-

-
- 0 (0%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 10, 2018, 10:42:38 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.  (Read 34895 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A First Host's Game: FE RtD.
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »

OoC thread, I guess. Also Sign-up.
Well, I'm going to try and host this. We'll see how it goes.Also, let's play a game of spot the reference!

Fire Emblem
Ruins of Fracturia

Many ages ago, 4 Great Generals fought over the All-Heart.

A Warrior as Bright as the Sun. A Mage as Blinding as Snow. A Thief whose Network spanned the Kingdoms.
And in the center of this, a Girl, older than them all.

The 4 were not always as history knows them now, what was left in ruin before their war.
Once, they walked together.

Greed. Guilt. Hubris.

Love. Bonds. Friendship.

As time passed, Grudges gave way to Hate. Selfishness. Anger.
Those who knew of the Prophecy, The World's End.

Time and time again chose to spite each other.
Until, they brought about the End itself.

As for How I know this. Well..
Why don't you find out yourself~

======================================================================================================================

[The Rules]
  • Character Name: Pick the name you will be known by(or just receive a simplified version of your own to fit)
  • Starting Class: Pick a playable class from amongst Fire Emblem History; Be sure to pick which game it comes from.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137453.0
This is a good guide on classes, should help me build them evenly. All Trainee classes are options, but first battle will likely be a while.

• Kingdom: Pick a Kingdom to start in. (Affects who you're paired with){Notice, certain classes are locked to certain kingdoms}
  • Buy your Items: Since I'm so kind, I shall grant you the ability to buy Items to start with. How Nice..
  • Receive Your Character Chart: This shows your progression as a character. It's also required to start the game, so take care of it.
[Kingdoms]

Al-Mast

A seafaring kingdom bordering the Northern Line. It encompasses a chain of Islands.
Al-Mast primarily exports Fish and Crystal . It usually imports Steel and Flora.
Al-Mast's capital is based in Star Harbor.

Ignis

A kingdom most foreigners deem to be this side of Hel, it has the largest continent, and is located near the Southeastern Line.
Ignis primarily exports Steel, Iron and Stone. It mostly imports Vegetables and Paper.
Ignis's Capital is Daemongulf.

Windrest

A land of plenty, it was not always like this. A mountainous region with constant snowfall. The Locals have learned how to harness steam vents scattered around to turn snow into a great agricultural system.
Windrest primarily exports Vegetables and Meats. It usually imports Crystals.
It also boasts the claim of being the natural home of Pegassi.
Windrest does not have a central capital, and is located along the North-Eastern Line.

Oceania

A collection of Merchant Ship-States, they make their home along the South-Western Line. While not having a standing military, their tech is top notch thanks to salvaging and trade.

The Darklands

A land of Exile to many unmentionables. They live a hard life near the Western Line. Despite this, they live somewhat well among each other. Why, their last civil war was 30 years ago!

Letherian

A Land located near diagonal across the Center SW, their exports are the ever mystic Fruits. Making good business picking these precious luxuries, they are rather peaceful. No one really invades since it would spark a war against everyone else.
It's capital is Alexandria.

[Shopping Time]

What are you in the mood for? Is it powerful Spells? Or maybe a Heavy Lance?
Well, it's not like you have the gold for it, but I'll oblige you with a special one-time deal.
You aren't likely to find such a wide selection anywhere else, I'll assure you.

Current GP: 10

Spoiler: Basic Melee (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Ever Distant Bows (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Anima Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3G Tomes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holy Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 4G Tome (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Are you a Healer? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Last bit of advice (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:14:46 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 02:46:28 pm »

Right, down to the rules of this Roll to Dodge. (More anyway)

Your character will start out at Level 1. Kill 4 Level 1 enemies, and you get a Level.
Killing a boss will level you up regardless as long as you are within 4 levels of said boss.
You can also receive Exp from combat. I'll keep track of how much you get.

Now to the Lords of this RtD, if any.

Lords will have to complete a Prologue chapter. If you can't complete it, you die, and will have to re-roll a new character.
You'll only have one shot to become a Lord character, so remember that.

Dragon-stone Units are likely to receive singular chapters to start with.(Which means you won't have many allies, if any.)
Their History, along with a Lord's, may also play a more important role than other characters.

If we don't have any lords however, I'll be rolling some Dice.
Any who receive a 6 will become a Lord; after their promotion. You won't know until you try and use a regular Promotion Item though.
And to mix things up, 3s, 4s,, & 5s will receive prologues. They'll be a lot easier than the Lord prologues from before though. So Exp. 6s may also join in, though I(the Dice Gods) have the right to decide if they do.

