Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130934 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #480 on: June 11, 2018, 06:36:10 pm »

B4 isn't their home territory, its just the only other cold tile on the entire map.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 11, 2018, 07:32:24 pm »

The stone technology is not listed in the Civilization spoiler despite 5rp being put into it. Also, the Jotun Oligarchy housing has not been updated to account for the latest upgrade.
Fixed, thanks

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 11, 2018, 09:15:39 pm »

Nagas, you should stop harassing the Orassans.

Harassing.

I think I've paid attention to them a grand total of twice, and this time is just to balance the debt from orca desertifying my seagull tile in Original Recipe Gridhood.

Buuuuut now you want to escalate and rack up another debt? Okay. I'm personally not in the habit of de-escalating anything, ever, so, this is going to be entertaining.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 11, 2018, 09:35:35 pm »

I don't see why you would feel the need to take retaliatory action against him in two separate games, because you are most certainly undermining his objectives in a clear retaliatory manner in Bay12 edition too.

Zazmio, how do you feel about players taking retaliatory actions against other players in your game, for things that happened in my game?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:39:51 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2018, 09:44:42 pm »

So you're carrying a grudge from some other game into this? Scum. And you're declaring your intent to escalate without end when youve made two prior agressive acts and are making two more this turn, and im preparing to make my first one this turn in response. Welp, either youre bluffing, or I should go into full war of annihilation mode.

Are you really sure this is what you want. If push comes to shove, I am sitting on quite a bit of FP right now, and you have many undefended targets. Your position is far worse than mine in both short term power and long term income sources. I actively would prefer to not do it, and am willing to show restraint generally, but the orassans are under my protection and if you want to start a fight I will win.

Keep your gripe in one game restricted to that one game. I assume you can show more maturity than a middle-schooler.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 11, 2018, 09:52:25 pm »

Yea...

I think it's fine to hold a grudge within a game in terms of role-playing, but holding onto something from a completely different game is weirdly personal and immature. Not to mention that it is obvious meta-gaming as well, which is generally frowned upon.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 11, 2018, 10:51:32 pm »

I'm not actually holding a grudge against anybody! You must see how this is obviously a joke, right? I mean, the concept of man-eating seagulls didn't tip you off that I'm not taking this too seriously?

ETA: I think possibly there has been some misunderstanding related to the fact that some people thought I was wreaking havoc on their home tile. This is just some nearby tile they haven't even been going to; I don't expect this to have any realistic effect on the game other than continuing this seagull running gag I've been doing across all Gridhoods so far, nor to actually impede the Orassans in any meaningful way. And, well, the ostensibly retaliatory action taken in Original Recipe Gridhood that Supernerd mentions amounted to wasting power doing something that serves no purpose other than to make the map look slightly dumber, also as a joke. The net effect being nothing more than to perpetuate the role I've been playing in all these games, which is of a slightly cracked god (or, well, series of gods who may or may not be somehow inscrutably the same despite behaving totally differently except for a curious fascination with seagulls) who sometimes does completely arbitrary things for what he will definitely insist are TOTALLY VALID, PROBABLY SHOUTY REASONS. Because, uh, gods do weird things sometimes. Like make seagulls.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:12:21 pm by Maximum Spin »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 11, 2018, 11:01:46 pm »

Keerim the god of birds finds this world intriguing

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 12, 2018, 02:16:46 am »

Name: Hidden Monastery
Trait: Monks
Starting Tile: J9

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:18:17 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 12, 2018, 02:47:03 am »

((I appear to be missing the 5 reagents gained this turn.))

The Xekarni

Praise Malvol! A second prophet has arisen! The tribe looks onto the beasts of the land with newfound enlightenment!
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 12, 2018, 03:18:04 am »

@max spin
Okay.
Editing action once more.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:35 am »

((I appear to be missing the 5 reagents gained this turn.))
Fixed.
Interesting trait.  Are we talking about European Christian-style monks?  Or fantasy/Asian martial artist monks?
Keerim the god of birds finds this world intriguing

Welcome.

With these 2 new players, I am going to close the game to new players, until further notice.  Will open again if it seems like I can handle it.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 12, 2018, 04:25:09 am »

Interesting trait.  Are we talking about European Christian-style monks?  Or fantasy/Asian martial artist monks?
Martial artist ones. I want to go road of self-improvement, with various research dedicated to making monks into survive-all-hardships enlightened badasses. With no advanced tech (because who needs it when you have fists of steel and stone-like bodies?) - even primitive weapons are invented as a tool for hunting only. But if it is possible to substitute crude weapons with some martial style - I'd go for it!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 12, 2018, 06:11:12 am »

Turn 17 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 1 FP!

