Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130263 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2018, 10:40:55 pm »

"Blarg, we're cold-dwelling felines."
"So what if I make it a magical Boreal mangrove forest instead?"

Quote from: Mabel
Create a Frozen Demihuman Forest at B3 for 5FP, All people born there will be hybrids of both humanity and the species best pertaining to their personality.
Mabel
Protect B3 with all 3 of my FP, or if more efficient, directly oppose Blarg's action as long as it is changing the tile B3.
"Blarg, WHY? After I put that much effort in you decide to just muscle your way in specifically to mess me up? If you wanted to do this then where were you earlier, BEFORE I had expended so much effort on that area? Move your efforts one tile over."

"Why can't you two just agree on making a Magical Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest?"

Oh, Blarg, why not just change the forest type to a Boreal Mangrove Forest? Keep Mabel's Frozen Demihuman adjectives.

Comes to, "Frozen Magical Demihuman Boreal Mangrove Forest" Or replace it with Icy for "Icy Magical Demihuman Boreal Mangrove Forest"

There, Done..

Unless we're going to have our first God War... Please Don't..

edit: Icy and Boreal both mean similar things, don't they..
"Magical Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest" this comes to the same as Ocra's suggestion.

You're just changing the Climate and Land. Keep the Magic/Demihuman effect.
"Frozen would mean that it was cold all the time and you couldn't make farms, but boreal you at least get some time you could farm. So I'm gonna make every one happy and make it a Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest so it keeps the magic Mabel made and isn't so cold you cant farm there."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2018, 10:53:50 pm »

"Blarg, we're cold-dwelling felines."
"So what if I make it a magical Boreal mangrove forest instead?"

Quote from: Mabel
Create a Frozen Demihuman Forest at B3 for 5FP, All people born there will be hybrids of both humanity and the species best pertaining to their personality.
Mabel
Protect B3 with all 3 of my FP, or if more efficient, directly oppose Blarg's action as long as it is changing the tile B3.
"Blarg, WHY? After I put that much effort in you decide to just muscle your way in specifically to mess me up? If you wanted to do this then where were you earlier, BEFORE I had expended so much effort on that area? Move your efforts one tile over."

"Why can't you two just agree on making a Magical Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest?"

Oh, Blarg, why not just change the forest type to a Boreal Mangrove Forest? Keep Mabel's Frozen Demihuman adjectives.

Comes to, "Frozen Magical Demihuman Boreal Mangrove Forest" Or replace it with Icy for "Icy Magical Demihuman Boreal Mangrove Forest"

There, Done..

Unless we're going to have our first God War... Please Don't..

edit: Icy and Boreal both mean similar things, don't they..
"Magical Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest" this comes to the same as Ocra's suggestion.

You're just changing the Climate and Land. Keep the Magic/Demihuman effect.
"Frozen would mean that it was cold all the time and you couldn't make farms, but boreal you at least get some time you could farm. So I'm gonna make every one happy and make it a Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest so it keeps the magic Mabel made and isn't so cold you cant farm there."
"Oh. If you're just planning on adding to or optimizing the design, that's fine. I thought you were going to overwrite it entirely. My apologies."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2018, 11:03:22 pm »

The People
3 workers forage at H5
3 workers forage at I4
1 worker forages at H4
3 food is used to create a worker
If you could throw a prayer my way every once in a while, I can keep making things for you.

If you want...
You have a point. It would be nice to have a tile directly above or directly to the right of my home tile, if you're taking requests.

Any particular kind of tile?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2018, 01:38:10 am »

"Oh. If you're just planning on adding to or optimizing the design, that's fine. I thought you were going to overwrite it entirely. My apologies."
"Only wanted to make a small change, not completely destroy it."

(Also would have given a reason for what I was doing earlier but I had to take my aunt to the airport, which is a couple of hours away and I had no access to the internet on the way there.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2018, 04:55:49 am »

Turn 5 - Year of the Wolf

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Godly actions of note:
For 5 FP, Blarg replaces the Frozen Demihuman Forest at B3 with a Boreal Demihuman Mangrove Forest!
For 5 FP, Farsky creates a Land of Massive Magical Mammoths at D5!
Nagas creates tropical swamps at A3 and at B2.

Civilization actions:

A Blood Red Meteor streaks across the sky!  It's a portent of doom!  The howling of hungry dire wolves echoes throughout the land!  The Year of the Wolf has arrived!

Dipnoi Republic
1 worker researches Mud Survival.
2 workers research Blowdarts.
3 workers forage for Food at H6, finding 5 food.  Blarg and swamp foraging have lost that lovin' feelin', for now.
3 Food is expended to create 1 worker.
As the Dipnoi workers forage at H6, they are attacked by Dire Wolves!  They manage to retreat back to their muddy lairs, but one worker is injured!