How does Leveling work?
Like in regular FE,(other than Heroes) you Level once gaining 100 Exp. This is normally done by fighting and defeating enemies. The level of the enemy, your level, and rarely it's class, determine how much you receive.

Case in point,

Your unit is attacked. you counterattack the attacker. Neither unit dies and both are the same level.(No modifier)
Gain 10-20 exp.
You kill a unit. Gain 30-40 exp.

Simple enough right? Depending on your level, if everything is equal, your level determines just how much is received. There are other factors, like what your foe is using, but these is the basics.

When you level-

Hp
Str
Mag
Skill
Spd
Luck
Def
Res

Say hello to the Random Generator, your growths go here. Get anything at or below that number, and you get a boost to that stat.

Now say good bye to the Random Generator, and hello to the Dice,

I'll roll a Die on each level up. These Dice may be on your side here as the Heroes of this tale.

1- No bonus to your growth rate this level.
2- If missing 2 or more +40% growths, receive +1 to your next Roll~Level-up.
3- +5% to your Lowest stat this Level-up.(Lowest growth if tied)
4- +5% to your Lowest stat & Hp Growth this Level-up.(Lowest Growth if tied)
5- +5% to your 2 Highest stats this Level-up.(Lowest Growth if tied)
6- +1 Stat points to 2 un-grown stats this Level-up.(To be chosen by you next post)
7- Stats have a 50% chance of growing Twice this Level-Up.

Character Growths-
Once more, the Dice Gods descend upon us.

1- Standard, you couldn't get any plainer, so have +20% to distribute.
2- Somewhat better, here's +40% to distribute.
3- Your History, you get growths according to your story if any. Better than 2s at least.
4- You are destined to be a Heroes apprentice. Good Growth rates.
5- You may be destined to become a Hero yet. Pick Power, Skill, or Dexterity as your specialty.
6- Congrats on having a Destiny. Hope you can live up to it. Your potential is truly impressive.

There may come a time where you can boost your Growth rates. So do not despair quite yet. Upon promotion, your growths will improve.
(Starting Promoted Characters do not receive these bonuses)

Starting Stats. More Dice.
3 rolls here. The total is your distribution. 1s and 2s count as 3 though.

Add these points to your starting character sheet's stats. Those who received a 1 or 2 on their growth cannot receive less than 10.
You cannot change your Hp or Luck.

Combat
When a turn begins, you roll a Die.

1- This turn: No Weapon Triangle Advantages. Take double penalties from Weapon Triangle-Disadvantages.
2- This turn: No Weapon Triangle Advantages.
3- Everything is normal.
4- This turn: Gain double the bonuses from Weapon Triangle Advantages.
5- This Turn: No Weapon Triangle disadvantages. Gain double the bonuses from Weapon Triangle Advantages.
6- This turn: No Weapon Triangle disadvantages. Gain double the bonuses from Type-Advantage.

This will occur each turn in battle.(Post)
Struck out by GM

There are unique conditions and skills which may grant a buff to you, though what those are will be explained as they come up.

Weapon effects-

Certain weapons may grant unique buffs to you in and out of combat. Some deal extra damage on top of their might.
Others may allow you to take less, or none at all!

There are also events which may be know as blessings of the Dice Gods. These are know as rolls.

Rolls, and their use in combat, will be explained in the prologues. A hint to magic users though, and Anima in particular. The type of tome you choose may have an effect on these events, or may even cause them regularly.

Out of Combat Events-

There may come downtime. In which case, your rolls are important. What you do during this free time is up to you,

A few examples~

Shopping

Research

Supports

Exploration

What you do is up to you, so long as you can do so.

===============
Characters go here.(When I have some sheets)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:35:52 am by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 03:03:26 pm »

Mmh! You picked my interest! Before creating a sheet, I do have a question though. Could you clarify the impact of our starting class on our character?

For example, will picking a basic starting class turn our character into a standard FE character, while picking a promoted class put us in the shoes of a Jagen?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 03:17:20 pm »

Currently typing in the exact rules.(To a degree of flexibility)

As for your question. Yes and no.

Pick a promoted character, and you get a Roll. A 1 is likely to hit you with Jagen's growths.
While a 6 will net you regular growths along with some decent stats.(I.e the stats a level 10/1 character would have)

Anything less though will hurt. and the max level is of course 20. I can be a very regular updater.

