Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130066 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2018, 08:05:40 am »

Blarg spends 5FP to change the G7 into a large abandoned and ruined two story building with a large park with a small pond in the middle, and to protect the Zebras from the snakes the building is surrounded by a large flat and cracked area made of a light gray stone that has randomly placed hunks of rusting metal. Blarg names this place Willamette.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2018, 09:40:06 am »

This would have been nicer if it didn't happen this turn..

Cait Sith
5 workers figure out basic Magical Theory.
2 of these grab 2 crude spears in case Snakes attack.
2 workers will pick up spears and Pray to Mabel near their injured tribemates.
Once again, in case Snakes attack.

Finally, all workers will focus on retreat and defense rather than offense if Snakes attack.

"And we'll all be together in this frightful time."

Question, GM, can the injured workers help out with Magical study? Or simply Pray to Mabel?Answered-

Also, this is 6 different actions rolled together, logistics did come in handy~
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:23:59 pm by TricMagic »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2018, 09:59:26 am »

Hey Nagas, can you work on turning all empty tiles into proper land, or even make an artifact ☼everfrost sword of snakes☼ for us? There's better things to do than ruin it for civilization players.

Also, I'm assuming wounded civilians can't work due to injury.
Orassan Empire
3 civilians forage B3 with 3 crude tools
1 civilian researches primitive spearmaking
1 civilian researches farming
2 additional civilians are born
1 civilian gets bed rest to help heal the injury
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:01:27 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2018, 10:35:58 am »

Pretty sure Snake is on the Zodiac, as is wolf as dog from a quick google search.

If I can get Animal Taming to Lv. Max, maybe I can snag Cait Sith some dragons.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2018, 10:43:41 am »

The People
2 workers forage at H4 with 2 crude tools
2 workers forage at I4 with 2 crude tools
2 workers research Plains Survival
3 workers pray to Amastay "Please, replace this mountain with a river!"
3 food is used to create a worker
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2018, 12:04:49 pm »

I'm thinking of making a resource tile. This tile creates consumable luxuries, which either increase how hard pops work for a turn, or allow going over the housing cap with no problems, while it lasts. It stops being created if there has been no sapient bloodshed on the tile for a few turns.

Is this tile possible, and how much would it cost?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2018, 12:06:01 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy is a bit concerned about the events that happened. While they didn't particularly appreciate having a neighboring tribe so nearby, the existence of Giant Pythons capable of such destructive force was a concern.

While the Jotun Oligarchy did have many food related concerns, it seems as though their size helped to alleviate the non-food related concerns. Past events suggest to the Giants that the year of the snakes will not last for long, and work can continue uninterrupted. During this time of fortune the Jotun Oligarchy decides to pay their respects for the gods that have assisted them.

(I am not sure if foraging a tile with 2 kinds of workers uses 1 logistics or 2. Either way my action should work as it would use 4-5 logistics. Also, Should the Potato Pirate settlement still be on the map?

One last curiosity. If the mammoth gave fp to Farsky, and is a MAGICAL mammoth, should that have also gave FP to Izzith?)

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:11:37 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2018, 12:17:55 pm »

This would be 4. Foraging is a single action, regardless of who goes.

I am interested to see how the GM handles workers having spears for a non-hunt/fish action though..

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2018, 02:18:23 pm »

The Xekarni

The tribe quickly becomes aware that the northern plains have been swarmed by great long-legged beasts. Naturally, the hunters decide to investigate.

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 03, 2018, 02:37:32 pm »

Dipnoi Republic

Tragedy! We have angered Nagas, and paid the consequences...

Spoiler: Dipnoi Actions (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2018, 03:03:55 pm »

Hey Nagas, can you work on turning all empty tiles into proper land, or even make an artifact ☼everfrost sword of snakes☼ for us? There's better things to do than ruin it for civilization players.
um, that's pretty rude, you know I didn't cause the snake plague, right? I didn't even do anything this turn.

Nagas gifts a giant, possibly slightly magical, tame anaconda to the leader of the Dipnoi at I6 for what I hope will just be 5FP! They can use it to eat their enemies, and it is a sign of Nagas' favour!

He then sends a herd of dangerous but otherwise nonspecial tame (which I now know cost 5FP) cobras to the Jotnar at D4!

CHOSEN OF NAGAS, DEVOUR THE WORLD!

For a further 5FP, he places a Serpent Jungle at J4! A Serpent Jungle is naturally full of serpents, and anyone who spends too much time there becomes snekkier and may eventually turn into a naga! I'd like for this change to be heritable if it doesn't increase the cost. Afterward, normal 1FP oceans are placed at G5 and G6 to complete that oceanic belt, a normal swamp at K4, and normal rainforest at J7 and K5, K6, and K7! Even though he is slightly miffed at the Orassans, he also kindly places mangrove forests at A2 and A4. That's it for now unless anyone has any suggestions.

Total cost, currently: 24FP
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:11:45 pm by Maximum Spin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2018, 03:08:25 pm »

I suggests Nagas make nagas. :p don'cha want snakepeople?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 03, 2018, 03:10:57 pm »

I suggests Nagas make nagas. :p don'cha want snakepeople?
dude
For a further 5FP, he places a Serpent Jungle at J4! A Serpent Jungle is naturally full of serpents, and anyone who spends too much time there becomes snekkier and may eventually turn into a naga! I'd like for this change to be heritable if it doesn't increase the cost.
yes :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2018, 03:15:55 pm »

Oh my, I missed that.

Mabel
K1. Magical +, demihuman. Cait sith will surely develop flight via magic if assisted in magic.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:21:27 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2018, 05:17:18 pm »

Injured workers must spend a turn recovering (and only recovering), unless you have some way to heal them.

I'm thinking of making a resource tile. This tile creates consumable luxuries, which either increase how hard pops work for a turn, or allow going over the housing cap with no problems, while it lasts. It stops being created if there has been no sapient bloodshed on the tile for a few turns.

Is this tile possible, and how much would it cost?
I'll say... 5 FP.  But if it does both increasing productivity and increase housing cap, that would be 10 FP.

Nagas gifts a giant, possibly slightly magical, tame anaconda to the leader of the Dipnoi at I6 for what I hope will just be 5FP! They can use it to eat their enemies, and it is a sign of Nagas' favour!
5 FP.
Quote from: Maximum Spin
He then sends a herd of dangerous but otherwise nonspecial tame (wait, can I make them tame and have them still be nonspecial? pls feedback) cobras to the Jotnar at D4![/b]
5 FP.
Quote from: Nagas
CHOSEN OF NAGAS, DEVOUR THE WORLD!

For a further 5FP, he places a Serpent Jungle at J4! A Serpent Jungle is naturally full of serpents, and anyone who spends too much time there becomes snekkier and may eventually turn into a naga! I'd like for this change to be heritable if it doesn't increase the cost.
I'll say 5 FP.  I'll rule that if an entire tribe turns into a certain type, then future new workers will be that type.  If you're trying to make a whole tribe's new workers become Nagas after just one worker interacts with the tile, that would be a lot more powerful.  I'll say... 15 FP.

Oh my, I missed that.

Mabel
K1. Magical +, demihuman. Cait sith will surely develop flight via magic if assisted in magic.
Please describe your tile in more detail.  We need a post we can reference in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 119