Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 130571 times)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2018, 11:34:08 pm »

Spoiler: If Possible (click to show/hide)
Most likely not possible.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 13, 2018, 11:42:23 pm »

Farsky acts
Frustrated in his carelessness he reaches out and congragulates ymir on their victory over the colossus. Then, he starts a divine project, the titangate, a tile at h5, investing all 17 FP into it.
The titangate is a vast mountain that acts as a gateway to the realm of the colossi, letting one of the beasts and a horde of other, smaller monsters into the realm every few turns. The colossi are similar to the demihuman colossus that was slain there. The beasts are just flavor text mostly, anything that can get past them can fight the colossi they serve anyway. It also has magic ore, and lightning.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:44:26 am by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 14, 2018, 05:54:34 am »

Turn 19 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 2 FP!
The Violent man-eating seagulls at B4 move to C4 in search of better hunting grounds!  Keerim gets 3 FP!
Bakhon the Wondrous uses magic to build an ornate palace at H5!  Izzith gets 5 FP!!!

Godly actions of note:

Disci Zaps discipline into a Cait Sith apprentice for 3 FP.
Nagas creates a Tropical Beach at B5.  Then Nagas spends 5 FP to teach the Aggressive Swamp Pygmies how to speak Dipnoi, and how to build houses.
Blarg teaches nonviolent worship to the Zebras for 5 FP.
Holo imbues the soil of the plains at E4 with magic for 5 FP.
Mabel creates the Fountain of Rebirth at K1 for 5 FP.  Then Mabel creates the Pearl of Far-seeing at F6 for 5 FP.  Then Mabel observes the seagulls.  They aren't doing that great, but are surviving.
Farsky creates the divine project "Titangate" and puts 17 FP into it!

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
7 Workers research Snake Taming and the tech is complete!  Nagas gets 3 FP!
3 Workers forage for Food in I7 with 3 Blowdarts for self defence and find 8 food.
2 Workers hunt in J7 with 2 Blowdarts and get 5 food.  The natives attack!  Several pygmies are slaughtered!  Malvol gets 3 FP!  1 worker is injured!  Blarg gets 1 FP!  The pygmy corpses are not palatable!
Feed 2 Food to the Tame Giant Anaconda.

Orassan Empire
3 workers work at the farmland at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket and find 15 food.  Holo gets 2 FP!
3 workers research wooden structures.
3 workers forage for wood with 2 crude tools.  For the third turn in a row, the Orassans fail to specify a tile.  One might wonder why they play if they don't read the turn results.
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3 and gets 3 food.

Hidden Monastery
3 workers forage on J8 and find 7 food.
2 workers forage on K8 and find 4 food.
1 worker researches Enter the Dragon and the tech is finished!
1 worker attempts to teach another Cobra-style, but they do not yet understand the master-student relationship.  Instead, they research Sensei Tradition.
3 food spent to create a new worker.

Cait Sith
1 Philosopher argues.  Izzith is intrigued by this strange new activity on the magic tile.  He gets 1 FP.
1 Writer researches Spiritualism.
4 Apprentices research Magic Runes.  1 Apprentice listens to the Philosopher and makes a breakthrough!  But the difficult tech is still not completed!
2 workers grab crude spears and fish at J-1 and get 3 food.
2 workers grab crude spears and fish at K-1 and get 5 food.  Izzith is bored.
A magical fountain appears!  One worker can bathe in it a turn!  It requires an action!

The Merfolk Council
1 worker with a Masterful fishing net at F6 moves to G6 and uses the Masterful fishing net to fish and gets 4 food.
1 worker with a Masterful fishing net at E7 moves to F7 and uses the Masterful fishing net to fish and gets 5 food.  ("1 worker fishes at F7 with 1 masterful fishing net" would be sufficient)
1 worker gathers at F7 and finds 1 food.
1 worker gathers at E6 and finds 2 food.
2 workers research coral farming and the tech is complete!  Holo gets 3 FP!
1 worker attempts some research but the Merfolk don't have the logistics needed.
2 workers attempt to pray but don't have the logistics needed.  (you have 5 logistics)

The People
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity and 2 workers with 2 crude spears hunt at H5 and find 6 food.  The party observes what appear to be air and earth spirits building some kind of ornate palace.
3 workers with 2 crude tools forage at H5 and find 8 food.
3 workers make 3 crude tools.
3 food is spent to make a new worker.