Your starting stats and growths are going to be subject to the Dice Gods, which I'll roll after you've submitted everything. Rest assured that even with a 1, you won't be worse than generics.(You may also be able to get growth boosters at some point in your quest)

Also, if you plan to pick a third tier class, don't. You will gain about 1 Exp point for every kill then, and die by midgame.(10/10/1 is the total level for such a character, but your growths will be Jagen-tier then, sparing a 7.)

Also, if you want to write a general history, you can.

Edit: I seem to have completely missed the first question..

Beaststone classes are restricted to the Darklands

Dragonstone classes are restricted to the Darklands and Ignis.

Stone classes start with a Stone for no GP cost.(Be sure to pick which game you're from, since that effects you. However, it must be a playable class)

Cavalier Classes are forbidden from Windrest, Oceania, and the Darklands.

Pegasusi are restricted to Windrest.

Archers are forbidden from Windrest.

I think that's it. Make sure to pick your homeland.

========
By the way, I am wondering who can pick out all(or any) the references.
Also, my Intro, what do you think of it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:02:26 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 03:19:39 pm »

Got it! I will wait for the rules to be typed then.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 07:41:19 pm »

PTW. I want to play as a Brigand (FE7), maybe even as a Brigand Lord if possible. Which of the kingdoms has the highest amount of criminals and bandits?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 08:00:34 pm »

Enemy or Ally? Gonzales is a bandit, and Lord is/can be a separate description.

And that would technically be The Darklands. Though that's more due to it being the Kingdoms' dumping ground for exiles.
Ignis would be next, though with the Darklands, you could certainly keep the Lord class if you can make it through the Prologue.
Care to try?

Also, any brigands in Letherian would quickly be wiped out. And the rest of the Kingdoms would have more pirates, there being oceans between continents. Though it's just as likely they work for hire.

I did do a good job of describing them right? Think of the world as a Square/Circle map and that might help.

If you submit a history(optional, but preferred for this), Character class/Name, and of course your 10GP shopping list, along with your home/starting kingdom, I can get your Character Sheet done and get you started on your Prologue Chapter.

I think that's it. Night and sleep for me now. Goodnight-
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:03:15 pm by TricMagic »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 08:17:10 pm »

Gonzales is from FE6, but the Brigands from that game and FE7 are exactly the same.

Enemy or Ally? I don't really understand the question, but my character will fight for himself, for power and fame or the highest bidder. Probably Evil, I guess?

Since Lords are actually modified base classes in many of the games, I wanted to play as a Brigand Lord (A Lord using the class Brigand as a base and later is able to promote into a Berserker Lord). But if it's either Brigand OR Lord, then I'll stay with Brigand.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:42 pm »

K I'll get everything setup tomorrow. I'm guessing you want to start in The Darklands?
Also, check the shopping list and pick some stuff from it for your starting inventory. I would suggest an Iron Axe, Light Axe, some elixir, an antidote, and vulrenary.
It's under basic weapons and items. You could also get a Miracle Ring if you want to drop some of it.

Also note that you're allowed five Items, but the ring is an accessory.

Last a name, unless you want me to give you one. You really do need to stock up at the shop before you start. Axes are somewhat rare in the Darklands.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 08:59:15 pm »

I would like some name suggestions, as I'm out of ideas right now. Since The Darklands is a kingdom of exiles and the character will be a Brigand (or Brigand Lord, if allowed), we could say he's the bastard son of a member of noblity that was later exiled there for a crime. Maybe a bandit name and a noble surname.

Yes, let's start at The Darklands. That place sounds fitting.

Would it be wise to start with a steel axe as my only weapon? Steel is commonly more durable, but it's also probbly harder to use for a first class. I don't know how much it would affect me, though.

I would like to have my name and maybe even my stats (at least HP) before I start working on a backstory and starting inventory, but if that's not possible then it's fine.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 11:44:33 pm »

Interested, making a sheet.
Questions: can we choose to start as a Trainee class? for example Pupil?
can we play as a dancer / bard class? what about Herons?
Are Third tier classes or overclasses potentially going to be a thing if the game runs long enough?
For growth purposes, are Laguz base classes or promoted classes?
Also, would you prefer beast Laguz or beaststone users? would you prefer dragonstone users or dragon laguz?
will dragonstone/beaststone users have to worry about their nearly-irreplaceable stone breaking or will replacements either never be necessary or constantly be available?
Will classes with split promotion paths be able to choose which they follow?
will classes that require very rare/specific promotion items be available?
are pegasus knights gender-locked to females (like older FE games) or are both genders allowed (like newer ones)
are character skills / class skills a thing?

Oh, and are you aware of the Fire Emblem on Forums games?

