Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130255 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #510 on: June 12, 2018, 06:07:24 pm »

We are 17 turns in, and the starting civilizations have grown quite well! Here is how I would rank everyone.

1. The Jotun Oligarchy
They are the uncontested 1st civilization in my opinion. Despite having only 26 Research Points, they have the highest population with 14 Giant Workers! Their food source is also pretty secure, they are able to feed their whole population with only 3 Workers (Greenthumb+Artifact included)!

2a. Cait Sith 35 Research Points and 10 Workers.
2b. Orassan Empire 30 Research Points and 10 Workers.
These two civilizations benefit from isolation, and they both have their own advantages over the other.
On one hand the Cait Siths sport a fast research speed which will turn them into a very strong civilization in the close future, especially since they are focusing solely on magic.
The Orassan though have a bountiful basket which allows them to sustain their population with only 3 Workers and focus more resources on research and construction.

3. The Xekarni 34 Research Points, 9 Workers and 1 Legendary Spear Warrior.
In my opinion, the Xekarni are the uncontested strongest civilization military-wise. They received great blessings from the Gods, and unlocked several combat-oriented technologies. But the People still have the Legendary Champion Warrior with two Artifacts, and depending on the future clashes, the Xekarni could lose their spot. But if they were to win, then nothing would stop them from draining the People and the Dipnoi from their resources, thus highly like earning the 2nd spot.

4a. Dipnoi Republic 35 Research Points and 11 Workers.
4b. The People 30 Research Points, 7 Workers and 1 Legendary Champion Warrior with Artifacts.
Unlike the Jotun and the Orassan, these two civs need to deploy 5 to 6 Workers to sustain their population, which limits their growth.
If the People hadn't been raided, they would be tied with the Xekarni. If they don't lose their Champion, and depending on the future battles with the Xekarni, they could either take 3rd place or even 2nd place. If they lose their Champion, recovery will be impossible on their own.
It's also amusing to think that the Tame Giant Anaconda of the Dipnoi ended up being a food draining freeloader, at least for now.

5. The rest
The Merfolk Council 7 Research Points and 9 Workers.
Hidden Monastery newcomers!
The two most recent civs!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 12, 2018, 06:13:54 pm »

It's also amusing to think that the Tame Giant Anaconda of the Dipnoi ended up being a food draining freeloader, at least for now.
Nagas didn't know you have to train snakes! Snakes always just do whatever Nagas wants without question!

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 12, 2018, 07:51:43 pm »

Interesting(and fun!),

Cait Sith
GM, can a philosopher also be an apprentice? Same question as with the writer, can they be an apprentice too?
Philosophers can do nothing except argue about philosophy.  I will allow writer apprentices.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2018, 08:17:15 pm »

Honestly I think my position is a little bit precarious. It only takes one angry god to completely wreck a tile after all, though I am starting to diversify. So far the majority of the gods like me or at least tolerate me because I tend to generate a lot of passive FP, or at the very least tolerate me with a preference for helping other civs. Being singled out as #1 by the GM puts a bit more pressure on me, but probably no more than the Nirii Dominion from my game.

With what is soon to be a Giant Orchard worth 20 labor and 5 acts, it wouldn't be too hard for a god to threaten me. Though all the passive FP I generate for multiple different gods is probably acting as a deterrent.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2018, 08:31:29 pm »

Orassan Empire

3 workers forage at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket
3 workers use research wooden structures
3 workers forage for wood
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3
Ocra, you need to specify where you gather wood or it does nothing.
Mabel
make B4 a Taiga.

Honestly I think my position is a little bit precarious. It only takes one angry god to completely wreck a tile after all, though I am starting to diversify. So far the majority of the gods like me or at least tolerate me because I tend to generate a lot of passive FP, or at the very least tolerate me with a preference for helping other civs. Being singled out as #1 by the GM puts a bit more pressure on me, but probably no more than the Nirii Dominion from my game.

With what is soon to be a Giant Orchard worth 20 labor and 5 acts, it wouldn't be too hard for a god to threaten me. Though all the passive FP I generate for multiple different gods is probably acting as a deterrent.
You're the chosen people of Farsky, one of the peoples of Mabel, and on good terms with Blarg, Nagas, Holo, Amastay, and Izzith.
You have so much divine protection it's silly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2018, 08:39:16 pm »

Izzith isn't getting all that much out of me. I should probably get around to ranching those mammoths sooner rather than later. I'm not sure why Blarg would like me though. I don't think I ever generated any FP for Blarg even once. Though its not my fault I don't have a swamp.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2018, 09:09:43 pm »

You're the chosen people of Farsky, one of the peoples of Mabel, and on good terms with Blarg, Nagas, Holo, Amastay, and Izzith.
You have so much divine protection it's silly.
Actually, I declared them one of my Chosen People too. Although that might be diluted since I have three Chosen People at this point and am angling for a fourth, and being a Chosen of Nagas only gets you snakes, so it might be a wash.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:07 pm »

Izzith isn't getting all that much out of me. I should probably get around to ranching those mammoths sooner rather than later. I'm not sure why Blarg would like me though. I don't think I ever generated any FP for Blarg even once. Though its not my fault I don't have a swamp.
Because Blarg is a nice guy? As far as I can tell he likes everybody.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2018, 11:27:24 pm »

