Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130602 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:24:05 pm »

Welcome to Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!

This Gridhood is going to be similar to Supernerd's Gridhood: Bay12 edition.  However, there is one major difference -- Gods can now have an aspect, through which they can gain additional FP's!  I will bold any differences from Supernerd's Gridhood.  Players are advised to read the rules carefully.

Those of you not familar with Gridhood, I suggest you take a look at Supernerd's Gridhood to see how the game progresses.  Basically, you have civilization players, and you have god players.  Civilizations settle in a tile and have workers they can use to perform actions, such as foraging a tile, researching a technology, or praying to a god.  Gods can perform divine deeds such as creating land at a tile, creating weather, or zapping people; however, they are limited in what they can do by the amount of FP (Faith Points) they have, which is generated every turn in several different ways.

Note that in Gridhood, new rules get added as the game progresses, and players are advised to check here frequently.

Things do not happen until they appear in a turn update.  Thus, it is impossible for new civilizations to appear on the first turn, as there is no land.  For conflicting actions on the same turn, such as two gods creating land on the same tile, the first action posted takes precedence.  FP spent on actions that conflict with another is still used.

I will try to update this at least every 2 days, though it is always possible that I will get busy with something that causes a delay.

Some notes about inactivity:

Every player requires some book keeping, slowing down turn processing.  Even the gods; every turn has to be scanned through to see if their aspect gets triggered.  Inactive players increase GM work and turn processing time without contributing anything in return to the game.  Therefore, players who are inactive for 3 or more turns -- even gods -- will be removed.

You don't necessarily have to take any actions to avoid removal.  Simply posting to express interest in the game is sufficient.  If you are on vacation and can't do anything, but still want to play, post in the thread saying so.  I'll let players on vacation who still want to play stagnate for as long as they need.

Playing as a civilization
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Playing as a God

Spoiler: The Bronze Age (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:03:36 am by Zazmio »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:25 pm »

Turn 0

The world is a formless void!

Technologies known by all:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:16:29 am by Zazmio »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:04:48 pm »

Totally going to start playing this. Just as soon as some tiles start existing.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:16:34 pm »

For next turn:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:17:26 am by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 10:53:43 pm »

Farsky
I will PM you my Aspect, In fitting with it's name Never mind just going to post it, Titans. I actually hinted at this in my poem in gridhood tribal uprising, no one picked up on it
I create a river that goes through D4, E4, and E5
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:59:28 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:27:12 am »

I am Nagas, God of Snakes!

Nags puts a swamp at I6 and saves the other two FP for now.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 08:50:51 am »

I’ll wait until next turn, but here’s a sheet.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:56:08 am »

Mabel, god of Demihumans

Add a Forest at E3, a plains at D3, and a hill at C3
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 02:29:23 pm »

I'll be one of the unlikable gods pushing everyone to kill each other.

Malvol, god of Slaughter.

I'll put plains at H4 and H5, and swamps at I5.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 04:43:28 pm »

I’ll wait until next turn, but here’s a sheet.

Pick a trait.  Then resubmit.   8)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 04:46:08 pm »

Wait what? I was under the impression that Civilizations could not start playing until land existed, and that nothing exists until the update actually happens. So it shouldn't be possible to get established at D4 yet?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 04:49:09 pm »

Wait what? I was under the impression that Civilizations could not start playing until land existed, and that nothing exists until the update actually happens. So it shouldn't be possible to get established at D4 yet?
I’ll wait until next turn,

You know, for someone who antagonises everyone else for not reading... :P

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 04:58:29 pm »

I do not understand what Maximum Spin is talking about. I was referring to the GM's comment telling the person to pick a trait and resubmit. This seemed odd to me because I was under the impression that you couldn't submit a civilization application for a nonexistant tile, and the GM's words in that post appear to contradict that.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 05:00:34 pm »

I do not understand what Maximum Spin is talking about. I was referring to the GM's comment telling the person to pick a trait and resubmit. This seemed odd to me because I was under the impression that you couldn't submit a civilization application for a nonexistant tile.
I'm not letting him claim a tile before the turn is done.  Relax.  :) I meant for him to resubmit after I finish doing the turn.  Which I am doing now.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 05:17:19 pm »

Turn 1

Noteworthy Tiles:

Godly actions of note:

Farsky, God of Titans arrives!  He gestures, and riverlands arise at D4, E4, and E5!

Nagas the Snake God arrives!  With a thought, I6 becomes a swamp!

Mabel, God of Demihumans arises!  She(?) creates forest at E3, plains at D3, and hills at C3!

Malvol, God of Slaughter arises!  With a malevolent thought, plains are created at H4 and H5, and swamp at I5!

Godly status:

Attention civilization players!  You may now settle a tile!  If you tried to settle before this turn report, you must resubmit!  You can't claim a tile beforehand!

Technologies known by all:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:25:37 pm by Zazmio »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 119