Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130808 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #585 on: June 16, 2018, 10:37:36 am »

Nagas Zaps one worker of the Hidden Monastery with mastery over the python-style martial arts! The python-style martial arts mainly involve crushing things in the martial artist's fearsome grip or embrace. And by "mainly" I mean "entirely". This costs 3FP!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 16, 2018, 11:06:48 am »

Shouldn't the Bloodberried workers have fought back? I can understand how it may or may not work, but I didn't see any reference to them in the combat.

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy identifies the threat that the seagulls pose, and immediately prepare to avert the threat in the future. All available workers immediately drop what they are doing and begin research on a weapon that can attack from range; a device known as a Sling used to hurt stone at high speed. Next time they have to deal with the seagulls they do not intend to lose.

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:24:45 am by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 16, 2018, 02:41:22 pm »

Farsky is grateful
Thank you everyone for supporting my divine project. With that I put my three fP into the titangate project
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 16, 2018, 02:54:51 pm »

((The worker healed this turn is still marked 'injured'.))

The Xekarni

Confident in the security provided by the new sentry routines, the tribe as a whole explores the horse-prophet's celestial visions with heightened fervor.
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 16, 2018, 04:59:18 pm »

((The worker healed this turn is still marked 'injured'.))

Fixed

Shouldn't the Bloodberried workers have fought back? I can understand how it may or may not work, but I didn't see any reference to them in the combat.

The 2 that ate them this turn don't get the bonus until the end of the turn.  In any case, I don't think the bloodberry buff would help much against a horde of flying crazed carnivorous seagulls.

Keerim
Make the research boosting birds of paradise on J9 permanent

A permanent research boost would be very, very powerful.  I don't even know how much it should cost.  What do you guys think?  50 FP? 100?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:06 pm »

It would be a minimum of 30 in my game, but FP generation is much slower in my game. I'm thinking the equivalent in your game would maybe be 100 FP?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 16, 2018, 05:20:37 pm »

It depends on the potency of the research boost to me. Using the Swamp of Strength, I would say 10 or 15 FP for a pzrmanent boost applying to basic and semi-intermediate techs, as in those costing less than 10RP.

Or maybe 15FP minimum if we are using creature costs, in which case you could also have these birds migrate randomly if you feel their effect starts going out of hand.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2018, 05:59:30 pm »

I'll also mention that I'm pretty sure that seagulls are substantially smaller than humans, let alone giants. The bones of any normal bird would need to be hollow so that they are light enough to fly which makes them pretty vulnerable to blunt attacks such as punches.

Know what? I'm just going to assume that the "Year of the Bird" effect on them was simply astronomical and multiplied their strength by no less than 500%, to be able to fight against eight giants and take no casualties.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2018, 06:18:15 pm »

I'll also mention that I'm pretty sure that seagulls are substantially smaller than humans, let alone giants. The bones of any normal bird would need to be hollow so that they are light enough to fly which makes them pretty vulnerable to blunt attacks such as punches.

Know what? I'm just going to assume that the "Year of the Bird" effect on them was simply astronomical and multiplied their strength by no less than 500%, to be able to fight against eight giants and take no casualties.
Sure, a giant could swat a single seagull and crush it, assuming he managed to hit it.  But we're talking about a crazed flying horde, diving at you repeatedly and biting at your eyes.  I don't think any amount of super speed and strength would help much.  It's kind of like if you step on a mound of fire ants.  One or a few fire ants are easily crushed, but thousands of them swarming your leg is another story.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2018, 06:23:26 pm »

Well, we do have fire breathing horses :p

I imagine that the Giants reenacted a live version of The Birds movie. With super seagulls.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2018, 09:57:45 pm »

Well, I would still think the Giants would hit the FIRST seagull that went at them with their longer reach.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 16, 2018, 11:42:13 pm »

Keerim
Make the research boosting birds of paradise on J9 permanent

A permanent research boost would be very, very powerful.  I don't even know how much it should cost.  What do you guys think?  50 FP? 100?
What would it cost to keep it, but have it restricted to bird related things? ex. a martial arts style that emulates the movement of birds
Or maybe make it weaker, like 1.1 research be worker used?(not sure what the boost is though)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:44:00 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2018, 12:06:08 am »

Or maybe make it weaker, like 1.1 research be worker used?(not sure what the boost is though)
0.1 bonus research per worker would be pretty reasonable, I guess.  You could make a flock of birds that give that bonus when they're in your tile.  How about we say 10 FP per +0.1 given.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 17, 2018, 12:14:44 am »

0.1 bonus research per worker would be pretty reasonable, I guess.  You could make a flock of birds that give that bonus when they're in your tile.  How about we say 10 FP per +0.1 given.
Ok, cool
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 17, 2018, 05:14:25 am »

Turn 21 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 2 FP!
The Year of the Bird has passed!

