Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130387 times)

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2018, 04:41:58 am »

Izzith spends 10FP creating the Arcanum Botanica at K1

The Arcanum Botanica is an artifact spellbook that contains spells for manipulating, harvesting, and growing plants.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 07, 2018, 04:46:42 am »

Also I'm going to change my action to try and save my Zebras.
I thought there were rules against this, IE if you post an action and then someone else posts an action you can't go back and edit your action with the explicit purpose of interfering with other player's actions. Maybe it was in a different Gridhood thread but I could have sworn this was against the rules.

Otherwise we would have massive chains of people constantly editing their actions to one up eachother, or people would wait until the last second to post their plans in the hope of sneaking their action in.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 07, 2018, 04:56:40 am »

I just looked at the rules and it doesn't say anything about not being able to do that, all I did was swap from changing a tile to trying to add more protection to the tile with the Zebras.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 07, 2018, 04:58:04 am »

I thought there were rules against this, IE if you post an action and then someone else posts an action you can't go back and edit your action with the explicit purpose of interfering with other player's actions. Maybe it was in a different Gridhood thread but I could have sworn this was against the rules.

Otherwise we would have massive chains of people constantly editing their actions to one up eachother, or people would wait until the last second to post their plans in the hope of sneaking their action in.

It also breaks immersion and makes the storytelling aspect of this game feel cheap. Blarg shouldn't be capable of discerning Malvol's intentions prior to the action unless they are announced explicitely.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 07, 2018, 04:59:32 am »

Yes, good point.  No editing of actions to counter what someone does.

Now, if it's all right with you guys, I think I'm going to take a break this morning.  I'll do the turn sometime around late thursday/early friday.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 07, 2018, 05:03:28 am »

In contrast, I don't think there should be a rule against it. For one thing, gods appear to be omniscient - it is already perfectly legitimate for you to make your action in the first place in specific response to something a civ or god does the same turn if the post happened before yours, so why should it make a difference if you're making a second one? - and for another, there already is a generally understood rule (which is I believe what Oblivion mistook for applying in this case) that things happen in chronological rather than post order, so that you can't preëmpt another player by editing more into an earlier post. That rule alone should be adequate. And, well, we haven't had "massive chains of people constantly editing their actions to one up each other", and I can't imagine that anyone would be seriously willing to invest the effort to do so. So let's err on the side of permissiveness until there is evidence that a rule is actually necessary, okay?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 07, 2018, 05:24:24 am »

So what if I make a new action and say screw the old one, would that make every one happy?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 07, 2018, 07:23:45 am »

Things do not happen until they appear in a turn update.  Thus, it is impossible for new civilizations to appear on the first turn, as there is no land.  For conflicting actions on the same turn, such as two gods creating land on the same tile, the first action posted takes precedence. FP spent on actions that conflict with another is still used.

Its too late to protect the Zebras this turn. Things do not happen until they appear on the turn update so the protection wouldn't be added until after the Lions do their thing. Not only would protecting them now not work anyway, but you would waste your FP too because another god interacted with the tile before you.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 07, 2018, 07:53:22 am »

Just like how I can't preemptively build houses on K2.

Also, welcome the Merfolk!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 07, 2018, 10:40:51 am »

I undid the change sense it won't matter anyway, so you get your pond with magic plants.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2018, 01:43:45 pm »

I changed my mind. I'll go for a land invasion instead of just dropping lions in the zebras.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 08, 2018, 03:48:00 am »

Turn 14 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Godly actions of note:

Blarg replaces the swamp at K2 with a meadow with a lake and magical plants for 5 FP.
Nagas creates abundant egg-laying harmless snakes at E4 for 5 FP.  Then Nagas gives 1 FP to Amastay.
Mabel gives 1 FP to Amastay.  Then Mabel creates a coral sea at F7, and a deep sea trench at E7.  (They're oceans on the map.)
Disci creates savannahs at J8 and at K8, and deserts at J9 and at K9.
Amastay forges !*Rehield*!, a very powerful artifact war hammer, for 15 FP!  It appears at the feet of the Champion of The People at H4!
For 5 FP, Farsky equips the demihuman colossus at H5 with a giant stone sword!
For 5 FP, Malvol creates aggressive swamp pygmies at H7.
For 10 FP, Izzith creates the powerful artifact spellbook Arcanum Botanica and places it at K1!

