Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130681 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #435 on: June 10, 2018, 07:47:20 am »

Turn 15 - The Stone Age - Year of the Dragon

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Arena Mode Result:
The Champion of The People could see the Colossus as he neared his destination from quite far away.  As he got closer, he wondered at the absurdity of being ordered to fight that.  For the Colossus was like a mountain of stone that stood on two legs.

He felt numb.  He did not even want to be the Champion.  He was perfectly content to spend his days in anonymity foraging or researching.  He didn't understand why he had to be chosen by Amastay.

There is no way I can defeat that thing, he thought, as the size of the Demihuman Colossus became apparent.  And as he approached, the ground suddenly lurched.  For the bewildering moment before he realized that it was an earthquake, he felt confused despair.  When the shaking stopped, he could see that the Colossus still stood there waiting for him, unfazed.

But then there was suddenly a reassuring breeze.  For some reason his thinking became more clear, as if the breeze had dispersed his dark thoughts.  He found that he felt more bold and determined as he hefted the strange hammer with the blue haft.  He approached, and as he got close enough, he charged.

The Colossus seemed to take some time to come to life.  By the time the Colossus began moving, taking hold of the giant stone sword slung on its back, the Champion had already closed the distance, and was running between its legs.  The Champion swung !*Rehield*! at a leg as he passed underneath, and there was an otherworldly metallic clang as the hammer bit out a chunk, leaving a red-hot smoldering gash.  The clang was strangely persistent in the air as the Champion turned for another pass.

By now, the Colossus was moving with surprising speed, considering its size; but the Champion dashed between its legs again, and !*Rehield*! bit out a chunk of the other leg.

The Champion now circled again, and observed the speed with which the Colossus swept the giant stone sword.  With a split-second thought, Champion calculated that if he timed it right, he could duck the swing, dodge towards the Colossus, and be in position to take out a kneecap.  But right before the moment to duck came, there was suddenly another lurching of the ground, this time violently.  Surprised, the Champion stumbled toward the Colossus, out of the path of the stone blade, but into the path of the stone hands holding the blade.  The Champion was struck by the massive stone hands, sending him flying a good 20 meters.

The earth was still violently shaking as he hit the ground.  Luckily, even the Colossus had trouble keeping its footing, giving him some time to recompose himself.

His left side was in immense pain from broken ribs, and his left arm wouldn't move and was numb.  He realized that he had lost hold of !*Rehield*!, but couldn't spare a moment to look around for it, since he had to roll quickly to the right to avoid a massive stone fist intent on crushing him.  After rolling, he sprang to his feet and looked around wildly, and saw a blue glint a ways away on the other side of the Colossus.

He sprinted towards the glint, and dodged, and ducked another swing of the giant sword.  He made it to the hammer, picked it up, spun and heaved it at the head of the Colossus as it was off balance at the end of the swing.  The hammer, luckily, went hammer-side first into the side of the head of the Colossus.  The hammer came out the other side of its head, leaving a large crater.  The Colossus stumbled, and the massive head cracked and then split in half, one half falling to the front, the other half falling to the rear.  The stone sword dropped to the ground, and the body fell and ceased moving.

Result:  Champion of the People was victorious, but injured!

Blarg bet 1 FP on the Colossus and lost!
Nagas bet 2 FP on the Colossus and lost!

Malvol was intrigued by the battle!  (Even though it wasn't exactly a "slaughter")  He gains 1 FP!
The Champion Warrior absorbs the power of the Demihuman Colossus!  Farsky likes this!  He gains 3 FP!  Mabel is excited!  She gains 3 FP!
Izzith enjoyed observing the magic hammer in action!  He gains 3 FP!
Disci was impressed by the discipline the Champion displayed!  She gains 3 FP!

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 1 FP!
The Dragon of the Underworld has fallen asleep and is snoring!  This is causing violent tremors throughout the land!

Godly actions of note:
Amastay gives 1 FP to Mabel and 1 FP to Nagas.
Holo, goddess of the Harvest, arises!  She creates a plains at D2!
Mabel creates the artifact "Masterful Fishing Net" at F6 for 5 FP!
Izzith creates a Verdant Magical Forest at I4, for 5 FP!
Blarg hangs with the Zebras.
For 3 FP, Disci Zaps a Cait Sith worker, causing it to morph into a writer!
For 5 FP, Nagas upgrades the ocean at F6 into the Sea of Serpents!

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
6 Workers build a Mud Barricade in I6.  Amastay gets 3 FP!
5 Workers hunt in J5 with 5 Blowdarts.  They attempt to bring the Anaconda along, but it isn't trained.  They are ambushed by black wolves!  1 worker is killed and 1 is injured!  Malvol gets 3 FP!  They find 17 food!
2 Food is fed to the Tame Giant Anaconda.  Nagas gets 1 FP!
The earth trembles!  The Mud Barricade is damaged by 2 points!  2 primitive and 1 fine mud houses collapse!

The Merfolk Council.
2 workers attempt to fish but can't because they have no spears.  They instead forage for 5 food.
2 workers research Coral Farming.
1 worker prays to Mabel.
6 food is spent to make 2 workers.  Mabel gets 2 FP!
The underwater settlement is mostly undamaged by the earthquakes.

Cait Sith
4 workers become apprentices.  Disci gets 4 FP!  Izzith gets 4 FP!
2 workers will pick up their spears and fish at J-1 and find 7 food.
2 more pick up their spears to fish at K-1 and find 6 food.  Izzith gets 1 FP!
2 workers research early philosophy.
2 houses collapse!

