Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 131031 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #315 on: June 05, 2018, 08:32:59 am »

Blarg Spends 4FP to protect G7.
"Anybody hurt or kill my Zebras will get stabbed."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2018, 08:51:25 am »

Nagas, confused at realising he forgot to do anything yesterday, and not really remembering what his plans were supposed to be, upgrades H6 to a Snekky Swamp! Which is a swamp full of snakes, obviously. The snakes are friendly, but will still eat people. They just do it nicely.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:40 am »

((The Potato Pirates live on! Or rather, the one that got snatched by wolves a while back.))

The Xekarni
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:59:49 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:50 am »

Cait Sith before you continue research can you turn some of your guys into Apprentices? It says that Apprentices research faster and also it might get me some FP as well. Once I hit 10FP I'll spend it on a tile near you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 05, 2018, 09:52:07 am »

>.> @ efficiency raising his popcap is actually the most efficient option. Popcap -> new workers (with boosted magic and give you FP). New worker - apprentice with boosted magic (giving you FP again), and then apprentice with boosted mag researches the enchantment he wants and casts it (giving you FP yet again)

So if you want his FP soonest, you should boost his popcap. Twill probly only cost 5 FP to give him more/better housing.

Mabel
no action
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:54:00 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2018, 10:48:25 am »

The People
The champion worker and one regular worker finish researching Primitive Spearmaking
3 regular workers forage at I4 with 3 crude tools
3 regular workers forage at H4 with 1 crude tool
2 regular workers make 2 crude tools
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:29 am »

>.> @ efficiency raising his popcap is actually the most efficient option. Popcap -> new workers (with boosted magic and give you FP). New worker - apprentice with boosted magic (giving you FP again), and then apprentice with boosted mag researches the enchantment he wants and casts it (giving you FP yet again)

So if you want his FP soonest, you should boost his popcap. Twill probly only cost 5 FP to give him more/better housing.

Mabel
no action
You already improved Cait Sith's home tile, turning the people there into demihumans. I had assumed me replacing that tile would be considered a hostile act because it would stop you from getting FP from them. If you are fine with me replacing that tile than great!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2018, 11:55:46 am »

My main issue is that I only have 3 tiles I can forage on.

Cait Sith

2 workers grab crude spears and fish at J-1.
2 workers forage at J-1.
2 workers grab crude spears and fish at K-1.
2 workers forage at K-1.

2 workers will research .... a way to improve gathering range.
(Read as boosting our range that we can perform actions in by one tile, Cause we only have 3 tiles we can find things in right now.)
What would work here though...?......

4 workers research writing.

This is all I can do, since I have no idea how to boost my range without being able to boost my number of workers...
Which requires more food than I can sustain here without dedicating them all to diminishing returns.

My position may be great defensively, but being stuck with 3 tiles instead of five slows my growth. I'll need Basic Map-making if I want to get anywhere.

...Can someone give us a Compass?

Also, you could replace the tile to our south with a Meadow/Plain with a Large Lake.
Maybe add a magic effect to it like our current tile if you wanted.
But mostly to make finding reagents easier.

Meadow with a large Lake, with many Magical Plants

That should do for K-2. We can gather reagents there.

Meadow with Lake is the land, and Magical Plants is the Additive.

Optional: give K-1 many magical plants. No need to change the tile. Still would like it at K-2 though, Swampland isn't that good for fishing.. Wetland would be better there. But Blarg is currently teaching Zebras how to Civ.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:58:25 pm by TricMagic »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 05, 2018, 12:09:42 pm »

Mabel
no action
You already improved Cait Sith's home tile, turning the people there into demihumans. I had assumed me replacing that tile would be considered a hostile act because it would stop you from getting FP from them. If you are fine with me replacing that tile than great!
Theres other options than targeting tiles.
Artifacts for example.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 05, 2018, 12:28:46 pm »

Can I still join?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 05, 2018, 12:34:42 pm »

Needs a Starting Location Tile.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 05, 2018, 12:40:24 pm »

Can I still join?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I believe so. Getting in as a god is easier because you don't really have to worry about technology. I suggest reconsidering your aspect, though. Glass is unlikely to be used until someone starts researching windows, and even then it's not a sure thing. Anyone here who knows what the uses for glass were in the Stone Age? Obsidian for spears might possibly count, but no one seems to be working on improved spears.

Needs a Starting Location Tile.

He's clearly playing as a god. How did you not notice that?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 05, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »

Glass/obsidian was valued for sharp edges despite its brittleness, used in medical and ceremonial tools, arrowheads and speartips. Its a high-value material and a sign of wealth.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 05, 2018, 12:48:22 pm »

Oops... My bad. Glass just sounds like a Civ thing to me. If he's a god, I expect Volcanoes of Everlasting Obsidian Production to start popping up.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 05, 2018, 04:48:10 pm »

Ok ill redo it to
Name: Disci
Aspect: Discipline

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 119