Godly actions of note:

Disci puts 3 FP into the divine project "Swamp of Every Challenge".
Blarg spends 5 FP to teach weapon use to the Zebras.  Then Blarg puts 2 FP into "Swamp of Every Challenge," completing the project!
Nagas replaces the Taiga at B4 with a tropical beach for 3 FP.  Then Nagas creates a flock of violent man-eating seagulls at B4 for 5 FP.
For 10 FP, Amastay creates the Armor of Purity and places it at H4!  (please provide tile coords when making artifacts)
Keerim, god of Birds arrives!  He creates an ocean at C6, a rainforest at D7, and a marine duck at F6.
Farsky stagnates.  (Another turn of no participation!  Very naughty!)

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
1 Worker builds a Primitive House.
3 Workers hunt in J7 with 3 Blowdarts and get 8 food.
2 Workers forage for Food in I6 and find 7 food.
4 Workers research Domestication.
The injured worker recovers.
2 food is fed to the Tame Giant Anaconda.  Nagas now wants something more exciting than feeding snakes to get his kicks.  Gods can be total primadonnas at times.

Cait Sith
4 apprentices restart research on Advanced Magic Theory. 1 is using the Arcanum Botanica for references.  Advanced Magic Theory is still stalled.  One of the apprentices theorizes that the Cait Sith might need at least one Philosopher to introduce more advanced ways of thinking.  2 apprentices think that Magic Runes like in the Arcanum Botanica might be necessary, and research it.  1 apprentice finds a small section in the back of Arcanum Botanica describing some kind of building.  The book is written in what is called an abjad script, meaning that vowels are implied and not written.  This makes it hard to figure out how some words are pronounced, because the vowels for unfamiliar proper names have to be guessed, but the name for it is something like "Higawayrtsa," or "Hagweratas," or "Hegwurths," something like that.
2 workers pick up crude spears and fish at J-1 and get 7 food.
2 workers pick up their spears and fish at K-1 and get 5 food.  Izzith gets 1 FP!
1 Writer and 1 worker research Spiritualism.  (nature spirits is a separate tech?)

Orassan Empire
3 workers forage at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket and find 12 food.
2 workers use 2 crude tools to continue working on a farm at B3 and the farm is completed!  Amastay gets 3 FP!  Holo gets 3 FP!
2 workers build new housing.
2 workers forage for wood where???
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3 and finds 2 food.

The People
Ymar and two regular workers research Raiding.
3 workers forage at I4 using 2 crude tools and find 7 food.  Izzith gets 1 FP!
2 workers hunt at H4 using 2 crude spears and get 7 food.

The Merfolk Council
1 worker who already has a Masterful fishing net moves to E7 and fishes at E7 and finds 3 food.
1 worker collects the Masterful fishing net at F6 and uses it to fish at F6 and finds 4 food.
3 workers pray to Mabel.
3 workers research coral farming.
Spent 6 food to make 2 workers.  The 2 new workers morph into aquatic nagas!  Nagas gets 6 FP!!!  Mabel gets 2 FP!
1 worker dies of starvation!

Jotun Oligarchy
1 workers using no tools, 1 Bountiful Gatherer using no tools and 1 Greenthumb using the artifact "Bountiful Basket" harvest from the Orchard at C4 and find 19 food.  Holo gets 3 FP!
2 workers construct a Giant Primitive House at D4.  Amastay gets 1 FP!
7 workers begin construction of a Ranch at E4 and the Ranch is completed!   Amastay gets 3 FP!
1 workers researches Stone and the tech is completed!
1 New worker is made at the cost of 4 food.  These damned Giants breed like rabbits.  Farsky is just barely interested enough to get 1 FP.
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.

Hidden Monastery arises at J9!
2 workers forage on J8 and find 3 food.
2 workers forage on K8 and find 3 food.
1 worker researches primitive weapons.
3 food spent to create 1 worker.

The Xekarni
1 horse tamer and 4 workers research Animal Taming.
Goruk and 2 spear warriors (armed with 3 crude spears) hunt at J5.  They get 7 food.  They are attacked by an elder dire wolf leading several lesser dire wolves!  1 spear warrior is injured!  They slay several wolves, but the elder escapes!  Malvol gets 1 FP!  The wolf carcasses provide another 3 food.
1 worker builds a primitive house at I5 using 1 crude tool.
3 food is spent to create 1 new worker.

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:16:37 pm by Zazmio »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 12, 2018, 06:19:21 am »

Martial artist ones. I want to go road of self-improvement, with various research dedicated to making monks into survive-all-hardships enlightened badasses. With no advanced tech (because who needs it when you have fists of steel and stone-like bodies?) - even primitive weapons are invented as a tool for hunting only. But if it is possible to substitute crude weapons with some martial style - I'd go for it!
Martial artists use weapons too.  Right?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 119