Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130288 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #645 on: June 18, 2018, 03:52:27 pm »

Hidden Monastery

3 workers forage wood on J8
3 workers forage food on K8
2 master martial artists and 2 workers research Body Strengthening
(If they finish it - continue with Deep Meditation, that should allow for both 'pausing' metabolic processes or focusing on swiftly burning energy to draw insight from the mind depths)

(Very delighted to see activity around the Monastery grow, we'll see how it goes)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 18, 2018, 04:35:57 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy resume their work. They consider that they will require a vast amount of stone to upgrade their housing but they don't have any particularly good places to harvest it. They immediately think of Amastay. One of the Giants asks Amastay to create a land where they can collect large amounts of stone because they need 88 more stone for their Giant Stone Houses.

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:37:51 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 18, 2018, 05:04:17 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy
Food stockpile started at 23.5 food.
Consumed 22.5 food
1 food fed to snakes
Collected 26 food.
Food is currently 22
Food should be 26
The most likely cause of the error seems to be that you added the 4 food to the turn description, but not the spoiler.
Fixed, thanks
I believe that destroying an artifact of great power should take at least 3 gods spending 5 FP each. So long as said artifact is not super destructive to everyone.

Anyone with 3 FP can replace any tile, assuming there's no protection.  One god could spend 100 FP on a tile, and then have another god replace it with a desert for only 3 FP.  It's a big problem with special lands.

This makes me wonder if it is really even worth it to make special lands, with the current rules.  You could do great things with artifacts, probably just as much as with lands, but they currently can't be destroyed.  Maybe I should allow a destruction Zap that targets artifacts.

Hay Zazmio awhile back people were talking about civs getting a second trait is there a chance that gods could get a second aspect, I'm mostly curious if it could happen. Also do civs get fire or do they have to research it?

There is currently no plan to give civs a second trait.  It might be possible to effectively give a second trait to a civ using shitloads of FP.

And yes, you can add to the power of a tile without completely changing it.

Edit:  Yes, the civs already have knowledge of fire.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:00:05 pm by Zazmio »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 18, 2018, 05:09:36 pm »

Anyone with 3 FP can replace any tile, assuming there's no protection.  One god could spend 100 FP on a tile, and then have another god replace it with a desert for only 3 FP.  It's a big problem with special lands.

This makes me wonder if it is really even worth it to make special lands, with the current rules.  You could do great things with artifacts, probably just as much as with lands, but they currently can't be destroyed.  Maybe I should allow a destruction Zap that targets artifacts.
Personally, I think that is possibly one of the best parts of the rules. It prevents any one god player from getting too uppity and encourages spreading your power out into a lot of small projects instead of pouring power into a single tile, which is a dynamic I distinctly like. I do think an artefact-destruction Zap is a good idea as well for the same reason!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 18, 2018, 05:14:41 pm »

In my game, high quality tiles are a symbol of one god's superiority over the others, because they are expensive and take twice as much power to protect than they do to destroy. That is why there are so few tiles that are better tier than "Special" in my game.

The trick is to get maximum benefit from the tiles without upsetting other gods.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2018, 05:16:56 pm »

So, um, that ribbon I was going to make earlier, intended to aid in exploring...
I still wana make it, just wondering where to put it.
Anyone want it?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2018, 05:48:18 pm »

Malvol decides to float off, to a land more well-suited towards himself. Before leaving, he spends 20 FP on C3. The bushes now forever sprout berries, as normal plants would. They are now more powerful, and especially potent for those going on violent missions.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2018, 05:51:03 pm »

Give it to the monestary or to cait sith.
They are both highly interesting and go to places.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2018, 06:13:13 pm »

Mabel
Create a Fey Hair-Ribbon at J9. One that weaves this ribbon into their hair will change into a magical demihuman well-adapted for the terrain they're in, and will keep shifting as they move from place to place or the tile changes about themselves. This enables the wearer to explore freely and to easily self-sustain during their travels, as well as providing a measure of protection from threats. Removal of the hair-ribbon will return them to their normal form.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 18, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »

I think the Seagull hate thing pleased Malvol.

I wonder where Malvol plans to go? Is there another game I should be looking into?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 18, 2018, 06:55:19 pm »

Give it to the monestary or to cait sith.
They are both highly interesting and go to places.
Malvol needs that last FP or he will poof away instead of float away.

I think the Seagull hate thing pleased Malvol.

I wonder where Malvol plans to go? Is there another game I should be looking into?
I don't have the anti-moral fortitude to play a god of slaughter. I no longer know where he is, but it's probably not to another game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 18, 2018, 06:56:50 pm »

Be reborn as a new god then. That okay GM?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 18, 2018, 07:34:39 pm »

Some of the runes describe how one can practice self discipline.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 18, 2018, 07:45:01 pm »

Amastay spends 3 fp to replace the forest at E3 with a mountain range.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2018, 08:22:23 pm »

I don't have the anti-moral fortitude to play a god of slaughter. I no longer know where he is, but it's probably not to another game.
That sucks.  The game might get a whole lot nicer with your going, which might mean a more boring game.  I know it can be kind of stressful being the bad guy.  I think you were doing real well, though.  You and the Xekarni both.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 119