Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 128922 times)

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2018, 06:43:14 am »

Izzith spends 20 FP creating Bakhon the Wondrous at H5!

Bakhon the Wondrous is a powerful Djinn bestowed with vast knowledge of magic from his creator. He uses the power brazenly and ostentatiously, loving to show off his power and skill. As the most powerful creature yet born in his time he is incredibly arrogant towards mortals and will react violently if he feels he is insulted. As a Djinn however his nature compels him to use his power to provide boons to those he deems worthy, usually those who complete a quest or trial he has given them.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:47:10 am by Oblivion2007 »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2018, 06:48:54 am »

Dipnoi Republic
It seems the Pygmies of the South-Western swamps are more peaceful than we expected. Let's hope they will remain cordial neighbors.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Glad to see you join the game Sarrak!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2018, 06:58:49 am »

Interesting(and fun!),

Cait Sith
1 Writer and and 2 Apprentices research Magic Runes
2 workers pick up their crude spears and fish at J-1.
2 workers pick up their crude spears and fish at k-1.
2 Apprentices further the development of Spiritualism.
1 Worker becomes a Philosopher.

GM, can a philosopher also be an apprentice? Same question as with the writer, can they be an apprentice too?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:02:15 am by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:41 am »

Should Amastay have gotten FP for my 9 people constructing things? I'm also wondering if Holo should have got FP from the orchard again.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 12, 2018, 07:55:37 am »

Orassan Empire

3 workers forage at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket
3 workers research wooden structures
3 workers forage for wood with 2 crude tools
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:03:57 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 12, 2018, 09:01:30 am »

Martial artists use weapons too.  Right?
Depends on how deep into fantasy realm is this game. In reality - of course, they use weapons. Kicks and punches are pretty suicidal against spears/animals. But it might be possible to pull off in a game?  ???

Glad to see you join the game Sarrak!
Liked it too much to resist
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 12, 2018, 10:48:12 am »

The People
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity and 2 workers with 2 crude spears hunt at H4
2 workers research Raiding
2 workers forage at H4 with 2 crude tools
1 worker makes 1 crude tool
3 food is used to make a worker
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 12, 2018, 11:11:26 am »

Hidden Monastery

3 workers forage on J8
1 worker forages on K8
2 workers continue research
Create a 2 new workers
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 12, 2018, 11:11:39 am »

Create a Rainforest at H1

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 12, 2018, 11:55:44 am »

Oh, okay, I didn't expect to clear up that argument so easily. I would've gone ahead and taken orca's offer if I had! Well, these things happen.

Uh, let's see.

Nagas Zaps a random worker of the Hidden Monastery with knowledge of the cobra-style martial arts, whatever that is. It probably involves standing really still and then making a sudden jabbing strike, or something. Nagas isn't a martial artist and doesn't concern himself with these details!

Anyway, Nagas is still not totally sure about how these 'Zaps' work but expects this to probably take 3FP? So, if there's enough FP left over, he also creates a magical talking Elder Lindorm at J2 — a winged serpent who guards the forest and can probably be bargained with for magical secrets or something.

Wow, I'm a little vaguer than usual today, huh.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:54 pm »

Blarg wanders around some more as he waits for more FP.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 12, 2018, 04:01:33 pm »

((Is the Swamp of Strength effect on I5 automatically applied to all of my citizens, or just newly created workers? I ask because it hasn't been mentioned thus far.))

The Xekarni

Goruk returns from the hunt with a wounded warrior in tow, and is angered to find that the tribe has taken no steps to secure their home against colossus-shattering demons in his absence. Despite this, the Chief recognises the clear mark of Malvol's divine intent, and grudgingly allows his former brother-in-arms to continue babbling about horses to his peers. It is nonetheless made clear that the weapons are to be kept within reach at all times.
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:36 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

Realizing that the Orchard would not be enough to support the Jotun Oligarchy's growing population on its own, the Giants work diligently to ramp up their harvesting ability by upgrading the orchard to a giant orchard and preparing to ranch some egg-laying snakes.

That last sentence alone probably honors no less than three gods.

It is decided that the Bountiful Gatherer should be given one of the Bloodberries, as they would benefit the most from a bonus to physical labor. Especially if they will be moving heavy stone around.

(I decided to try a new format for my posts that separates actions by logistic slots. I think it might be easier to interpret it like this as I foresee myself having several different kinds of workers performing the same tasks)

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 12, 2018, 05:23:07 pm »

Keerim watches the duck while waiting
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 12, 2018, 05:39:03 pm »

Should Amastay have gotten FP for my 9 people constructing things? I'm also wondering if Holo should have got FP from the orchard again.
I knew I was forgetting something.  Added FP to Amastay and to Holo.

((Is the Swamp of Strength effect on I5 automatically applied to all of my citizens, or just newly created workers? I ask because it hasn't been mentioned thus far.))
I added a note to your civ details.  The tile is increasing the strength, agility, and endurance of all your workers.  If the tile altered just one worker, the effect would be greater, but since the it alters everything in the tile, the effect is spread out.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 119