-

-
- 0 (0%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 10, 2018, 10:42:38 am

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.  (Read 34772 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.
« Reply #450 on: June 10, 2018, 06:42:55 pm »

World domination DOES sound tempting... but when the price is EVULZ and I cold wage a (undoubtedly doomed to not kill you) one-man Guerilla war instead... Or I can do my own thing.
Alright, GM, here are the options I feel are available:
Option 1: I run into Everand and join his crew, looking for recruits. I play my character as a pragmatic Merc who does what needs to be done.
Option 2: I run into Everand, and I essentially get press-ganged into his army. I keep my character as he is, and strike out on my own at first opportunity (even if it's to join a more evil group, IC I'll just want to get rid of the bandits
Option 3: I strike out in my own, and my purpose can be to pick up any other latecomers as I go about my adventures gathering a merry band of misfits to start a new mercenary group
Option 4: I go about my miscellaneous misadventures, and I flat out wage war upon Everand for being Evul. Neither of us dies to each other, so that there's no bitterness, but either I draw enough attention to get an army to wage war upon Everand, or he gets me to leave, one way or another
Option 5:I somehow get to the Darklands and meet Tess and Selene. Always an option
Option 6: You think of something for me to do.

I would personally prefer to not work with Everand, but it would be interesting to see if I can RP being a merciless killer so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 10, 2018, 06:47:02 pm »

Well, she's being actively cheerful right now.

She is worried and a little afraid, but that's buried rather deep among the cheer.

The mana actively reaches you and begins to encircle you, then cocoon you. It doesn't seem to actively notice there are two people there.

cri-crack*

The spell completes, and the next second, Terissa and Selene are gone from the ruins.

Battle Overview will go here once I format everything.

Gaiden: Dark Beginnings
Complete

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 10, 2018, 06:48:06 pm »

World domination DOES sound tempting... but when the price is EVULZ and I cold wage a (undoubtedly doomed to not kill you) one-man Guerilla war instead... Or I can do my own thing.
Alright, GM, here are the options I feel are available:
Option 1: I run into Everand and join his crew, looking for recruits. I play my character as a pragmatic Merc who does what needs to be done.
Option 2: I run into Everand, and I essentially get press-ganged into his army. I keep my character as he is, and strike out on my own at first opportunity (even if it's to join a more evil group, IC I'll just want to get rid of the bandits
Option 3: I strike out in my own, and my purpose can be to pick up any other latecomers as I go about my adventures gathering a merry band of misfits to start a new mercenary group
Option 4: I go about my miscellaneous misadventures, and I flat out wage war upon Everand for being Evul. Neither of us dies to each other, so that there's no bitterness, but either I draw enough attention to get an army to wage war upon Everand, or he gets me to leave, one way or another
Option 5:I somehow get to the Darklands and meet Tess and Selene. Always an option
Option 6: You think of something for me to do.

I would personally prefer to not work with Everand, but it would be interesting to see if I can RP being a merciless killer so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
By the way, Everand's base and gang are in the Darklands.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 10, 2018, 06:50:44 pm »

yay!

Fair notice: I'm getting put on a night shift for this week at least, possibly the next as well or something like that. so I won't be able to make high-speed actions anywhere near as reliably simply because I'll be sleeping when people are awake, and you'll probably be sleeping when I'm awake. There's some overlap in the time periods, so I might be able to slip actions in during the evening after I wake up and before you sleep, or if you wake early I might be able to act in the morning before I go to sleep, but overall I'm really glad this chapter finished before the week began.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 10, 2018, 06:56:02 pm »

If Everand's in the Darklands where are Tess and Seline?
Guess I'm off on my own then?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 10, 2018, 06:57:39 pm »

I'll get to making your character sheet tomorrow afternoon.

I would really like to explore the other places besides the Darklands.

Also, Everand, while you won't be getting Toby, you should be able to get a dancer/singer at some point.
The entire point of your founding a village is to grow and conquer.

Things to do this/next week:

1. Build the Xenologue, put Jane through her paces and possible death, Watch as Michael dies a brutal death if Jane survives her death.

