Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130947 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2018, 06:04:23 pm »

All 10 Cait Sith workers are working on Magical Flight this turn.

If it doesn't work that way, we'll sure to get a bunch of Magic Research this turn. If it does work, we can focus on Magic to build Houses. That's FP for you each time we build more, not to mention FP whenever we make more workers, or train people in magic.

Keep in mind that you don't even have Simple Spells researched yet.  You're in the stone age, magically speaking.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2018, 06:09:35 pm »

Another thing of concern: Malvol appears to demand bloodshed. The Jotun Oligarchy's newly created orchard was not protected, so the last thing the Giants wanted to do was upset any god - let alone the most bloodthirsty one of them all! After some discussion it is decided that one of them would travel to the battleground that Malvol created and fight for his amusement.
It's a gift with a cost (or hopefully a gift worth a small ongoing conflict), not a demand for sacrifices. Forage and fight, not stand there looking for a fight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2018, 06:29:36 pm »

K then..

Having Communed with Izzith, the god of Magic, the Cait Sith realize the work they have yet to do.

Therefore, new orders are handed out, to everyone's sadness.

Cait Sith
2 pick up the crude spears to fish at J-1,
Another 2 pick up crude spears to fish at K-1.

Meanwhile, 1 worker researches Simple Spells
5 workers research to advance their knowledge of Magical Theory to the next level.

Also, I really only have Flight, and Creature Taming on my wish-list. But if I need a circle to get it, then by Yggdrasil I'm going to get it!

And I don't really want it added to a tile, but all Cait Sith. Which is obviously going to take a lot of work for us to do.

Also, on what conditions does Izzith gain FP from us?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:19:50 pm by TricMagic »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2018, 07:55:44 pm »

I recommend having explicit instructions in your orders, such as "X workers do X at X with X".  Leaving vague orders lets me interpret them in stupid ways.  Also, if you put more workers than needed into researching or building something, the excess workers will not automatically go and do something else productive.  There is a chance that they will pick lint from their navels or take naps.  You can't order workers to do something if something happens, either.  So, "10 workers research whatever, then any leftover workers research somethingelse"  will not necessarily result in "somethingelse" getting researched.

When researching techs, and you have something like "3 of ?" researched, you have to make a guess at what the ? is.  If you guess wrong, and put more workers than is needed, you might end up wasting labor.  That is by design, and there's no way to make sure that excess workers do what you want.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2018, 09:45:19 pm »

15FP for adding a second trait sounds good in this context because it is a tile improvement, which another god can take away by removing the tile.

What would it cost to add a second trait to a civilization, not from visiting tiles but like having a second inherent trait? That was what I think Cait Sith was trying to do and why I ballparked it to around 50.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2018, 10:23:02 pm »

So we're talking about a super powerful artifact or land that adds a new useful trait to an entire civ?  How about we say, 30 FP to add the second trait, then doubled after that to 60 for the third, 120 for the fourth.  For a one-shot artifact or land.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2018, 03:01:48 am »

I'm kinda hoping for Mabel and Blarg to pitch in too.
I'm not really sure what your wanting me to pitch in on, and I probably won't have enough FP to help with what your wanting to achieve for a while.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2018, 06:13:19 am »

Eh, that will do.

And it's Flight, specifically the flight from Alfheim, the Wings of Light/Mana.

Also, to actually use such an artifact, you should need your entire civilization using it.
That way you need enough food to perform such an action.

Since it would be to add a second trait to the race.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2018, 06:16:56 am »

Turn 12 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Godly actions of note:
Amastay changes a worker of The People into a Champion Warrior for 9 FP!  Then he tries to create an artifact, but fails.  (5 minimum cost for artifacts)
Mabel creates a Bountiful Basket at D4 for 5 FP, and another Bountiful Basket at B3 for 5 FP.
Blarg spends 5 FP to teach the Zebras at G7 tool use.
Farsky puts 11 FP into the project "Demihuman Colossus," finishing the project!  A Demihuman Colossus is created in H5!