Harnessing the fourteen FP that built up Farsky starts a project to make a location filled with stones imbued with powerful magic (handing what these do over to you GM, sorry I haven't been active, I have been on a boat for a few days.)
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

SabbaticGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • help im stuck in a aquif-blublubublbulubl
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00:37 am »

Holo creates an artifact: Giant-sized Flint Sickle of Harvesting, and gifts it to the Jotun Oligarchy! It has the ability to turn a bad harvest into a good one. Be careful! Using it too often will weaken the soil.
hehe i became a girl

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2018, 05:55:41 am »

Turn 18 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 3 FP!
The Zebras attempted to raid the Merfolk at F6!  Apparently, they were trying to get victims to sacrifice to the glory of Blarg!  Unfortunately, they couldn't swim very well!  Many of them drowned!  Zebra corpses sink to the bottom, which the Merfolk butcher for 5 food!

Godly actions of note:

For 20 FP, Izzith creates Bakhon the Wondrous at H5!
Disci creates a rainforest at H1.  (Please include god name in action post.)
Nagas zaps a worker of Hidden Monastery into a cobra-style martial artist for 3 FP!  Then Nagas creates an Elder Lindorm at J2 for 5 FP!
For 3 FP, Mabel changes the tropical beach at B4 into a Taiga.
For 5 FP, Holo creates the artifact Giant-sized Flint Sickle of Harvesting and places it at D4.  (please include tile coords when creating artifacts)

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
3 Workers research Domestication and the tech is complete!
4 Workers upgrade 4 Primitive Houses into 4 Fine Mud Houses.  Amastay gets 2 FP!
3 Workers hunt in I7 using 3 Blowdarts and get 9 food.
1 Worker creates 1 Blowdart.
Use 3 Food to create 1 Worker.
Feed 2 Food to the Tame Giant Anaconda.

Cait Sith
1 Writer and and 2 Apprentices research Magic Runes.
2 workers pick up their crude spears and fish at J-1 and get 6 food.
2 workers pick up their crude spears and fish at k-1 and get 4 food.
2 Apprentices further the development of Spiritualism.
1 Worker becomes a Philosopher.  Disci gets 2 FP!

Orassan Empire
3 workers forage at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket and find 10 food.  (you know you have a farm now, right?)
3 workers research wooden structures.
3 workers forage for wood ... but don't get anything because tile coords were not given.
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3 and gets 3 food.

The People
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity and 2 workers with 2 crude spears hunt at H4 and get 10 food.
2 workers research Raiding and the tech is complete.
2 workers forage at H4 with 2 crude tools and get 7 food.
1 worker makes 1 crude tool.
3 food is used to make a worker.

Hidden Monastery
3 workers forage on J8 and find 6 food.
1 worker forages on K8 and find 2 food.
2 workers continue research on.... what?  Enter the Dragon.  (please specify tech next time)
6 food spent to create 2 workers.

The Xekarni
1 horse tamer and 2 workers (armed with 2 crude spears) research Animal Taming and the tech is complete!
Goruk and 1 spear warrior (armed with 2 crude spears) research Sentry Duty.
The injured spear warrior rests his injuries.
2 slightly snake-like workers (armed with 2 crude spears) forage for food at J4 using 2 crude tools.  They find 5 food.  The 2 workers become more snake-like!  Nagas gets 2 FP!
2 workers craft 2 crude spears at I5.

Jotun Oligarchy
2 workers using no tools and 1 Greenthumb using the artifact "Bountiful Basket" Harvest from the Orchard at C4 and find 17 food.  Holo gets 2 FP!
7 workers upgrade the Orchard at C4 into a Giant Orchard and the upgrade is complete!  Amastay gets 2 FP!  Holo gets 2 FP!
3 workers lasso the herd of Abundant Egg-Laying Harmless Snakes at E4 to the Ranch located at E4!  Nagas gets 3 FP!
1 Bountiful Gatherer is fed 1 bloodberry.
1 New worker is made at the cost of 4 food.
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.

The Merfolk Council stagnates.
They get 5 food from Zebra corpses!

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:42:39 am by Zazmio »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:16 am »

Harnessing the fourteen FP that built up Farsky starts a project to make a location filled with stones imbued with powerful magic (handing what these do over to you GM, sorry I haven't been active, I have been on a boat for a few days.)
I decided not to make your project since I don't want to "fill in the blanks" for players when they make stuff.  If you are on vacation, that is fine.  I will not remove Farsky while you're on vacation.  I just don't want to have to go through and update FP totals and keep an eye on the aspects of gods who have apparently stopped playing.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2018, 06:14:26 am »

Dipnoi Republic
We are one step closer to understanding snakes, which could prove a great boon to our people.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 13, 2018, 06:39:50 am »

Orassan Empire

3 workers work at the farmland at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket
3 workers research wooden structures
3 workers forage for wood with 2 crude tools
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3
it's over

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:35 am »

Hidden Monastery

A new martial style? Praise Nagas! (Teaching comes first, though)

3 workers forage on J8
2 workers forage on K8
1 worker finished research Enter the Dragon
1 worker with cobra-style martial art teaches it to another worker
Create a new worker

Spoiler: Corrections (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 119