The Xekarni
2 moderately and 1 slightly snake-like workers (armed with 3 crude spears) forage for food at H6 using 3 crude tools.  1 worker is injured by a snake bite!  Nagas gets 1 FP!  The workers report difficulty in foraging in a swamp.  Blarg is amused, and gets 1 FP!  They find 4 food.
2 spear warriors and 1 worker (armed with 3 crude spears) hunt at H6.  The workers report difficulty in hunting in a swamp.  They get 3 food.
Goruk, 1 horse tamer (armed with 2 crude spears), and 2 workers research Sentry Duty and the tech is complete!

The Jotun Oligarchy
5 workers using no tools and 1 Greenthumb using the artifact "Bountiful Basket" Harvest from the Orchard at C4 and find 31 food.  Holo is excited by the bountiful harvest!  She gets 5 FP!!  Izzith gets 1 FP!
3 workers ranch the herd of Abundant Egg-Laying Harmless Snakes at E4 and get 11 food.  Nagas gets 1 FP!
1 Bountiful Gatherer (ate bloodberry) wields the artifact "Giant-sized Flint Sickle of Harvesting" and forages for Stone at C3 and gets 6 stone.  Izzith gets 1 FP!
5 workers begin research on Stonecrafting.
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras.

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:26:56 pm by Zazmio »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:32 am »

2 spear warriors and 1 worker (armed with 3 crude spears) hunt at H6.  The workers report difficulty in hunting in a swamp.  They get 3 food.

((Huh, I expected hunting to be easy here considering the abundance of game. Isn't the place meant to be crawling with edible snakes?))

The Xekarni
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 14, 2018, 06:33:22 am »

I just noticed an accounting mistake. The Dipnoi Republic should be out of Reagents, as they used up all of them to heal a Worker on turn 17.

Dipnoi Republic
These pygmies ended up being unrefined and aggressive! It would be wise for us to properly consider how to deal with them. Our workers reported that these savages could speak our language, so maybe a peaceful solution could be attained. We will take a decision later, as another Year of Change is coming soon. As our Food reserves are low, it would be wise to focus on gathering sustenance for now.

And now that we understand the ways of the snakes, we will be able to make them our allies.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 14, 2018, 07:04:04 am »

Cait Sith
1 Philosopher bathes in the Spring.

2 pick up crude spears and fish at J-1
2 pick up crude spears and fish at K-1
The other 5 research Magic Runes, with the disciplined apprentice using the Arcanum Botanica for reference.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 14, 2018, 07:28:36 am »

Why the fuck are half the techs dark blue in the civ spoilers?

Orassan Empire

3 workers work at the farmland at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket
3 workers research wooden structures.
3 workers forage for wood with 2 crude tools at B3
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing with it at B3
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 14, 2018, 07:36:08 am »

The techs now appear to alternate between blue and black text so that they are easier to tell apart. Either that or half of the techs are special techs and they coincidentally occurred in a pattern that only affects every other tech.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 14, 2018, 07:37:09 am »

To increase readability by making the chunks of text for each tech easier to distinguish. Temper the attitude.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 14, 2018, 07:43:34 am »

To increase readability by making the chunks of text for each tech easier to distinguish. Temper the attitude.

Well it just makes it more frustrating to read.

At least make half of them comic sans instead of dark blue.
it's over

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2018, 08:09:21 am »

I thought for a moment there that The People were trying to fight Bakhon and was getting a little worried. I'm almost positive that Bakhon would have crushed them but still. I guess he thought that his current living standards were well below what was required of the great Bakhon and basically ignored them to build himself a pimped out crib.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2018, 09:12:54 am »

Hey mr gm, when i became god of discipline i meant discipline as in dedication to the fullest not necessarily military discipline. Just wanted to mention that

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2018, 09:32:38 am »

Hay I got a question, can I spend FP to improve a tile, meaning can I improve the building on G7 without having to recreate the tile?

Blarg wonders around G7 with the Zebras and watches what they are doing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

The People
Action 1:
3 workers
research Woodcutting
Action 2:
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity
and 2 workers with 2 crude spears
fish at G4
Action 3:
1 worker
researches Primitive Furniture
Action 4:
3 workers
research Stone

0 new workers
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2018, 10:02:10 am »

I kinda want to know what being a disciplined apprentice does..
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 119