Godly actions of note:

Holo adds 5 FP to the divine project "Titangate".  Then Holo spends 1 FP to teach the Jotun the proper way to use sickles!  (Note:  does not force the Jotun to use them the right way!)
For 3 FP, Disci Zaps discipline into a Cait Sith writer.
Keerim makes Birds of Paradise at J9 for 10 FP!  Then Keerim increases the intelligence of the Violent Man-eating Seagulls at C4 for 5 FP!  Then Keerim adds 4 FP to the divine project "Titangate".
Blarg spends 5 FP to give the gift of woodworking to the Zebras.  Blarg adds 3 FP to "Titangate".
Nagas Zaps one worker of the Hidden Monastery with mastery over the python-style martial arts for 3 FP.
Farsky adds 3 FP to the divine project "Titangate".

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
1 Worker trains to become a Snake Tamer.
3 Workers and 1 Snake Tamer hunt in H7 with 4 Blowdarts and 1 Tame Giant Anaconda and find 12 food.  The Pygmies, awed by the Giant Anaconda, watch the party from hidden positions  Nagas gets 3 FP!
3 Workers research Mud Brick.
3 Workers research Architecture.
4 Food is fed to the 2 Tame Giant Anacondas.
The injured worker rests.

Hidden Monastery
3 workers forage food on J8 and find 8 food.
2 workers forage wood on K8 and find 7 food.
1 master cobra-style martial artist and 3 workers research Wood Cutting.
3 food spent to create a worker.

Orassan Empire
3 workers work at the farmland at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket and get 15 food.  Holo gets 1 FP!
1 worker researches wooden structures.
2 workers get bed rest to heal.
3 workers forage for wood with 2 crude tools at B3 and get 7 wood.
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3 and gets 3 food.

Cait Sith
1 Philosopher argues.  Izzith gets 1 FP.
The 4 Apprentices attempt to restart research on Advanced Magic Theory.  The tech is still stalled. 1 apprentice realizes that books are probably necessary to make spellbooks, which are also necessary.  1 apprentice thinks that some kind of material to make books out of must be researched.  1 apprentice plays grabass with the philosopher.  1 disciplined apprentice rereads the back section of Arcanum Botanicum that describes some kind of mysterious building.  He now thinks the name of it might be "Hegwerts".
2 workers grab crude Spears and fish at J-1 and get 6 food.
2 workers grab crude Spears and fish at K-1 and get 5 food.
The Writer bathes in the Fountain of Rebirth.  It's like the writer is reborn!  The writer becomes demihuman and extra magical!  Mabel gets 3 FP!  Izzith gets 3 FP!

The People
3 workers forage at H4 with 3 crude tools and find 11 food.
3 workers forage at H5 with 3 crude tools and find 10 food.  The workers are awed by the palace of Bakhon the Wondrous in the distance.  It makes them feel inadequate.  The People get 1 tech point in tech Djinn Restlessness.
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity, The half-secretary bird with a crude spear, and 1 worker with a crude spear hunt at H4 and find 8 food.

The Jotun Oligarchy
2 workers research Stonecrafting and the tech is complete!  Amastay gets 2 FP.
7 workers, 2 workers (ate bloodberries), 1 bountiful gatherer and 1 Greenthumb worker research Slings and the tech is complete!
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.
4 Food is spent to create a new worker.  Farsky gets 1 FP!  Mabel gets 1 FP!

The Xekarni
Goruk sentries at I5 with 1 crude spear.
5 workers research Equestrianism.
1 horse tamer, 2 spear warriors and 1 worker research Equine Fire*

The Merfolk Council stagnates.

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:28:52 am by Zazmio »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 119