Also: are you going to allow the unusually large ranged weapon attack ranges from FE15/FE2 versions of ranged classes?
more useful links to explain the above question: FE2 weapons listed here, note the bow ranges.
FE15 weapons listed here, again note the bow ranges but also note the magic ranges.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:12:07 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 08:56:08 am »

K, then. RGUN-
Steel is not really the best choice if you want to hit any beasts in the Darklands. Hence the recommendation of the Light and Iron axes.
And yeah, you can do that stuff after your character sheet.

Lenglon-

Trainee classes are allowed as a choice, but they'll likely start a bit later in battles. On the plus side, they'll have free time to boost their W-ranks in the meantime.

Dancers and bards can be played. Though you do have a choice of which one to use. If they have any weapons, they can use them as well. So Olivia or Nils/Ninian as a class. Or Azura for that matter. You can expect a Prologue with them though, for sure.

As for Overclassing, yes, it will be a thing.
This actually ties into your Laguz question. Laguz count as base classes for the purpose of Exp.
However if a unit does not have a third tier class, or in the case of RGUN's Brigand Lord. I will make them accessible through the story.
As for Overclassing, that is likely to require a trial to show you are fit to gain that power.

Also, while Lord classes do get bonuses, the first type of lord to pass their Prologue will be the only one of it's class.

As for Stone vs. Laguz, Stone units receive bonuses but cannot be lords, while there can be a Laguz Lord, but only 1 of it's specific type.
They won't gain the bonuses the Stone units have.

Also, I haven't actually taken a look at that.

I have an overarching story planned, and some players are certain to reach third tier by the time it really picks up.

But on the whole, I'll be making most of it from cloth.

=====
This is a lot of questions. Thanks-

Also, would you prefer beast Laguz or beaststone users? would you prefer dragonstone users or dragon laguz?
will dragonstone/beaststone users have to worry about their nearly-irreplaceable stone breaking or will replacements either never be necessary or constantly be available?
Either are welcome, though dragons are a much smaller group of Laguz, and Manaketes near non-existent.

As for their stones, the Beast and Dragon Laguz have their way of making new ones.
Beaststones are necessarily far rarer, but the can be replaced when needed.

Dragonstones for Manaketes: A dragonstone is a manifestation of their power locked into the stone so they won't go mad.
As such, Manaketes have a few unique Free Time options.

Renewal- Through Meditation, you refill your Dragonstone's power.

Manaketes also come with the ability to Retreat. Commanders can also use this option, but since Manaketes often have solo Chapters, they can use this, if their Dragonstone is nearly out of Power. Note that creating new Dragonstones is far more difficult than refilling one.

If you choose to play as a Manakete, these options will be introduced as you go along.

Will classes with split promotion paths be able to choose which they follow?
will classes that require very rare/specific promotion items be available?

Yes, characters with split promotions can choose which they follow upon the use of a Master seal.
More Specific Promotion Items also exist. The Earth and Ocean seals for example.
That's not the best example, but Elysium Whips are a thing.

are pegasus knights gender-locked to females (like older FE games) or are both genders allowed (like newer ones)

So long as you are light enough, you can be a Pegasus Knight.
Griffin Knights are locked to a certain strength, but you can promote to that even if you are a girl.

are character skills / class skills a thing?
See Miracle Ring in the Item section of the Shop.

On that note, thief classes gain access to the Lockpick skill at Level 1.
Their are various scrolls which can teach skills throughout the land. But Heroes can learn Sol, and Mercenaries Armsthrift.
It should be noted that these skills are not learned by leveling, but through specific training most of the time.

It is just as well the first Prologue I'm doing doesn't have magic.
Feel free to give some help if you think it's a bit much. This is my first hosting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 09:01:20 am »

:D Extra note, this file has classes, should be good to start.

Sorry for the double Message RGUN.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:41:02 am by TricMagic »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 09:40:53 am »

After thinking abour it, I'll take a Light axe, an Elixir set and a Miracle Ring. Don't really want to die in the prologue and I can get Iron stuff later. It will probably last for a reasonable amount of time before breaking.

In short:
Name: (Pending.)
Kingdom: Darklands
Class: Brigand Lord
Items: Miracle Ring, 3 Elixirs, Light Axe
Story: (Will do after I get the name.)

So far, I think you're doing fine for a first time. But try to organize the information from your answers and include them in the first post, so it's easier to look up.

I didn't even notice I was PM'd, do I send the modified sheet back by PM too?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:44:50 am by randomgenericusername »

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 09:56:18 am »

PTW, will (actually) try to get a sheet in today
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44