Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuff left behind by a caravan?  (Read 761 times)

RafLunarWinter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stuff left behind by a caravan?
« on: May 24, 2018, 11:09:41 am »

There's this tile with lists upon lists of every material you can imagine. I'm not really sure how long all that stuff have been there. It also contains some of the masterwork steel greaves that I sold some time ago, so it definitely belongs to a caravan from the past few months. I haven't touched it and it's all forbidden. I can claim it if I want but I'm afraid of hurting relations or something like that.
https://imgur.com/a/ftcJx7K
“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”
― Richard Adams, Watership Down

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff left behind by a caravan?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 11:55:29 am »

The caravan got spooked by something hostile as it was leaving the map. The dropped their stuff and ran. I have a stack of stuff like that from eight years ago.

Patrik's librarian script turned off the Trader flag and allowed me to recover a stuck book. There may be some way to use DFHack to unstick the rest of it. If you figure it out, let me know.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 01:59:17 pm »

The harm is already done, i.e. the merchants blame you for their losses, so the relations won't worsen by you collecting the dumped stuff. Basically everything except original books can be collected just by painting the tile with d-b-c to claim the stuff. Basically, merchants hold you responsible for all losses on your embark, regardless of whether you had the power to prevent them or not.

As Leonidas said, Trader marked books (and other artifacts) have to have their Trader indicator cleared outside of vanilla, although I'm not sure whether that is valid for copies as well.

RafLunarWinter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 11:15:49 am »

Yeah, I just took my greaves and sold them to the next caravan while leaving the rest outside.
“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”
― Richard Adams, Watership Down