-

-
- 0 (0%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 10, 2018, 10:42:38 am

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.  (Read 34234 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.
« Reply #465 on: June 10, 2018, 07:24:02 pm »

Also, can you put a post on how many references you can spot. I'm still waiting on someone to get the Name/Story Introduction reference.
You might be surprised how easy it is to find something when you already know where it is, and how hard it is to find that exact same something when you don't.
References in particular can be REALLY hard to find sometimes, because they rely on both the speaker and the listener knowing the source material roughly equally well.

for example lets say that you named a female child mage character Nina.
Now, if the only fire emblem game you've played is Blazing Sword, and that's the only source you're drawing from, you'd pretty quickly conclude it's a reference to Nino, a female child mage character from that game.
If you haven't however, then you're going to have a problem, because Nina is ALSO the spanish word for girl, and you can find references to such a girl's name all over the place across dozens of different stories in different settings and different connotations.
So in that case, the more well-read you are, the more likely you are to have trouble narrowing it down to that specific reference.
But if you never played Blazing sword, and don't know anything about Nino, then you have literally zero chance of getting the reference.

It's a TON easier to see an answer when you already know what the answer is.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2018, 07:27:30 pm »

Also, can you put a post on how many references you can spot. I'm still waiting on someone to get the Name/Story Introduction reference.
You might be surprised how easy it is to find something when you already know where it is, and how hard it is to find that exact same something when you don't.
References in particular can be REALLY hard to find sometimes, because they rely on both the speaker and the listener knowing the source material roughly equally well.

for example lets say that you named a female child mage character Nina.
Now, if the only fire emblem game you've played is Blazing Sword, and that's the only source you're drawing from, you'd pretty quickly conclude it's a reference to Nino, a female child mage character from that game.
If you haven't however, then you're going to have a problem, because Nina is ALSO the spanish word for girl, and you can find references to such a girl's name all over the place across dozens of different stories in different settings and different connotations.
So in that case, the more well-read you are, the more likely you are to have trouble narrowing it down to that specific reference.
But if you never played Blazing sword, and don't know anything about Nino, then you have literally zero chance of getting the reference.

It's a TON easier to see an answer when you already know what the answer is.
Actually, the spanish word for girl is "niña", which sounds quite differently. Other than that, I agree with what you're saying.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2018, 09:28:15 am »

I haven't personally played any of the FE games before FE9, although I've read LParchive for most of the others. For the intro, I THINK it's whichever FE had Hector as a lord? I dunno, the plots were usually pretty similar to each other: Surprise attack by one nation, the 'bad guys', and the heir to the throne of the other nation barely escapes and then leads a glorious counter-assault with minimal setbacks etc.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2018, 09:28:57 am »

Radiant Dawn had a memorable plot though. PoR was... unoriginal, but well implemented.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 19, 2018, 07:56:34 am »

I am taking the week off GMing to relax and actually build this stuff. I repeat that this Xenologue came way early. So no worries.
Poke.

You need more time?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:41 am »

Just got my 3DS stolen in a five second interval... Taking care of that right now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2018, 08:34:30 am »

Ima poke you again.
Pokity pokity pokepokepoke.
You manage to get your 3DS back?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:50 am »

I'm gonna poke it too.

*poke*
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2018, 09:13:15 am »

wind blows*

Xenologue: Destiny & Death

poke*
"--ke -p.. -ome -n, -wa--"

"uh..."

Jane's eyes open. In front of her seems to be this yellow blur surrounded by black.

Spoiler: Character Shift (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:09:17 pm by TricMagic »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2018, 09:17:37 am »

Jane examines the yellow blur, while trying to remember how did she end in this situation. Try to remember more stuff (like the backstory)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:45 am »

Jane's memory seems to be a bit jumbled.

Being lead to Faroese across the desert sands.

Cast out from --- -- ----

Everand rescuing her from them.

Many people coming together as one.

Taking up the sword.

Old --- -- --- .

A closer look tells you that she appears to be transparent...? There are marks of green on her as well.

"Ah, you're awake. Good."

"Are you feeling alright, any pains?.."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2018, 09:37:35 am »

Be honest and say you feel like trash. Ask where you are.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2018, 09:42:08 am »

"Ah..." ?

"A moment"

A healing light sweeps over Jane.
HP Restored.

"As for where we are... I suppose you could call this a Shadow Realm."

"This is where people go when... well. Usually they don't wake up at all."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:27 am »

((Note: Since I didn't make Jane, I won't do any direct dialogue with her while in this mission. Sorry.))

Thank the yellow figure. Inquire further about this "Shafow Realm".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2018, 10:08:43 am »

[That's Fine]

"The Shadow Realms are... I suppose you could say they are mirrors."

"They exist nearly everywhere in the world."

.."I do have to ask.. Do you remember how you got here?"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44