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 3 FP!

Civilization actions:

Orassan Empire
3 workers forage at B3 and find 4 food.
2 workers build 2 crude tools.
2 workers finish up Primitive Spearmaking.
1 worker researches Farming.

The People
3 workers forage at I4 with 3 crude tools and find 9 food.
1 worker forages at H4 with 1 crude tool and find 4 food.
4 workers research Primitive Spearmaking.
2 workers pray to Amastay.

The Xekarni
3 workers finish putting together the training field at I5.  Amastay gets 4 FP!
Goruk and 2 workers hunt at H5 with 3 crude spears and find 7 food.
2 workers research Poisonous Plants.
1 worker gathers reagents at I5 and finds 2 reagents.

Dipnoi Republic
3 Workers hunt in H6 using 3 Blowdarts and find 9 food.  Blarg gets 1 FP!
3 Workers forage for Food in I7 and find 9 food.
3 Workers research Primitive Barricades.
3 food is spent to make 1 worker.
The giant anaconda is fed 3 food.  (does not count as an action)

Jotun Oligarchy
2 workers and 1 Greenthumb harvest the Orchard at C4 and get 14 food.
3 workers forage for food at C4 and find 10 food.
1 worker travels to C3 to attack anyone else on the tile.
The worker enters C3 with death on his mind.  He finds a pack of dire wolves, as expected.  However, strangely, they don't attack, but run from the giant!
The giant gives chase.  The wolves lead the giant to a hilltop.  There, standing defiantly on the hilltop and clutching a spear, is a scarred and tattooed man.  He pets the wolves, clearly friendly with them.  Tattooed on his chest is a potato suckling at a wolf's teat!
"You desire death then, giant?" says the tattooed warrior.  "Very well, I am happy to oblige!"  And he charges!
An epic battle ensues!  The tattooed warrior is too fast and skilled for the giant!  Eventually, the giant, bleeding from multiple pricks of the spear, becomes exhausted.  The warrior delivers the killing thrust, and the giant is slain! 
Malvol thoroughly enjoyed the battle!  He gains 5 FP!  The Bushes of Empowerment sprout berries!
3 workers begin research on Gigantic Housing, but decide to finish Gigantic Construction instead.  The tech is completed!
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.

Cait Sith
2 pick up the crude spears to fish at J-1, and find 4 food.
Another 2 pick up crude spears to fish at K-1, and find 5 food.
1 worker researches Simple Spells and the tech is completed.
5 workers attempt to further their knowledge of Magic Theory.  1 point is put into Advanced Magic Theory before the research stalls because something is missing.  1 point is put into Writing, and another point is put into Early Philosophy.  2 workers are confused and do nothing.

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:33:08 pm by Zazmio »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2018, 06:44:51 am »

Orassan Empire

5 civilians forage B3 with crude tools and carry back their spoils with a bountiful basket
2 civilians research farming
1 civilian makes a crude spear
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:15:24 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2018, 07:08:46 am »

((0cra, you got a gift this last turn that might help your current actions.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2018, 07:44:20 am »

Ugh I was really hoping to get FP from that research. I was hoping to get 3FP from that so I could make a 10FP tile this turn but it looks like I'm still waiting.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 05, 2018, 08:04:42 am »

okay, edited
it's over

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2018, 08:08:26 am »

okay, edited
About your turn, maybe I'm confusing this with a different Gridhood but I don't think you can construct a tool and use it on the same turn. You definitely can't both construct and do a second action with one guy, constructing a tool uses his labor. Might want to change that icefishing dude.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2018, 08:15:16 am »

okay, edited
About your turn, maybe I'm confusing this with a different Gridhood but I don't think you can construct a tool and use it on the same turn. You definitely can't both construct and do a second action with one guy, constructing a tool uses his labor. Might want to change that icefishing dude.

oh
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 119