only get it and nothing else from my understanding...it does say chose two after all, and mage and giant have the tag two choices on it...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 07:14:21 pm »

Ah. I assumed it was two choices regarding which Winds we can see.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 10:36:12 am »

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 10:45:09 am »

I'm voting for:

Magery is frankly the superior build in WHF.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 06:22:30 pm »

Your soul can see what others cannot, the Winds of Magic flow at your command, and in-time, great sorcery will be yours. [+Magic is unlocked][Two Choices]

+1

Does this mean we're automatically going for Tzeentch?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 06:37:00 pm »

Still voting for giant

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 09:11:04 pm »

Nurgle, Slaanesh, and Undivided are also options for mages. Khorne doesn't like mages.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 09:15:02 pm »

Main reason I don't want mage is because magic can screw over the user just as much as it would have the enemy if something goes wrong from what I recall from fantasy. And I would rather not be screwed over in a major way at the start where we can't afford to lose a arm so easily. Besides we can become a mage later with a gifted from Tzeentch when losing an arm won't be an issue.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 03:50:42 am »

I vote for giant.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 03:58:01 am »

I'll vote for Giant as well. Mage is cool, but if we're a scrub tier dude magic in warhammer isn't a friendly force, even more so for Chaos dudes, and ending up as a gribbly thing after failing to cast a spell isn't cool. If we do end up as a not scrub tier dude being a chaos sorcerer is cool, but so is a chaos warleader and if we ascend to a demon we'll probably get their inherent magic ability anyway. And the path to demonhood I think is maybe slightly safter though the warleader path, given that not ending up a gribbly thing is still a concern, and there's nothing quite as tanky as a chaos warleader with some nice chaos dwarf armor. Although certain chaos sorcerers gota be like the tankest freaking sorcerers around.