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 2 FP!
Spudwolf, the enigmatic tattooed warrior, swims across the ocean at G4, and moves into the mountains at H3!

Civilization actions:

Cait Sith
2 workers grab crude spears and fish at J-1.  They get 5 food.
2 workers grab crude spears and fish at K-1.  They get 5 food.  Izzith gets 1 FP!
4 workers research writing, and the tech is complete!
2 workers pray to Izzith.
An artifact spellbook has appeared in your home tile!  You must research the book with a spellcaster to learn of its secrets!

Orassan Empire
3 workers forage B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket and find 11 food.
2 workers use 2 crude tools to start working on a farm at B3.
2 workers research Woodcutting.
1 worker grabs a spear before fishing with it at B3 and finds 4 food.
6 food is spent to create 2 workers.  The workers morph into demihumans!  Mabel gets 4 FP!

The People
Champion worker researches raiding.
3 worker forage at H4 with 3 crude tools and find 7 food.
4 workers attempt to research Gigantic Structures.  1 point is allocated, but the tech stalls, because something is missing.  1 worker researches Wonder Construction instead, one researches Woodcutting, and the last worker takes a nap.
2 workers make 2 crude spears.

The Xekarni
Goruk, his fellow spear warrior and 1 worker hunt at J4 with 3 crude spears.  They find 10 food!  They are attacked by anacondas, and they slaughter them!  Malvol gets 2 FP!  Goruk, the spear warrior, and the worker become slightly snake-like in appearance!  Nagas gets 2 FP!
3 workers forage for food at J4 and find 6 food.  The 3 workers become slightly snake-like in appearance!  Nagas gets 1 FP!
1 worker poisons a spear.
1 worker forages for reagents at I5 and finds 1 reagent.
1 worker trains to become a spear warrior.  Disci, god of Discipline, gains 2 FP!

Dipnoi Republic
3 Workers hunt in I7 using 3 Blowdarts and find 5 food.
3 Workers forage for Food in H7 and find 8 food.
3 Workers attempt to gather Wood in J7 but are not yet able to cut down trees.  (and wood is not yet necessary because of Mud Construction!) They forage for food instead, and find 6 food.
2 Workers make 2 Blowdarts.
2 Food is fed to the Tame Giant Anaconda.  Nagas gets 1 FP!

Jotun Oligarchy
2 workers using no tools and 1 Greenthumb using the artifact "Bountiful Basket" harvest the Orchard at C4 and find 18 food.
2 workers work on upgrading Primitive Buildings into Giant Primitive Buildings at D4.  3 primitive houses are upgraded.  Amastay gets 2 FP!
1 worker prays to Izzith.
4 workers research on Animal Husbandry.
4 food is spent to create 1 worker.  Farsky gets 2 FP!  Mabel gets 1 FP!
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.  Nagas gets 1 FP!

The Merfolk Council emerges at F6!  (pick a color)  Mabel gets 3 FP!
2 workers forage for food at F6 and find 3 food.
2 workers forage/gather at E6 and find 4 food.
1 worker prays to Mabel.

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:12:08 pm by Zazmio »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 08, 2018, 04:42:30 am »

Ack! My edited action got missed :s I knew I should have erased the first post.

Dipnoi Republic
New neighbors on our swamps? This is worrying news, especially while we are still weak!

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2018, 05:26:51 am »

Amastay Gives 1 fp to mabel, and 1 fp to nagas.

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

SabbaticGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • help im stuck in a aquif-blublubublbulubl
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2018, 06:52:09 am »

Is it too late to join in on this?
If not:
Holo, goddess of the harvest.

Place plains at D2.
hehe i became a girl
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 119