Orassan Empire
2 workers forage at B3, finding 3 food.
1 worker researches Coldlands Survival.
2 workers research Tool Usage, and the research is completed!
Suddenly one night, hungry dire wolves attack the settlement!  One worker is eviscerated before the Orassans drive them away!  Malvol, god of Slaughter, pops wood!!  He gains 3 FP!!!

Cait Sith
1 worker researched Primitive-Spear Making, and the tech is completed!
2 workers forage for food at J1, finding 3 food.
2 workers forage for food at K1, finding 4 food.
6 food is spent to make 2 workers.
The Cait Sith hear the howling of wolves!  The wolves are unable to get to their settlement as it's surrounded by dense vegetation and brackish water!

The Xekarni
2 workers hunt at H5, finding 4 food.
3 workers forage at H5, finding 5 food.
1 worker crafts 1 crude spear.
As the hunters and foragers return to their settlement, they are attacked by dire wolves!  The hunters kill many dire wolves before they're driven off, which are butchered for 6 more food!  However, upon returning home, they find that the lone worker left home has been eaten by wolves!  Malvol, god of Slaughter, enjoys the bloodshed!!  He gains 4 FP!!!

The People
3 workers forage for food at I4, finding 7 food.
3 workers forage at H4, finding 5 food.
1 worker prays to Amastay.
3 food is spent to create 1 worker.
Dire wolves attack the settlement of The People and are driven away!  2 workers are injured and cannot work next turn!

Potato Pirates
3 workers forage at E4, finding 7 food.
2 workers pray to Blarg.
3 food is spent to make one worker.
Dire wolves attack the settlement of the Potato Pirates!  The newly created worker is carried off in the jaws of a wolf!  His fate is unknown!

The Jotun Oligarchy
4 workers forage for food at C4, finding 9 food.
3 workers forage at D3, finding 8 food.
1 new worker is created at the cost of 4 food.  Farsky gains 1 FP!  Mabel gains 1 FP!
The Jotun foragers return to find dire wolves rummaging through their settlement!  The wolves flee when the giants return!  One primitive house is destroyed!

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:57:59 am by Zazmio »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2018, 05:28:47 am »

((Hunting should provide Malvol with FP in the same manner as how swamp foraging empowers Blarg, right?))

The Xekarni

The tribe revels in the killing of beasts and begins to give praise to Malvol, lord of slaughter.

Meanwhile, a chance observation makes them aware of the dangers posed by certain barbed plants growing in the vicinity of their home. They seek a means of exploiting them to enhance the lethality of their weapons.

3 workers research poisonous plants

1 creates a crude spear

1 prays to Malvol

2 new workers are created
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2018, 05:54:44 am »

What the hell, this is not okay!

Orassan Empire

>Have 2 people work on 2 crude tools before having another 2 forage their home tile.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2018, 07:06:47 am »

You know, This is why I chose the mangrove. It's easy to live in, there's steady food,(Especially with another made) and we have swampland to our south, meaning that once we stabilize, we can expand there.
The fact that getting to us is so difficult helps.

For now I'll have:

Cait Sith

3 workers create Crude Spears.
It appears working in groups of two is more efficient-
2 workers forage at J1.
2 workers forage at K1.

Cait Sith: Foragers, be on the lookout. Do not try to engage, but remember if you see them, and report once you return. And keep each other safe.

OoC(Is it true that 2 people can receive the same food numbers as 3 in mangrove forests?)

Also, I don't want to have to deal with mechs while all I have is a Fishing Spear. I want my Wings of Flight at least.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:10:08 am by TricMagic »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2018, 08:45:56 am »

Potatoes:
2 peeps forage at E4
2 guys pray, to Blarg
1 guy learns to make metal!
Blarg, Can you make some ocean tiles pls?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:45:46 pm by Leodanny »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:00 am »

The People
3 workers forage at H4
2 workers forage at I4
1 worker prays to Amastay
2 workers recover from their injuries

If you're taking requests, Amastay, I'd like a river tile above me and an ocean tile to the left.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:11 am »

Potatoes:
2 peeps forage,
2 guys pray, to Blarg

I think to obtain metal you'll need a mining tool to cut apart a rock with ore inside.
it's over

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2018, 11:03:04 am »

He needs a LOT to make metal. But if he just works chunks of rock he finds on the surface that contain ore in them, he can bypass the mining requirements. Im mostly wondering how he'll learn smelting without fire, and smithing without tools.

I reccomend aiming for fire and clay before worrying about metal.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:05:09 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2018, 11:11:49 am »

Potatoes:
2 peeps forage,
2 guys pray, to Blarg

I think to obtain metal you'll need a mining tool to cut apart a rock with ore inside.
I was thinking to like grab the ore out of the swamp, because that is possible, right?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2018, 11:12:21 am »

Well, thanks.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2018, 11:14:12 am »

Mabel
Begin making an artifact, Seed of Ice, initially located at B4.
This artifact, while actively tended to by a worker, will gradually (but permanantly) convert whatever tile it is in at the time to a cold-weather variant of itself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:15:48 am by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 119