Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 128905 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #405 on: June 08, 2018, 07:43:26 pm »

Question: Can a zap target a specific tile. For example, if only one worker is on a single tile, could that worker be specified as a target with any zap?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 08, 2018, 07:52:26 pm »

Question: Can a zap target a specific tile. For example, if only one worker is on a single tile, could that worker be specified as a target with any zap?
I'll have to say no.  You target a civ, not a specific worker or tile.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:07 pm »

Got it. So if Civilization X has 5 workers on tile A1 and five workers on tile C1, and Civilization Y has one worker on tile B1, then you can accurately zap the workers at B1, but still have a 50% chance to get the wrong tile if you try to zap at A1 or C1, skipping over the entire B1 tile with no chance of hitting that. Good to know.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »

Got it. So if Civilization X has 5 workers on tile A1 and five workers on tile C1, and Civilization Y has one worker on tile B1, then you can accurately zap the workers at B1, but still have a 50% chance to get the wrong tile if you try to zap at A1 or C1, skipping over the entire B1 tile with no chance of hitting that. Good to know.
Yeah, a simpler way to put it is the tiles where the workers are are irrelevant.  It targets a random worker of the civ; that worker could be anywhere.

edit: In your example, the only way you could be 100% certain of zapping Civ Y's worker at B1 would be if that was Civ Y's only worker.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:06:03 pm by Zazmio »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 08, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »

Disci, Goddes of Discipline
Zap a Cait Sith to become a writer

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2018, 09:04:49 pm »

Nagas finds it amusing to upgrade F6 into the Sea of Serpents, a section of ocean where sealife born there becomes oddly serpentine. In the case of merpeople, this makes them basically like aquatic naga or lamiae, which is clearly the superior kind of merperson anyway.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2018, 03:49:16 am »

((I believe I should have 4 "slightly snake-like" workers. You forgot about the one that went hunting with the warriors.))

The Xekarni
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2018, 04:05:24 am »

((I believe I should have 4 "slightly snake-like" workers. You forgot about the one that went hunting with the warriors.))

Fixed.  Thanks.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2018, 05:25:55 am »

Turn 15 - The Stone Age - Year of the Dragon - Arena Mode!

Game Events:
The Dragon of the Underworld is snoring, causing the earth to shake underfoot!

The Champion Warrior of The People is doing battle with the Demihuman Colossus, putting the game in Arena Mode!

------
New Rule!  Arena Mode!
Arena Mode might begin when two very powerful opponents enter battle.  In this mode, the gods can place FP bets on the side they think will be victorious in battle.

The participants, if they want, can write a short description of tactics they use, or clever tricks they want to try, something like that.  Then message it to me.

Meanwhile, the gods can place wagers on their favorite side.  If the GM judges the two sides to be equal, he'll pay out 1 FP for every 1 FP bet, on both sides.  (a 1:1 payout)  If the GM judges the two sides to be unequal, he'll increase the payout on the weaker side, and reduce it on the stronger side.

Then the gods can cheat!  Each god can spend 1, 2, or 3 FP to influence the battle in favor of their favorite, if they want.
-- 1 point gives you a minor influence on the battle, which should be something like sudden gust of wind knocking someone off balance, or creating dog shit underfoot, causing someone to slip at the wrong moment, etc..  Something minor and not real obvious.
-- 2 points gives you a medium influence.  Something more obvious, such as a sudden hailstorm pelting a side with hailstones, or a fair maiden on a white horse appearing and distracting at just the right moment.
-- 3 points gives you a major influence.  This is something blatantly divine, such as a godly fist coming down from the heavens and grabbing someone's sword arm just as they're about to deliver the killing blow.
-- Battle influences can't be anything harmful and can't permanently change the fighters.
-- Cheating in this way is done by messaging the GM, not in thread.

The GM will use all these influences, as well as the power of each opponent, to determine the outcome of the battle.  Then the GM will describe the battle, and finish resolving the turn.

Obviously, in order to bet on the match, you must have FP.  You can't bet more FP than you have.  You can only cheat with FP left over after betting.  The FP you can use to bet and cheat is the FP total you have at the beginning of the turn, before any actions have taken place.  Thus, if you bet and lose, it's possible you won't have enough FP to perform the actions you wanted to do.
-----

For this battle, we have The Champion of the People, wielding the mighty warhammer !*Rehield*!, against the Demihuman Colossus, wielding a giant stone sword.  They're fighting in the wide open plains of tile H5.  Earthquakes caused by the Year of the Dragon might influence this battle!

The GM determines that the Colossus is a slight underdog.  The payout for betting on the Champion will be 0.8 FP per 1 FP bet, or a gain of 8 if 10 is wagered.  The payout for betting on the Colossus will be 1.2 FP per 1 FP bet, or a gain of 12 if 10 is wagered.

Current god FP totals:
Nagas (Snakes): 7 FP
Amastay (Construction): 4 FP
Blarg (Swamps): 3 FP
Mabel (Demihumans): 11 FP
Malvol (Slaughter): 10 FP
Farsky (Titans): 6 FP
Izzith (Magic): 13 FP
Disci (Discipline): 3 FP

As you can see, we're trying something a little different.  Hopefully everything is clear.  Feel free to ask questions if not.
The battle lasts only 1 round.
Oh, and one more thing -- As of this post, you cannot alter your actions for the turn!  The rest of the turn will be concluded after the battle!

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2018, 06:25:51 am »

I don't think this is a good idea, it holds the game up for everyone in an event that only a few can really participate in.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2018, 06:43:46 am »

I don't think this is a good idea, it holds the game up for everyone in an event that only a few can really participate in.
I like it, I think its innovative and adds some thing new to the game.

Blarg bets 1FP on the demihuman colossus.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2018, 07:11:36 am »

I like it, I think its innovative and adds some thing new to the game.

Blarg bets 1FP on the demihuman colossus.
Says you as a god, Civilization players can do nothing but twiddle their thumbs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 09, 2018, 07:13:24 am »

To be fair, the GM updates this game near daily.

Their's only been a single time I've been playing that's taken 2 days.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 09, 2018, 07:18:05 am »

Nagas bets two FP on the colossus.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 09, 2018, 07:27:28 am »

Gilbert, leader of the Orassans, bets $200 on the Champion.
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 119