The People
3 workers research Woodcutting.
2 workers research Wonder Construction and the tech is complete!  Amastay gets 1 FP!
2 workers make 2 crude spears.
2 workers hunt at H4 with 2 crude spears and find 7 food.
Champion worker takes !*Rehield*! and goes to fight the demihuman colossus at H5.  The Champion is victorious!  The Champion is now legendary and can be named!  However, the Champion is injured!
Your settlement was raided by the Xekarni!  2 workers are lost!  You lost 10 food and 2 crude tools!
The massive earthquake destroys 2 houses!

Orassan Empire
3 workers forage at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket and find 13 food.
2 workers use 2 crude tools to continue working on a farm at B3.
2 workers research Woodcutting.
2 workers make primitive spears.
1 worker grabs a spear before fishing with it at B3 and finds 3 food.
2 houses collapse in the earthquakes!

Jotun Oligarchy
2 workers using no tools and 1 Greenthumb using the artifact "Bountiful Basket" harvest the Orchard at C4 and find 20 food.  Holo gets 3 FP!
2 workers forage for food at E4 and find 5 food.  The ruins have nothing of value.
3 workers forage for food at C3 and find 5 food and 3 bloodberries!  The Bushes of Empowerment are depleted. 
2 workers work on upgrading Primitive Buildings into Giant Primitive Buildings at D4 and 3 houses are upgraded.  Amastay gets 2 FP!
1 workers research Animal Husbandry.
1 New worker is made at the cost of 4 food.  Farsky gets 2 FP!  Mabel gets 1 FP!
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.  Nagas gets 1 FP
The orchard at C4 is damaged by 3 points!  1 Primitive House collapses!

The Xekarni
Goruk (armed with a poisoned crude spear), 2 spear warriors and 1 slightly snake-like worker (armed with 3 crude spears) raid The People for food at H4.  The party catches the People off guard!  Their Champion is elsewhere!  The raiding party kills 2 workers of The People!  Malvol gets 6 FP!!!  They steal 2 crude tools and 10 food!  The poisoned spear is no longer poisoned.
1 slightly snake-like worker trains to become a spear warrior.  Disci gains 2 FP!
2 workers craft 2 crude spears.
2 workers forage for food at J6 and find 5 food.
3 houses collapse!

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:59:42 pm by Zazmio »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 10, 2018, 07:53:44 am »

Orassan Empire

3 workers forage at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket
2 workers use 2 crude tools to continue working on a farm at B3.
2 workers research Woodcutting.
3 workers grabs a spear before fishing with them at B3
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:23:16 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 10, 2018, 08:04:00 am »

Disci invest 10 FP into the Divine Project The Swamp of Every Challenge at H2

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 10, 2018, 08:29:55 am »

Izzith creates a second Verdant Magical Forest at J2.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 10, 2018, 09:11:05 am »

Fun.. GM, which of my workers is the writer?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 10, 2018, 09:39:59 am »

Malvol is pleased. He spends 3FP to zap a Xekarni into a horse tamer.
He spends 10FP to make I5 into a Swamp of Strength. Those who dwell within will be twisted into reaching peak human form, greatly increasing their strength, agility, and endurance. He then spends 2FP protecting it.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 10, 2018, 10:28:59 am »

Why me? Why not the Dipnoi Republic?

The People
3 workers forage at H4 with 3 crude tools.
2 workers hunt at H4 with 2 crude spears.
1 worker forages at H5 with 1 crude tool.
1 worker builds a house.
Ymar the champion recovers.
3 food is used to create a worker.

To clarify, you can take actions on a tile diagonally adjacent?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 10, 2018, 10:54:24 am »

The People
1 worker builds a house.

Roleplaying, of course! Our civs have clashed over foraging sites at least 3 times, and my tribespeople are aggressive by nature. The Xekarni have yet to encounter anyone from the Dipnoi Republic, so it wouldn't have made any sense to target them.

I've targeted diagonally adjacent tiles several times, so the answer is almost definitely 'yes'.

GM: I appear to be missing 1 slightly snake-like spear warrior (trained this turn) and 2 crude spears (created this turn).

As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 10, 2018, 11:28:32 am »

I detected an error big enough to wait before I take my turn. Animal Husbandry should have been increased by 1 point to be 8/8 instead of 7/8 because nothing stopped the researcher from researching.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 10, 2018, 11:52:24 am »

The People
1 worker builds a house.

Roleplaying, of course! Our civs have clashed over foraging sites at least 3 times, and my tribespeople are aggressive by nature. The Xekarni have yet to encounter anyone from the Dipnoi Republic, so it wouldn't have made any sense to target them.

I've targeted diagonally adjacent tiles several times, so the answer is almost definitely 'yes'.

GM: I appear to be missing 1 slightly snake-like spear warrior (trained this turn) and 2 crude spears (created this turn).

Raiding the guys with a legendary champion wielding an artifact warhammer with the power of a colossus, huh? I guess that's some deep commitment to role-playing. 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

SabbaticGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • help im stuck in a aquif-blublubublbulubl
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 10, 2018, 11:56:40 am »

Holo, pleased with the harvest of the Jotun Oligarchy, zaps a worker to become a bountiful gatherer for 3 FP.
hehe i became a girl

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 10, 2018, 12:11:19 pm »

The People
1 worker builds a house.

So I can make an action at J-2?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 10, 2018, 12:31:11 pm »

The Merfolk Council.

Does the masterfull fishing net count as a tool for fishing purposes or do I need to have spears to use it?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 10, 2018, 12:34:02 pm »

It's a high-grade tool in addition to it making the user a fishing master. so you should have no issues.

you okay with the change Nagas made to your tile? I have no problems with it, but if you do I'm willing to change it to something else.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 10, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »

I am not sure. I want to see the effects of the tile before making a decision. I also wouldn’t want all my Merpeople to become nagas. But I don’t mind having a mult-racial people. For now I don’t mind it but I might change my mind.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 119