2. Create a character sheet for Toby and finalize it.

3. Build his first chapter/likely prologue.

4. Watch Michael die due to Everand & Jane.(This goes twice as a reminder of how brutally true it will end up being.)

----
I am taking the week off GMing to relax and actually build this stuff. I repeat that this Xenologue came way early. So no worries.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:59:21 pm by TricMagic »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2018, 06:59:06 pm »

Terissa (Tess is a nickname she told Selene because she's comfortable using it, and because she doesn't ACTUALLY know how much she can trust Selene.) just got teleported out of Ignis, almost certainly into the Darklands, though that hasn't been confirmed yet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »

That's the place the spell is supposed to send you.

Unless it ends up going horribly wrong, which is going to take some strange dice calculations and stranger luck.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2018, 07:02:01 pm »

I have officially admitted to myself that I do not quite know as much of the plotline as I was hoping I would.
GM, you are to do as you please with my character. I'll lock the personality in as the still young and therefore somewhat idealistic mercenary, who nevertheless knows fighting is life and death (having fought a fair amount during his 2 years and 10 months with the Iron Brotherhood) and doesn't believe in fighting cleanly anymore.
I shall take this week to read through the thread and track the storylines.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2018, 07:02:47 pm »

Don't leave it to dice then. Put Terissa where you think it would go best for the story, or worldbuilding, or whimsy, says you should put her.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 10, 2018, 07:06:17 pm »

Remember, Tric: the dice rolls are what you say they are. We, after all, don't get to see them. Paranoia:Troubleshooters had a pretty good tip for it, which summed up as: "If you don't like the dice roll, roll them again where the players can't see. It's YOUR story."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 10, 2018, 07:09:46 pm »

Redjive, there isn't a lot that you've missed.

On Everand's side, he's a lordling that got exiled from Ignis. He has a bandit crew. He attacked a caravan guarded by laguz, and it had some odd contents that he still isn't 100% sure what the deal is/was with that caravan.

On Terissa's side, she is also missing a TON of information. She has lived a sheltered life, and got restless and decided to go wander the world a bit to learn about it, and as soon as people saw what she was they called in the military on her, called her a demon, and she's been desperately running for her life. Eventually the military chasing her cornered her, sealed her in those old ruins, and apparently are now teleporting her to the Darklands. Selene is the first person she's encountered who wasn't scared of her, and Terissa herself doesn't know much at all about why people are acting how they are.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2018, 07:10:24 pm »

Remember, Tric: the dice rolls are what you say they are. We, after all, don't get to see them. Paranoia:Troubleshooters had a pretty good tip for it, which summed up as: "If you don't like the dice roll, roll them again where the players can't see. It's YOUR story."
That's kinda "cheating" though. If you are going to give GM pity rerolls, make them an actual mechanic.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2018, 07:12:33 pm »

Believe me, I will.

Though one of the reasons of mine for hosting this game is to see just how many times I need to pull off [------]'s act. I think it's 3 by now.

Also, can you put a post on how many references you can spot. I'm still waiting on someone to get the Name/Story Introduction reference.

Well, good night all.

And I haven't done pity rerolls, this Xenologue wouldn't be a thing if I did. Nor there being two Heart-Waters.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2018, 07:20:20 pm »

RGUN: For storyline purposes, if you make a roll as the GM that breaks the plot, I think it's fine to re-roll

Tric: A smol part of me wishes I went for something less generic than a generic soldier... On that note, since my history is basically 'screw my well-to-do merchant family, I'm joining the mili- er, mercenaries', and now I've received the blessing of my commander to go set up a branch of this mercenary group on my own, I'm liking the idea of being a lord more so than my previous idea, (especially since I doubt anyone else wants to be a soldier amirite fellas?) the previous idea being that there was a single party with a leader already established and I would need to join them.
Or not. I just read through all the stuff on the first page and realized there's potential for literally everyone to be a lord, so I figured I'd try for it. For the purposes of ranking in my mercenary crew, I left with the equivalent of Corporal (I command some dudes when necessary, but I don't have a lot of seniority, obviously).
Totally not making this up as I type, definitely had this all planned out and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44