Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130275 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2018, 10:00:48 am »

Nagas releases a herd of harmless egg-laying snakes which lay delicious, edible snek eggs (or "sneggs" to the hip) on E4. He expects this to cost either 3 or 5FP depending on whether being a food source counts as "kind of special". If it's only 3FP, he also releases some at J6 for the Dipnoi to have, but the Jotun apparently need food more right now, so they get priority. The Dipnoi are still my favourite on account of being slightly more snakelike, though!

Attached to one of the snakes (one at each tile if both end up receiving them) somehow is a note that reads: "I will not demand worship or even any particular display of gratitude for this gift, but if you drive these children of mine to extinction by overforaging I will personally see to your annihilation as a people."

Nagas then throws an FP at, uh, Amastay, right? Helmacon is Amastay, I think?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:26:36 pm by Maximum Spin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2018, 10:03:49 am »

Mabel
Give 1 FP to Amastay.
no further action for this turn.
Civilization Application:
Name: The Merfolk council.
Aspect: Merpeople (ie. the race of mermen and mermaids.)
Starting Tile: F6

Do I get an action the turn I join or do I have to wait a turn?
nevermind that! Lets give this civ some more room! Add a coral sea at F7, and a DeepSea Trench at E7.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:01:52 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2018, 10:45:12 am »

The People
Champion worker researches raiding
3 worker forage at H4 with 3 crude tools
4 workers research Gigantic Structures
2 workers make 2 crude spears
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2018, 01:21:14 pm »

Dipnou are located in I6! :p The Xerkani are the only ones able to reach the sneky jungle.

Question Zazmio, would a Fine Mud Barricase cost 3 Mud or 2 Wood and 1 Mud?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2018, 01:37:37 pm »

Disci, God of Discipline
Create a Savanna on J8 and K8.
Create a Desert on J9 and K9
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:54:41 pm by Detoxicated »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2018, 01:43:08 pm »

The Xerkani are the only ones able to reach the sneky jungle.

((Goodness, indeed they are!))

The Xekarni
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2018, 01:43:40 pm »

Disci, God of Discipline
Create a Savanna on J8 and K8.
Create a Desert on J9 and K9
Pick a color please.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2018, 02:06:41 pm »

Dipnoi Republic

Swamps'n Sneks?! All our praise to Nagas! The days of snekiness are coming closer! Snakes have been decided sacred, and we shall not hunt them purposefully!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2018, 02:26:31 pm »

Hey jotun, what do you want me to do for you?
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2018, 04:58:46 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy realizes that Farsky is asking them for their opinion. They are doing alright for food all things considered, though food would never stop being a concern. The Giants also have some concerns that they may be lagging behind other civilizations technologically... The general consenses is that the Jotun Oligarchy is actually doing fairly well right now and that it may be ideal for Farsky to save his strength for a big action later. An alternative option may be to help improve upon the Jotun Oligarchy's housing ability so that they can further expand.

The Jotun Oligarchy decides to give some prayer to Izzith, as it seems outrageous that he wasn't getting any FP from the earlier zap.

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2018, 05:00:27 pm »

I just had an idea, for later of course. A spawning pool, probably an interactive tile that makes new people for whoever controls it.
My Power armor arms race

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »

Amastay, the god of construction pools his power (15 FP) and with the help of a friend he creates !*Rehield*!, a magical and wondrous war hammer. It's metal is a clear blue color like a running river, but it is harder than the heart of Malvol himself. It is engraved in lines inlaid with silver and the lines form different patterns from different angles. Despite being a hammer, the weapon shears through armor and flesh as well as any blade or spear, and it never wears or breaks.

He gifts this artifact to the champion living amongst "The people" and sends him a message.

"This is a mighty weapon and it will serve you well, but first you must prove that you are worthy to wield it. To the south at H5 there lives a great and terrible demi-human colossus. Take this weapon and strike it down, and you will prove yourself to be the most worthy champion of the whole world. Your name shall live forever if you succeed, but if you should fail you will be forgotten, and I will find another to wield the hammer in your place."
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2018, 05:20:10 pm »

Farsky grins
Great a challenger approaches. But seriously, that is cheating. Kill it the normal way please, magic is kind of cheating.
I spend 5 fp to give the demihuman colossus a sword, the sword is large enough for the colossus to wield it normally but otherwise not special. It is kind of dull and made of stone.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:53:30 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2018, 07:05:44 pm »

The Jotun Oligarchy decides to give some prayer to Izzith, as it seems outrageous that he wasn't getting any FP from the earlier zap
Oblivion2007 worded it like this:
Izzith decides to Zap one of the Jorun Oligarchy's civilians giving them the magical ability to speed the growth of plants.
Giving a worker a "magical" ability isn't exactly the same as making the worker magical.  I was considering "magical ability" to be fluff text.  I didn't even realize that he was trying to buff the worker while also making the worker trigger his aspect.  Though, I suppose I should have realized that.

In the future, if you want to make workers that trigger your aspect, you probably should make it real obvious.  Izzith could have made the worker greenthumb and inherently magical.  Then the worker would trigger his aspect (probably...).  That would have cost 6 FP, though; 3 FP for greenthumb and 3 FP for magical, because being magical is useful.

I don't know... maybe I should allow it for 3 FP.  Then Izzith could call everything he makes "magical" and have it trigger his aspect, kind of like if Nagas calls everything "snake".  The thing is, being inherently magical is a real thing in this game, and it's more useful than being snake-like.  So, now you maybe kind of see the difficulty in balancing this.

Anyway, feedback on aspect triggering is appreciated.  I'm not sure if how I'm currently doing it is the best way.  Should Blarg get FP every time someone forages in a swamp?  I don't know for sure.  I was thinking that if someone keeps getting FP the same way every turn, that there would eventually be diminishing returns.  The point of that is to encourage imagination and thinking outside the box, instead of spamming the same thing throughout the game.  Should Izzith get FP when someone researches a magical tech?  If so, does that mean that Amastay should get FP when someone researches some kind of construction?  I haven't been giving out FP for researching, but maybe I should.  Maybe I should be giving out more FP in general than I have been.

Quote from: Nakéen
Question Zazmio, would a Fine Mud Barricase cost 3 Mud or 2 Wood and 1 Mud?
You can make mud versions of constructions, which means you could substitute "wood" with "mud", making a Mud Barricade only cost labor and no wood.  You don't have to forage for mud; mud is freely available in muddy tiles.

Quote from: TricMagic
GM, do apprentices boost research? Other than magic I mean.
Apprentices research everything like a vanilla worker.  Though, thank you for pointing something out!  I need to make it so only spellcasters can research spells.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2018, 07:11:48 pm »

If you want to encourage diversification, I would suggest allowing things the first time it is done. Maybe put a little icon next to those "Original" things to indicate that it was the original thing of its kind? That would let people know that doing the exact same thing wouldn't work as well a second time.

Or something.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 119